Thread: Riverrun- Seat of the House Tully

Default Riverrun- Seat of the House Tully

Riverrun
    Seat of House Tully

Sigil

House Tully: Family, Duty, Honor

Lord Hoster Tully
    Deceased
    Bio: Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, older brother of Brynden "Blackfish" Tully, Head of House Tully. He pledged his forces to the King for the upset at the Stepstones when he suddenly and mysteriously retreated his forces. Some say he was injured in battle, some say he laughed and mocked the Kings troops before leading his troops away, others say he never even made it to the front. Still, he now sits at Riverrun and has not been seen by any but family and close friends.

Brynden Tully AKA The Blackfish
    Bio: Stern younger brother of Hoster, he is known as the warrior of the two. He took a troop of men out with the Baratheons and fought next to Ormond before his fall. Brynden was cornered nigh the end of the battle and slipped out between enemy forces.
    +3 Duels
    +3 Battle
    +3 Survival
    +2 Capture
    Bastard sword (+4 Duels, +4 Survival)
    Partial Plate (+20 hp, +4 Duels, +2 Survival)

Myles Tully
    Bio: The frequently smiling twin trout, he is an enforcer for his brother Warrick. He is rarely seen without his twin Axel, but is polar opposite of demeanor. He is the favorite child of Hoster, and he epitomizes the Tully name. Question arises in some circles as to the stability of the family because of this, but those that know Myles and Warrick know better. He was with his father during the Stepstones.
    +2 Duels
    +2 Charisma
    +1 Survival
    +2 Battle
    Bastard sword (+4 Duels, +4 Survival)

Axel Tully
    Bio: The brazen Twin trout, he is short in chatter and long of sword. Behind closed doors he smiles with his family and his compassion is well known but that is not a face he dons in public. He was with his father during the Stepstones
    +2 Duels
    +2 Pathfinder
    +2 Survival
    +1 Battle
    +1 Short Sword
    Single handed weapon and shield (+2 Duels, +4 Survival, +6 hp)

Moira Rivers
    Daughter of Axel Tully and deceased woman

Mara Tully
    Axel Tully and Hightower

Margery Tully
    Axel Tully and Hightower

Warrick Tully
    Bio: The oldest Tully Teen and heir to Riverrun. He is well known and has a calm demeanor. Growing up responsible for his brothers, he knows the burden of responsibility. His father never treated him as a child nor his heir so he pretends to have an air of indifference toward him. He was with his father during the Stepstones and knows the truth of the retreat.
    +2 Battles
    +2 Wealth
    +2 Charisma
    +1 Duel
    Greatsword (+7 Duels, +2 Survival)

Catelyn Tully
    Half Tully, half Stark.

Edwyle Tully
    Half Tully, Half Stark

Criston Tully
    Deceased
    Bio: As he grew, he grew taller than most. He seemed to always look older than his age and though he still has child like qualities, his uncle turned him into a sponge for a beating. They say that Brynden Tully teared every time he struck the boy but struck him all the same and many times. He stayed at Riverrun during the Stepstones, despite his objections and requests to fight alongside Brynden.
    Now a member of the Gold Cloaks.
    + 6 Duel (Great Sword)--Passed to Warrick
    +2 Battle
    +3 Survival
    +3 Duel
    +1 Scout

Penny Tully
    Oldest of the Tully children. Shy but with sharp wit.

Tested Trout and Retinue
    Warrick, Criston, Myles, Axel

Middle-man: Assassinations are dangerous, especially to politicians, and aren't all Lords politicians? Cultivating middle-men with some deniability on your part is a must-do if underhandedness is in your toolbox. +1 Assassin.

Merchant: Greedy and amoral, merchants. Excellent with money, though! +3 Wealth.

Orator: He was once a playwrite, spent time in a famous acting troupe in King's Landing, and co-wrote some play that was all the rage in the Free Cities. A man whose profession is to charm and entertain has uses beyond keeping your retinue regailed with tales of heroism and bravery, he's also very useful at teaching you how to come across more convincingly. +1 Charisma.

Military
    7,500 points

buildings
    Militia Armory- 500 militia points
    Town Watch- 1000 militia points -5% prof troops
    Market-square- +10% income
    Merchant square- 10% income
    Barracks- 1000 militia points, -10% prof troops
    Trade Hub- +1 trade lane
    Trade Center- +40,000
    City Watch Quarters: 400 Light Infantry permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.
    City Watch Barracks: 200 Archers permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.
    City Watch Fortifications: +2 to detection rolls against enemy armies entering your home territory. 100 Heavy Infantry permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.
    Whisper House: -2 on Spying and Assassination rolls in this province when conducted by enemies, +2 when conducted by province owner.

Small Riverport: +10% income, mutually exclusive with the Coastal Dockyards
    Large Riverport:+5% income
    Last edited by Zeus Almighty; July 19, 2016 at 10:53 AM.

Default Re: Riverrun- Seat of the House Tully

Lord Whent arrives with a handful riders. They're easily identified by the banners they carry, black bats on golden field.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

The Whents are received by Ser Warrick Tully himself. The Whents were a known comodity to Warrick even though he never really trusted anyone. He bowed deeply and accepted his guests, I am overjoyed you arrived so expeditiously.

OOC- I think per lore Hoster was married to a Whent? If you want to continue that tie let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    The Whents are received by Ser Warrick Tully himself. The Whents were a known comodity to Warrick even though he never really trusted anyone. He bowed deeply and accepted his guests, I am overjoyed you arrived so expeditiously.

OOC- I think per lore Hoster was married to a Whent? If you want to continue that tie let me know.
    He was married to Lady Minissa Whent, Lord Whent's sister. However, She is on her late twenties or early thirties at most right now, it depends on how old are your sons.

Whent bowed in turn, he wore fine leather and silk, the cloak held in place by a brooch in the shape of a bat.

"When our liege call us we arrive at the earnest, Ser"

He smiled kindly. Lord Whent was cheerful and light-hearted.

"I guess I'm here to deal with the most recent threat to the realm's peace"

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

~Royal Decree~

In order to raise gold to repel Maelys the Usurper, King Aerys II Targaryen has hereby issued a royal War Tax upon Lords Paramount and High Lords - TO LAST ONE YEAR.

Lords Paramount will be required to pay a tax of 5% , while High Lords will be required to pay a tax of 2.5% .

[TARGARYEN SEAL]
    Signed by King Aerys II Targaryen
    Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Defender of the Realm, Protector of the Faith and King of the Andals, the Rhonyar and the First Men

By the order of the King, all Lords who send contingents to war under the Royal Targaryen Banner will be exempted from the war tax. Likewise, all lords who support the Usurper, Maelys, will be subjected to indemnity, the price of which will be decided upon the end of the war.

OOC: Don't take this as me sending new messages out, take this as the old Raven. Just making sure everyone has it and that everyone's seen the update to it.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

A Royal missive asking for trade arrives at Riverrun.

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    He was married to Lady Minissa Whent, Lord Whent's sister. However, She is on her late twenties or early thirties at most right now, it depends on how old are your sons.

Whent bowed in turn, he wore fine leather and silk, the cloak held in place by a brooch in the shape of a bat.

"When our liege call us we arrive at the earnest, Ser"

He smiled kindly. Lord Whent was cheerful and light-hearted.

"I guess I'm here to deal with the most recent threat to the realm's peace"

OOC- well pops is in his 40's (also dying but I haven't revealed that yet.) and Warrick the oldest is 17. So if she can stretch 32 then that would make her 15 at his birth. Not completely unusual for this kind of time period? idk your call my friend.

Indeed Lord Whent, that is not the only thing we need to speak about. It has been a tough few weeks. My father, he has set forth some things we must handle. My brothers await us inside the Great Hall, where we may speak in privacy. Warrick extended his arm and led the way to the Great Hall.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

From the mountains just west of Riverrun came a merchant of Goldentooth, carrying a request for trade. With such losses at the Stepstones, the West has fewer men to tend the fields, leading to less grain for all. It is hoped that more can be bought, with shipments of gold from the mines of House Lefford.

OOC- well pops is in his 40's (also dying but I haven't revealed that yet.) and Warrick the oldest is 17. So if she can stretch 32 then that would make her 15 at his birth. Not completely unusual for this kind of time period? idk your call my friend.

Indeed Lord Whent, that is not the only thing we need to speak about. It has been a tough few weeks. My father, he has set forth some things we must handle. My brothers await us inside the Great Hall, where we may speak in privacy. Warrick extended his arm and led the way to the Great Hall.
    ooc: Ok, that could work. She's your mom then.

"Worry not, the Father shall always look after us. Heaven's willing"

He smiled warmly.

"Lead the way, Ser"

Walter chuckled.
    Last edited by Oznerol; April 27, 2016 at 04:12 PM.

Upon entrance to the Great Hall the twin Tully's, Myles and Axel, greet them at the door. Then Warrick turned around, "There was so much turmoil and chaos at the Stepstones few know the true reason as to why we retreated." Warrick looked at Whent seriously. "Your brother was there, yet not here, where is he? The other Lords are arriving soon and this conversation must happen swiftly. The tides of war are approaching."

Upon entrance to the Great Hall the twin Tully's, Myles and Axel, greet them at the door. Then Warrick turned around, "There was so much turmoil and chaos at the Stepstones few know the true reason as to why we retreated." Warrick looked at Whent seriously. "Your brother was there, yet not here, where is he? The other Lords are arriving soon and this conversation must happen swiftly. The tides of war are approaching."
    "He was unfortunately wound at the knee, Ser Oswell's currently recovering at Harrenhall, Ser"

Said Whent wavering a hand to dismiss any suspicion towards his brother.

"However, I must say the pretender smashed the Westerlanders and cut down our men with ease! They found no-other way of surviving that day than retreating. The field was suposedly lost. He was personally one of the last leaving the field that day on our side, but he was bound by obedience to his superiors"

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    "He was unfortunately wound at the knee, Ser Oswell's currently recovering at Harrenhall, Ser"

Said Whent wavering a hand to dismiss any suspicion towards his brother.

"However, I must say the pretender smashed the Westerlanders and cut down our men with ease! They found no-other way of surviving that day than retreating. The field was suposedly lost. He was personally one of the last leaving the field that day on our side, but he was bound by obedience to his superiors"

"My father was never fully invested in the fight Lord Whent. He sent part of our forces in. Including your brother, my brother, and his. My uncle Brynden is still missing after the events that day. We withdrew before engaging most of our troops. We turned tail Lord Whent. The world believes Lord Hoster Tully was injured prompting the retreat, but that is false. He did, however, become very ill on the way back. Few know the truth of it, most of those few are our guys through and through. I did not know Ser Whent was injured, my apologies. Todays agenda is simple, decide the future of the Riverlands in this war. I will lean on House Whent though out this campaign. Family, Duty, Honor, Lord Whent."

Warrick spoke rapidly while Myles and Axel stood silently behind him. A knock came to the door and a guard came through announcing the steady stream of banners beginning to fall into Riverrun.

"Lord Whent, if you would sit to my right please."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    From the mountains just west of Riverrun came a merchant of Goldentooth, carrying a request for trade. With such losses at the Stepstones, the West has fewer men to tend the fields, leading to less grain for all. It is hoped that more can be bought, with shipments of gold from the mines of House Lefford.
    [OOC: Just wondering if you've seen this. If you have and don't want to trade, could I know please? Cheers!]

"My father was never fully invested in the fight Lord Whent. He sent part of our forces in. Including your brother, my brother, and his. My uncle Brynden is still missing after the events that day. We withdrew before engaging most of our troops. We turned tail Lord Whent. The world believes Lord Hoster Tully was injured prompting the retreat, but that is false. He did, however, become very ill on the way back. Few know the truth of it, most of those few are our guys through and through. I did not know Ser Whent was injured, my apologies. Todays agenda is simple, decide the future of the Riverlands in this war. I will lean on House Whent though out this campaign. Family, Duty, Honor, Lord Whent."

Warrick spoke rapidly while Myles and Axel stood silently behind him. A knock came to the door and a guard came through announcing the steady stream of banners beginning to fall into Riverrun.

"Lord Whent, if you would sit to my right please."
    Whent nodded as Warrick spoke, silently hearing the truth about the withdrawal.

"That's something my brother spoke, our army was indecesive and didn't wholeheartedly commit to the fray"

His fingers nervously play with a button on his embroidered doublet.

"Our honor shall be restored, for this realm's sake"

The fox-like Lord sits where ordered. His mind was heavy with thoughts, pondering the meaning of the whole situation and all the possibilities laid before them.

As the other Lords filed in, Warrick sat Lord Frey to his left and the others sat as they arrived. His brothers Myles and Axel stood behind him, Myles to the right and Axel to the left. His older sister Penny Tully helped the Lords be seated and took her exit.

"Lords. Ladies. The Riverlands finest sit before me today. Lords Whent, Frey, Braken, Blackwood. Lords Mallister, Mooton, Piper, Vance, Darry, Hawick, and everyone else." He spoke loudly but not out of control.
    "King Aerys Targaryen, Second of his name calls us to war. The Westerlands lost so very many of their young men to war already. They are honorable but many of their loved ones are held captive. I have also heard no solid news of the Reach, other than they may sit this fight out. So my question to you, Lords of my lands, will you stand with me in support of our King even with these uncertainties? We could fortify and hold. Some may caution this course of action. However our duty and honor pull us to fulfill our oaths to the Targaryen family. I have seen our lands torn between two choices and it was catastrophic. So I ask will you all stand with me in this? Reaffirm your oaths and men to me now and march with me to war?"

Warrick did not feel he had the bravado of other men. He knew since a young age he was not a man of fire, but he is a man of heart. He never really sounded too enthusiastic, but better that than show his hand he supposed.

A missive arrives from King's Landing

"Lord Tully,

We have reason to believe House Arryn has betrayed us and pledged allegiance to the usurper. Worse even still, we believe an Arryn host marches upon the capital. With all haste please speed a host to our salvation. We eagerly await your arrival.

Signed,
    Queen Shaera Targaryen, Lady Regent of the Realm"

Lord Frey, who had at this point remained mostly silent, spoke up. "Aye, why not. It's been too long since we've had a good fight anyway." Walder knew this may very well be his last chance to ride to war. "And my son Edwyn will ride with me as well. We can bring several thousand men south."

As the other Lords filed in, Warrick sat Lord Frey to his left and the others sat as they arrived. His brothers Myles and Axel stood behind him, Myles to the right and Axel to the left. His older sister Penny Tully helped the Lords be seated and took her exit.

"Lords. Ladies. The Riverlands finest sit before me today. Lords Whent, Frey, Braken, Blackwood. Lords Mallister, Mooton, Piper, Vance, Darry, Hawick, and everyone else." He spoke loudly but not out of control.
    "King Aerys Targaryen, Second of his name calls us to war. The Westerlands lost so very many of their young men to war already. They are honorable but many of their loved ones are held captive. I have also heard no solid news of the Reach, other than they may sit this fight out. So my question to you, Lords of my lands, will you stand with me in support of our King even with these uncertainties? We could fortify and hold. Some may caution this course of action. However our duty and honor pull us to fulfill our oaths to the Targaryen family. I have seen our lands torn between two choices and it was catastrophic. So I ask will you all stand with me in this? Reaffirm your oaths and men to me now and march with me to war?"

Warrick did not feel he had the bravado of other men. He knew since a young age he was not a man of fire, but he is a man of heart. He never really sounded too enthusiastic, but better that than show his hand he supposed.
    Lord Whent spoke nervously.

"We shouldn't leave our homes unprotected! If the Lions decide to fall upon us they'll ripe our throats! Burn our crops and kill our smallfolk!"

That would seriously affect their incomes. And every dime was worth it for Lord Whent... to later throw it at hunting parties or feasts. He raised with a hand over the heart.

"I advice caution... unless we all decide to march to war leaving something sizable behind. Our castles must not be left with petty garrisons. At least we should guard the passes. However, our honor must be... restored. The Riverlands must go to war, again!"

Fortunately, Oswell will be able ride in a couple days. Or so. I will have to march with Lord Tully, but... Oswell will do the dirty job. Yes. Of course. Oh Gods.

"So, to war. We must support our King in these dire times, with unwavering loyalty!"

Yay... Stupid... son of a...

Warrick seemed stunned by the narrative by Whent. He decided to gather all the troops at Riverrun and then divide his forces then. He makes the counsel aware and dismisses everyone to their homes until they can mobilize.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Banners in the hundreds can be seen off on the horizon from the ramparts of Riverrun. Another host of Valesmen? Some thought worried. But soon things became more clear, these weren't Valesmen - they were Northmen flying the gray direwolf of House Stark, alongside bears, and crabs, and mermen, and skinless humans from dozens of houses that the southern folk here didn't recognize. The Tullys had heard word of the great defeat the Stark had inflicted upon the Arryn host that attempted to block their march south, how the Valesmen had been scattered to the wind.

Riders come forth heralding the arrival of Lord Stark and his relief force. They wear bronze scale armor, and hold ancient blades of iron and steel at their sides.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast