Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Satrapy of Macedonia

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Satrapy of Macedonia

a letter arrives from Hectompylos from a Persian lord, surprisingly it is in Greek

"Fare thee well great regent! I would like to formally give you some congratulations for being named regent by the Hellenes. I also bid you good fortunes in your war.
    I was unable to attend the council at Babylon as I fell sick when I was in Arachosia and then I was forced to take up the administrative offices of Dahae, a pitiful province but will become prosperous and safe soon enough.
    We Persians have governed there for centuries and made it a civilized place. This should not be no different. The bandits will hang from trees and the tribals will not be able to continue attacking the frontier areas."
    ~ Kyros satrap of Dahae

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Macedonians riders bearing the flag of Antiochus have arrived at the court of Pella, the riders carry an important letter with them and deliver it to the regent of the Macedonian Empire.

To Hagen, regent of the Macedonian Empire.

Hail Hagen! The blessings of the gods be upon you and your satrapy! Unfortunately you might have heard of the cowardly assassination of Satrap Archesilaus already. Already news has arrived to me that the situation in Assyria is quickly deteriorating up to the point of anarchy and chaos. As neighbor of Asyria this very much concerns me, if the situation is not restored soon this will create a big gap between the Eastern and Western lands meaning communication between the west and East will be disrupted which would be most disastrous for the empire, in addition there have been several reports of bandit groups using the anarchy as an opportunity to plunder trade convoys and kidnap and rape those who are with those convoys. While other satraps are busy dealing with affairs in Anatolia i'm ready settle the matters in Assyria. Therefore i think it is time for a full scale intervention to restore stability and peace to Assyria and make it prosperous once again and save it from chaos. Therefore i ask your permission for this campaign.

Signed, Antiochus, Satrap of Babylon.

Veritas Temporis Filia

The Satrap of Greater Armenia send 2 point as a tribute to the King and to the Regent

of our great empire.
    Last edited by Spartan999; May 20, 2016 at 06:42 PM.

Patrician

The Satrap of Phrygia would be willing to pay for the release of Deucalion's son and daughters. He also would like for the son of Deucalion to receive a military command to fight in the war against Bythinia.
    Herakles will pay 1,200 drachma (12 points) and Hagen would do whatever he wants after this problem has been solved (as I am short several generals now).
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 21, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

The satrap of Syria has been killed and a new satrap should be chosen from among the brothers of Lysandros.
    For now I ask that I be named protector of the area as I fear that Babylon or Egypt was behind this assassination.
    I have told you that Calas is a renegade, he seeks only his own agenda and has neither sought to punish the rebel of Judea nor to defeat the Greek rebels, instead he aids Nabatean raiders in a war between Arabs which is none of our concern. The rebel Calas no doubt marches to Damaskos as we speak. He has you at his mercy yet you do not realize it, you required his aid and yet he withdrew... tell me who can trust such a man? Otherwise I fear that Syria will fall to the forces of sedition and a seemingly loyal province will be taken by traitors.

A messenger from Baktra arrives, with a letter informing the regent that order in Marakanda has been restored by the satrap of Baktra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12