Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RSIII pictures and postive comments....

Default Re: RSIII pictures and postive comments....

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    What you really don't want to deal with in melee: 360 Greek Generals Guard Cavalry...

(I shot most of them to death using 2 or 3 units of archers, from the walls.)

Whoa that's one epic engagement, a worth of short aar story making

Sent from my Smartfren Andromax AD688G using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    Whoa that's one epic engagement, a worth of short aar story making
    Seriously, I killed 340 out of 360 using Scythian Archers on the (AI's) wall.

And then the AI bugged out and the infantry on the walls never came down so I won by timer. About 1/3 of the AI army just stood on the walls doing nothing the whole fight.

Seriously, I killed 340 out of 360 using Scythian Archers on the (AI's) wall.

And then the AI bugged out and the infantry on the walls never came down so I won by timer. About 1/3 of the AI army just stood on the walls doing nothing the whole fight.
    AI bugged out,damn that's hurt men, for aar story sake, lets consider ai bug as divine intervention, the the result of prayer of defender of wall, who got answer by their gods lol , btw i love your Sparta Rise AAR, an epic saga of Leonidas descendant.

Sent from my Smartfren Andromax AD688G using Tapatalk
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Domesticus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The infamous blob. Seriously, i lost 90% of my phalanx units to this crap, and the AI had line theirs perfectly, even marching agaisnt me in a straight line. But nooooooooope, lets throw in some cav to make things even messier.

Ye yea i know the AI is silly with their lovely cav frontal charges into pikes.

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen i want to share video about legion of Rome, my purpose to share this video as a "little gift" for work hard from RSIII developer team (DKV901 and friends) and fellow RSIII mod player, i hope with this video, you guys got inspiration and spirit to continue developing and playing this awesome mod

Please enjoys,
    Johnadiw26

Official Promo 2016 by Legio I Italica!

https://youtu.be/gA7U4H0icbU

Disclaimer: i don't own video, and this video first time shared by @Diocle in The Tavern Part II thread / Invasio Barbarorum (IB)(BI) Sub-Forums
    Last edited by Johnadiw26; May 28, 2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: video error occurred, so i change it with video link

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    The infamous blob. Seriously, i lost 90% of my phalanx units to this crap, and the AI had line theirs perfectly, even marching agaisnt me in a straight line. But nooooooooope, lets throw in some cav to make things even messier.

Ye yea i know the AI is silly with their lovely cav frontal charges into pikes.
    The worst is when general's units (which are for all except Belgae, basically cataphract-like in defenses) just walk into your phalanx and scatter everyone. Yes, even double- and triple-stacked pikemen. Multistacking is just wasting 2, 3 units at once and won't help them much. Though pikemen with a bunch of Thorakitai mixed in works, but it feels really odd to use such a combo.

Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the right place!

I've had a few mods in mind for Rome Total War, and Roma Surrectum is one of them. However, I am a bit confused as to what to install and how.

Roma Surrectum 1, Roma Surrectum 2 or Roma Surrectum 3?

Thank you!

Rhodri the Great's Avatar Laetus

First you should install RS 2.5 and then 3.

congratulations for the continuation of the development of this excellent mod. In beta 2 , I remember that we could adjust the viewing distance of the vegetation. Now that PCs are far more powerful , do not hesitate to give this option we can put very far! : D I hope that one day you will come on Rome 2 to do the same work. I can not offer me as tester this time because my pc game burned last year and I will change that when AMD processors ZEN come out by year's end . Good luck to everyone
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Excellent actualization!

Amazing piece of work and one of the best mods ever for pc! Thank you!

How nice, Rome is beating up everyone in Iberia.

I just reached into Dacia's Treasury and now the Boii are stabbing into their rear.

Pontus is sort of in trouble as they lost their Treasury to me as well, and they're also being stabbed in the rear by others.

But for the Silvershield Empire, that one is always a trouble. Even with just the Seleucia treasury (I have their Antiochea one) that faction is still getting a ton of cash, and will keep on sending their silvershields after us

Domesticus

When doesn't Rome always beat everyone else?

When doesn't Rome always beat everyone else?
    When "everyone else" includes the player's faction.

Domesticus

When "everyone else" includes the player's faction.
    You know what i meant

Domesticus

Decided to give my Pontus campaign a bit of a rest, as i usually do when things grow too big or easy and give my barbarian mates a go.

Faction: Avernii
    Dificulty: Hard/Hard

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Its a little bit over 600 auc and im still boxed in Gaul. While im somewhat lucky that the Belgae haven't attacked me, im kept from moving southwards - be it Hispania or Italy - by a constant flow of armies.

On the left there's a constant stream of Carthaginian armies which can be easily auto-resolved and the occasional Gallaeci stack. On the right, well, the Roman scum who apparently breed armies like rabits. Excluding hyperbole, i can safely state that i've lost count of how many full roman armies i've wiped out, including late republican/imperial ones. Massalia is tossed around between myself and the roman dogs from time to time.

It came to a point where i grew tired, as my economy doesn't allow multiple stacks - only have 3 atm - so i decided to raid Italy down to Roma itself and destroyed all of their infrastructure. Initially i had given these territories to the Boii in order to hold off the stream of legions coming my way, but the romans eventually turned on those aswell and recovered their cities.

After a second raid of the eastern part of northern Italy, i took advantage of a Pontic diplomat that was around and offered Ariminium and Roma to Pontus while Bononia was given to the Rebels.

Also, what triggers the Roman eagle trait/event? I make sure to kill all of the roman heavy infantry when i fight the romans and i still don't see any of my generals with that trait, eagle taker or whatever it was called.

A great fight against tons of horse archers. Yay..

Look at all those horse archers bottled up in the fort!

It didn't do too much against the pikemen.

Roman scum who apparently breed armies like rabits
    Well if they hold settlements in Italy/Sicily and the islands west of there, they get lots of magic income.

Also, what triggers the Roman eagle trait/event? I make sure to kill all of the roman heavy infantry when i fight the romans and i still don't see any of my generals with that trait, eagle taker or whatever it was called.
    It should be a "command" unit, so usually the "inspires nearby units" type. Might require the AI to reform, which is troublesome...

What my strategic map looks like. The northern two settlements near Scythia/Sarmatia aren't really "hold" points. I only want to keep Tyras, actually it would be ideal to not border Sarmatia, but only Scythia if possible.

Fighting The Silvershield Empire is so annoying if you don't send at least two stacks (generals)
    Last edited by Alavaria; June 02, 2016 at 07:26 PM.

Nice screenshots guys!

Just got the chance to try out RS3, fantastic update ! The fight with Hannibal has never looked so gorgeous ! Plus great performance, I was able to up the settings for unit render a bit. Love the new main menu theme, as well. For now no bugs encountered, nor crashes. My opinion might be biased by the fact that I'm trying RS3 after not having been able to play it for about a year, but still, it's quite good.

Just look at that grass (a shame you can't see it wave with the wind) :
    Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carto invasio.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	337581 Ive been testing a few new things for my sub mod ... has anybody seen this before? ... a full blown naval invasion by carthage into northern italy.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast