Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212?

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212?

Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212ad after the news about the first Public release for Custom and Multiplayer battles for Attila?

Default Re: Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212?

Well this sounds interesting.

Default Re: Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212?

I'm not much of an organiser, however, I'd be well willing to participate with my Seljuk deathstorm army

FrozenmenSS your idea is good. Well I can't help you, but you have my support.

You have my sword!

I'll be happy to provide commentary for livestreams and youtube videos. My schedule is usually very spontaneous, so I'm not sure if I would be active enough to help organize a tournament. Plus my work is better appreciated into making factions and their unit rosters. Lol

Im in guys if you need a shield brother

Ok - so far 3 members of the 11 years old TW Sith clan are also in for the Tournament.

lSithl Magma

lSithl VoidDragon

lSithl Frozenmenbg (myself)

Btw what about the rules for the battles?

Here are ''placeholder'' rules done by me in 5 min.Are they good for the mod's MP balance?

RULES:
    - Max number of participants - no limit.
    - Matches will be a best of 1. The final will be a best of 3
    - Time limit on the game - 20 min

UNIT RULES:
    - Max 4 the same units
    - Max 8 heavy infantry
    - Max 8 cav units (including horse archers,General not counted)
    - Max 12 range infantry units (included arty like onagers and cannons)

MAPS RULES:
    - The hoster will choose maps for each round
    - Large funds and large unit size

DISALLOWED:
    - Camping in the forest (in the forest can only hide half of your army)
    - Using defects of the game (bugs, failure of animation, push through, cheats and so on)
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; May 01, 2016 at 06:36 PM.

I would like to join the tournament.

Same- I am interested in joining a friendly tournament, not so much hosting(am actually ThornFalconeye, was in the A1C tourney).

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

And you have my axe. (I got 5, so I don't mind giving away axes to those who need)

@Frozen Have you asked Milk&Cookies or the other youtubers?

~Wille
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; May 02, 2016 at 06:01 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

I would like too.

lSithl TehPwner also said he would join us.

As for Hosting and managing Tournaments - the best place is to making a Steam MP Group.Who is making 1?

I did one: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MKTW1212

Feel free to join.

Everyone join the group. Also I would like to join thank you. I will be playing as the Empire of Nicaea

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

I am one of the admins in the ''Use it Lose it''Tournament Group that is really famous in the rome 2 community and if you want i could host it in it or at least advertise it

i would like you join you i will join the steam group

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi_TWR View Post
    I am one of the admins in the ''Use it Lose it''Tournament Group that is really famous in the rome 2 community and if you want i could host it in it or at least advertise it
    Yeah, do it!

Bobi_TWR's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    Who is interested into hosting a Multiplayer Tournament on the MK 1212ad after the news about the first Public release for Custom and Multiplayer battles for Attila?
    I would love to help create a 1212 ad competitive community.
    However the multiplayer as it is is completly unballanced despite having great potential...after some major changes and a few patches it will be surely better than vanilla Attila. But i'm sure ina couple mounths that will be taken care of. Right now quite a few known ATW players I know stated their lack of interest for competitve play in this mod due to it being unbalanced.
    I got the honour and privilege of having early access to this mod and jumped straight on into the multiplayer with some clan mates. We were not impressed. To start off several factions have very meagre rosters, namely Pommerania, Silesia, Trebyzond, Nicea and the Latin Empire (probably there are more but those were the ones that i got to check out first). Trebyzond it's so ridiculously weak it lacks any sort of shock cav or any good cav for that matter, as any experienced player may know that's a death sentence in vanilla Attila mechanics. Then some units are either outrageously overpriced for what they deliver or the exact opposite. For instance the teutonics version of knights (high) are overhaul stronger than the late version of the same unit even though they cost 300 denari left. And now to the part i consider the worst...the unbeatable meta. If you get a decent bunch of peasant archers+men at arms (sword and shield unit not the other with the same name but with polearms)+knights you are guaranted to win any battle vs anyone who doesn't brings the same build no matter how badly you play.

About Bobi's tournament...i must say it's a really bad idea. Not only you are doing it too early as your rules are completly atrocious. With 6 knights units alone i could destroy an entire army from Trebyzond. Also showing your dislike for western european nations in the mod only so Bulgaria can triumph is idiotic at best...xenophobic at worst. And even still Serbia has much better cav and it has halberdiers...like you stood a chance. Please postpone it so to avoid giving this very promising mod bad publicity. There are several issues that make the current state of the mod not suited for competition. Some experienced and respected ATW players already said no so learn to respect the people's will for once and stop acting like a spoiled child. That behaviour was the direct result of the failure of your recent tournaments. I apreciate your effort but you have no idea how to do things.

And finally let me explain why i'm here and what is my main goal. My steam name is Reconquistador and i'm from the ZEAL clan. We in ZEAL are pretty hyped with 1212 ad but we feel the mod needs more patching before it can be played competitivly. In a few mounths time we will be hosting what we hope will be a 64 player tournament (by that time i hope the balancing issues have been fixed by the most part. We might even host a league tournament.
    But what i ask you all now is to please be reasonable and think about this wisely. The mod is in no way ready for competitive gameplay. Making a tournament now and most of all casting the battles would just expose the many flaws in this mod atm and drive the general interest away from it. I would like you all to instead focus on fiding the issues and giving feedback to the great team that did this mod so they can adress those same issues. If you all cooperate with me and my clan to solve this very issues i can assure you we will be able to host many great tournaments and create a competitve community like it was never seen in any TW mod. Please don't be hot headed like Bobi who despite having none to very little ATW experience wants to host a tournament just as it has been released. Let's take our time and do something great shall we?

Sorry for any spelling, grammar or any other sort of mistakes. It's rather late where i am at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast