Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EB v1.21c - The work continues - Rome Section

Dsturbed's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: EB v1.21 - The work continues

İ have Rome Total War 2 but still plaing EB 1.2 . Because this mod is fantastic and i m so happy heard about 1.21. Please keep going and i believe segas brain hunters will grab you.
    So if you need donations please inform us. Why we dont pay you. İf we pay dollars for expansion packs for RTW2 you re already deserved it.
    Last edited by Dsturbed; May 19, 2016 at 04:38 PM.

yess another update man
    i seconded what Dsturbed said, if you need donations please inform us. Why we dont pay you. İf we pay dollars for expansion packs for RTW2 you re already deserved it.
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Great news! Let us keep RTW alive for ever!
    Thank you b0gia!!!

Will it be possible to fix ctd bugs? I love the game but ctd makes it unplayable...

there is mod that removes all quotes but one, this fix the CTDs bug

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Guys there are many things now that are causing ctd's. I have fixed them in v1.21
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Hope that those 3 highly unhistorical units (those three heavily armored spear infantry and a Goidelic unit with a large hammer) get the axe. Such a waste of unit space.
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; May 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM.

what about the germanic 2-handed axemen? unhistorical for sure, but i personally think the model should be fixed 2-handed wooden club instead of axe, that is somewhat realistic

i recently noticed 3 cavalry units in EB (Getae Phylakes Daoi and Tarabostes; Karthadast Sacred Band Cavalry) that use wrong weapon model - their lances are obviously 2-handed long lance (or pike) that only can be used without shield; they have shields, so their lances should be shorter one-handed ones, if we want technically accurate units (some hoplites also use spears that are far too long for overhand grip with combination of a large shield)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cavalry-lances

also a few Italian Venetic units could be added

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post

Hello to all Europa Barbarorum fans, i can't believe along with you that our beloved mod EB is going to be updated after 8! years. This version 1.21 is going to feature general improvements and include all the original fixes plus mine ones to be the perfect EB we all want. There are going to be a series of releases for testing until the final 1.21 starting with 1.201 asap.
    If all the plans go well after the final 1.21 there will be an other version 1.3 that i plan to be ground breaking. It will be over vanilla europa barbarorum if i ever succeed to release it. But this is scheduled to far future. Until then you know what is coming. I give you hope that your favourite mod will continue to be updated the years that coming.
    Long live Europa Barbarorum!
    -b0Gia

Current Team

-b0Gia
    -Leon Katakalon

Instructions about the incoming version.

All you are going to need is to install EB 1.1 and EB 1.2. This version will include the original fixes so you don't need to install them. So only EB 1.1, EB 1.2 and the current version. That means that you should create a clear install to better be safe. Now about any mods you are using, if the modder is offline for a very long time, you can request from me to make them compatible with the current version so you could continue to use them.

Details about the content.

New units for sure!
    More to be added

I will try to make Europa Barbarorum more historical than even and more beautiful too.

Long Live Europa Barbarorum!
    I would like to propose Extended Unit Info Mod. From the moment I installed it, I cannot play EB without it. For years I wondered why some units had same statistics but behaved so differently in battles. The answer is in the extended info this mod provides, especially about secondary weapons, lethality, ap etc.

In fact I could help in adding it, as I have studied the structure of export_units.txt and I have modified it a little bit myself, I mean if the creator of this submod isn't in the forum anymore or he is not willing to add a new version.

Glad that you continue to develop our favorite all time best mod!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoldShield Guard View Post
    In fact I could help in adding it, as I have studied the structure of export_units.txt and I have modified it a little bit myself, I mean if the creator of this submod isn't in the forum anymore or he is not willing to add a new version.
    Don't forget to check about permissions to use this mod on other mods; one thing is using it for yourself and another is including it in other works. I'm sure you know the deal, if not just feel free to ask
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

GoldShield Guard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Don't forget to check about permissions to use this mod on other mods; one thing is using it for yourself and another is including it in other works. I'm sure you know the deal, if not just feel free to ask
    Yes I know the deal, but this submod is based on the particular EDU. If the new version 1.21 has a revised EDU with new units and new statistics of the old units, then the submod is completely useless and someone needs to rewrite it from scratch. Only the original idea will be the same, and of course credits of the idea will be mentioned. But I don't think you can "copyright" the idea.

I hope you understand what I mean. Else, I could elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldShield Guard View Post
    Yes I know the deal, but this submod is based on the particular EDU. If the new version 1.21 has a revised EDU with new units and new statistics of the old units, then the submod is completely useless and someone needs to rewrite it from scratch. Only the original idea will be the same, and of course credits of the idea will be mentioned. But I don't think you can "copyright" the idea.

I hope you understand what I mean. Else, I could elaborate.
    Well the Edu at least in Alex version is going to be updated because of new units that we would add. Now if you want to create your own version of this submod and share it with people if you give credits to original creator no problem from me.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Could we have the list of changes of this update?

Incredible!

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Could we have the list of changes of this update?
    See this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-List-of-v1-21

ahhh finally the update is release, thank you very much to Bogia and his team for hard work, dedication, love to continued made alive this EB1 mod

You have my respect and my salute
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

First of all, this is greatly interesting to me. I'm impressed. Personally, I love EB, and it's one of those mods that I look back to fondly, occasionally wishing that it would receive another final update or two, and yet here we are! So Kudos are in order. Could be an amazing addition.

I will ask some things though, regarding compatibility or in mods I would suggest be implemented by default (if possible) that I find wholly beneficial.

The first would be Jirisys' phalanx mod. It's a small change, that just so happens to make classical hoplite phalanxes better in every way. It seems appropriate and superior to the usual 'mobbing' they do. - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eduplicated%29

Next, I am curious if this can work for EB via Barbarian Invasion. I have RTW Gold on steam, installed with BI, and ever since I've got EB to work with BI, I haven't gone back. The 'shieldwall' formation for disciplined units, manual warcry for some units, swimming, etc., are all awesome advantages. So I'd wonder if this would work for that. http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...arian-Invasion

The changelog doesn't seem super detailed at the moment, but I wonder if EB had some inherent bugs or balance issues ingrained into the RTW engine that could be fixed.

(I say that because I think your changelog mentions monetary changes.. and in my KH campaign I've had certain settlements, [Rhodos] which have done nothing but rack in debt throughout the entirety of their campaign lives, which doesn't seem quite right to me).
    Last edited by Janas; May 29, 2016 at 01:16 AM.

Outcast's Avatar Civis

By the gods...

I cant believe this. Thank you so much for continuing work on this legendary mod

icenii's Avatar Civis

@bogia Scripting
    -
    Updated Game Script
    - New reforms and revised the old ones
    - New money script
    - Updated Spoils of victory script. What exactly have you done with the reforms and did anything relate to the reforms for the Romans as there always seemed to be great confusion on when/how they would happen.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

The best news I have heard in a long time! Thank so very much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast