Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Winterfell, Seat of House Stark

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Winterfell, Seat of House Stark

Casca took a moment to think before replying.

"Well, as you know the Volantins are a secular people, and while I have contacts within the city the Triarch's still have final say. Then there is the matter of me having to tie up one of my ships for trading*. I would think a fee of 10,000 Dragons, one that would be quickly recouped, should be enough to cover my expenses regarding this endeavour. Should I be successful we will discuss later the fee for use of my ship for trading*."

Casca watched the lordling closely as he finished hoping for a good response.

*ignore these parts if I do not require diverting one of my ships. As I read and interpreted the rules I believe I do need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Rickard nodded in agreement with Tully. He's a good man, sister. But its your choice. Rickard was a hard man, but he'd always been soft with his little sister. I will be in the godswood contemplating recent events, watch the young ones for me. Rickard stated to his guards as he made to leave. Dinner will be held in the feasting hall when the sun sets. With that he was gone, Lord Stark certainly had much on his plate. The guards intensively watching Lord Tully and Lady Stark eyeing her prospective husband. Tell me Lord Warrick, what is this Riverrun like, is there a godswood, a far is it from here? She seemed interested in the outside world to an extent. But more importantly, besides having honor what kind of man are you? She looked him up and down with inquisitive eyes.

There is a Godswood in Riverrun my Lady. There are others in Harrenhal, Darry, and Raventree hall. Although, the Weirwood in Raventree Hall has been long dead. We Tully's keep to the new gods but will not infringe on another's beliefs. It is why we keep the Godswoods. There are plenty others that follow the Old Gods though they be few. As for what kind of man I am, I am the best man I can be. It's something my uncle used to tell me all the time. If we try too hard, then it is forced and unnatural. Be who you are, let the world decide who that man is for themselves. Who I try to be is a man of conscience. I love my family aside from our words and I hope to always do right by my people. For you I can say this also, I have been with no other partner, and my older sister has always been more than what others call a "Lady", so I hold no traditional marital role I wish for you to fit. I want children, I want for my wife to respect our marriage vows as I will do the same. I've been talking for a long time.

Warrick looked away for a moment and then back.

And what kind of Lady are you?

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Casca took a moment to think before replying.

"Well, as you know the Volantins are a secular people, and while I have contacts within the city the Triarch's still have final say. Then there is the matter of me having to tie up one of my ships for trading*. I would think a fee of 10,000 Dragons, one that would be quickly recouped, should be enough to cover my expenses regarding this endeavour. Should I be successful we will discuss later the fee for use of my ship for trading*."

Casca watched the lordling closely as he finished hoping for a good response.

*ignore these parts if I do not require diverting one of my ships. As I read and interpreted the rules I believe I do need to.
    He thought a moment. Five now, and five again if you are successful. He gave a smile. I'll have no need of your ships.. for now.

OOC: I built the building for an extra trade lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    There is a Godswood in Riverrun my Lady. There are others in Harrenhal, Darry, and Raventree hall. Although, the Weirwood in Raventree Hall has been long dead. We Tully's keep to the new gods but will not infringe on another's beliefs. It is why we keep the Godswoods. There are plenty others that follow the Old Gods though they be few. As for what kind of man I am, I am the best man I can be. It's something my uncle used to tell me all the time. If we try too hard, then it is forced and unnatural. Be who you are, let the world decide who that man is for themselves. Who I try to be is a man of conscience. I love my family aside from our words and I hope to always do right by my people. For you I can say this also, I have been with no other partner, and my older sister has always been more than what others call a "Lady", so I hold no traditional marital role I wish for you to fit. I want children, I want for my wife to respect our marriage vows as I will do the same. I've been talking for a long time.

Warrick looked away for a moment and then back.

And what kind of Lady are you?
    It seemed as if this Tully had much to say. I'm a simple woman. She said with a smile. I like to tend the gardens. She began gently caressing the blue roses with porcelain fingers. I like to fight as well, I'd like children.. though not too many. But most of all I like to ride, there's nothing as freeing as being mounted on a horse.

He thought a moment. Five now, and five again if you are successful. He gave a smile. I'll have no need of your ships.. for now.

It seemed as if this Tully had much to say. I'm a simple woman. She said with a smile. I like to tend the gardens. She began gently caressing the blue roses with porcelain fingers. I like to fight as well, I'd like children.. though not too many. But most of all I like to ride, there's nothing as freeing as being mounted on a horse.

All of those things I believe you could do plenty of in the Riverlands. Maybe not the fighting however.

A faint smile threatened Warricks face, they were not frequent.

She laughed. That seems like a fair deal. She shrugged eyes closed. Promise to treat me right and respect our vows and I'll go south with ya, but you'll have to promise I can do as I please and return here to see my family from time to time. She gave a coy smile.

As you please yes, but within reason of course. You are a Lady of House Stark now, and as Lady Tully I hope you would attend to matters the Lady of a House must. However yes, your time is of course otherwise yours. And you may come back home to visit whenever you so please. Then it would be my honor to call you Lady Tully.

We have an agreement Warrick. The she-wolf relied with a sultry wink. Now I think it fitting that we have dinner with the rest of my family, so we might inform them of the events that have transpired.

OOC: We can have a wedding RP or not. Same with RP her arrival in Riverrun.

Casca though on this proposal for a moment before replying.

"5000 Dragons shall cover my expenses initially but shall hardly cover my own time in this matter. I should ask your lordship that even if I should not be successful I receive 2500 Dragons upon returning to relay the news, as a way to ensure my time is compensated."

OOC- Wedding RPs get boring and time consuming I think. We can RP something more of the two of us in Riverrun. Also, we can stage this before the whole issue with the King getting gored? This way, if Stark needs anything throughout this, he can reach out to his brother in law.

OOC: Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Casca though on this proposal for a moment before replying.

"5000 Dragons shall cover my expenses initially but shall hardly cover my own time in this matter. I should ask your lordship that even if I should not be successful I receive 2500 Dragons upon returning to relay the news, as a way to ensure my time is compensated."
    Fair. If the trip to Volantis fails, attempt to gain a route with Myr. There may be an additional sum in it for you if you're successful. Its on the way back, so I assume stopping will be of little consequence.

Casca nodded. "As you say, so it will be. Now if there are no other matters you wish to discuss lord I will be on my way to plan this trip."

OOC: sorry about the delay. Tapatalk screwed up on me and I wasn't on a computer before now.

Yes, you have my leave. Brandon waved Casca off.

With permission now given Casca left the keep so he could begin planning for his expedition.

Hother Umber pays a visit to the Starks at Winterfell. He leaves his chariot at the stable.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Brandon greets him in Winterfell's main hall. Ah, Hother. He remarks with a smile, it was always good to see his brother's vassals. Tell me, how fairs Last Hearth?

Brandon greets him in Winterfell's main hall. Ah, Hother. He remarks with a smile, it was always good to see his brother's vassals. Tell me, how fairs Last Hearth?
    Hother smiles him in turn.

"As boring and cold as always, Brandon"

Takes a seat, his legs crossed before him. He drops his furry cloak on the floor.

"How is my nephew?"

His sister had died delivering that boy and Hother expected he was worth the live of an Umber. At least his sister died without even a single yell. Strong fellows they were at Last Hearth.

"I expect him to be as large as a direwolf. And as fierce. Does he hunt already?"

He says, dryly.

He's still just a boy, but he grows stronger by the day. Brandon replied. He has taken well to his studies of the sword and knows how to ride a horse as well as any man I've ever known, he spends much of his free time in the Godswood. Though he has not been on a hunt, not just yet. He scratched his beard thoughtfully. He misses his father now that he deals with business in the south, and his new responsibilities are heavy.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 16, 2016 at 06:18 PM.

"I suppose he shall become a worthy wolf when the time is due. I will bring the boy to a hunt as soon as he feels confident enough. He has to become a man"

Said Umber.

"His father shall return, Lord Stark has no place in the Southron ambitions. At least I hope so"

Hother caresses his beard.

"What other news come from the capital, Brandon?"

He's a wolf for certain, strong and fair. He reminds me of my brother when we were his age. He shrugged. I hope Rickard returns soon, right now he seeks to stabilize the south as to avoid conflict in the future. He shook his head. The King undergoes bouts of madness and has little ability to rule, he burned those lords who surrendered from the Reach alive. Snakes and madmen populate that landing of kings. His tone lighter. But there's good news as well, the Stark family is now bigger by two thanks to the two babes he's had by the dowager queen. They've been sent here to Winterfell in order to be raised by their kin.