Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Default Post your empire

Post screenshots of your empire in this thread.
    Many of the AAR writers started by just posting random screenshots from the campaign, and commenting on it.
    Here's the stage for this.

Original OP
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It may be a little eary for this but whatever. i dont have any pics yet but so far ive conquered the british isles and france as England, and i am kicking butt
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; October 01, 2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: inserted instructions, but preserved the original post

Default Re: History and pics of your empire

So what, your playing England, it don't get any easier.
    Try a challenging faction like Milan, Venice , France and then tell us how many butts your kickin.

Hey, if he's playing england without Lusted's 2H mod and Longbow mod(really just increasing range and damage a bit), then it is a challenge.

For me, England is a little too vanilla. Not meaning they are boring but that alot of people play them.

When I get done with France, I think I will try a more eastern type faction such as Hungary or the Turks(will move west to avoid instand death by the mongols in that one).
    Full time christian, reptile enthusiast....oh yeah, i think I work too.

Pride goes before destruction. Prov 16:18

Quote Originally Posted by Kontos View Post
    Try a challenging faction like Milan, Venice , France and then tell us how many butts your kickin.
    France was really not hard in my campaign. I sadly saved over it.

It was a real change because while in my turkish campaign I did have to cheat to get 5000 florin when I went into debt once, as the French I never cheated. But all I had to do was get in the good graces with the HRE (It was possible before the AI mods, but it also relied on luck and the fact that they got bushwacked by the Venetians, Poles, and danes). After that, I was able to do everything I wanted. The only faction that actually gave me trouble were the Danes, who constantly besieged my northernmost province of Antwerp. The Spanish got tied up with the Moors, the Milanese with the Venetians. French cavalry were also amazing, and even with the cavalry bugs of the past, I managed to do great with them with an old RTW-system of infantry holding an enemy and the cavalry setting up behind. With the new cavalry fixes, they'll be so much easier.

Venice, well, whenever the AI plays them they are supreme. Though I did shockingly see them get wiped out with the latest of Lusted's Campaign Mods, this being after they took over Hungary too!

milan is one of the easiest campaigns i've played, on m/vh after 100 or so turns i had over a million (!!!) florins and 20 or so provinces with maxed buildings, was playing slowly but with their militias and position you can easily become very rich. could just buy lands instead of conquering

screenshot
    Last edited by terpol; December 10, 2006 at 11:32 PM.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

do u have that money with cheat...? and man u rly have some diplomatic expenditure?

no cheats, fighting with only militias for most of the time and having only cities means i usually had very little army upkeep and building up trade around italy got me often 60k profit per turn. the diplomatic expenditure is from giving factions lots of florins and also buying provinces.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

my god, I didn't know the map was that aweful ...

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kontos View Post
    France wasn't really that challenging at all IMO. Their units are fantastic.

HRE on the other hand is a real challenge, For the first like 50 turns the best infantry unit you can build is an armored spearman, and you can potentially be attacked by 6 enemies at once. In my current campaign as HRE I'm #1 in every category, but still struggling against Poland, France, and Venice all attacking at the same time. Luckily I took out Denmark very early, and I took out Milan after a 40 year war.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

The western factions are easy, though, i have yet to play Venice once the patch arrived.

@terpol: what did you do to get that map a new look?

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    my god, I didn't know the map was that aweful ...
    that isnt the standard map, its a modded one that is really big.

Indefinitely Banned

Kicking butt as England is when you got all of Britain, all of Iberia, all of France and are fighting the Milanese, the Danes and the Venetians at the same time.
    As France...its just too easy(a bit like England)...storm Milan, Caen, HRE and take northern italy, while Iberia is too much in conflict to act against you.
    Easy win.

I'm constantly struggling with my campaign. Yep, I'm playing as the English and consistantly falling into debt with my cities suddenly dropping from 200% loyalty to 90% in 2 turns. Meaning I need to create brand new armies (because I need to keep the old one garrisoned to keep order at 100%) every time I take a city/castle which takes ages!

Byztanie's pretty hard

Quote Originally Posted by ColbytheConqueror View Post
    that isnt the standard map, its a modded one that is really big.
    It looks the same to me, I think there is a cheat to remove all of the fog.
    Is a Flashy ****

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Cat View Post
    It looks the same to me, I think there is a cheat to remove all of the fog.
    There is. But no one is talking about that. They are talking about the horrible looking coastline and mountins, which is due to the extra large map mod.

oh...
    Is a Flashy ****

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Wow how did you get so much money, i played with 3 different factions and won them at m/m and never had so much money.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

My Russian Campaign (on Bigmap mod)
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wow how did you get so much money, i played with 3 different factions and won them at m/m and never had so much money.
    that's the only campaign that i've made anywhere near that much florins. it's mainly from the (possibly) very low army upkeep of milan and and awesome income from italian provinces

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast