Thread: Sorry to ask...

Default Sorry to ask...

I know the rage of the dark gods mod is releasing a huge content patch, with the elf lands, lustrias lizardmen, skaven, etc. but i forgot where the link to said articles and stuff is. Is there a release date or anything yet?

Default Re: Sorry to ask...

That's a submod, the one in my signature. The main Call of Warhammer/Rage of the Dark Gods mod isn't going to use most of it, although they will end up taking some they like and incorporating it after we've released the submod.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    That's a submod, the one in my signature. The main Call of Warhammer/Rage of the Dark Gods mod isn't going to use most of it, although they will end up taking some they like and incorporating it after we've released the submod.
    Ah thank you! Do you know if there will be a way to turn off scripted events or at least most of them? The video I watched of the guy showing off the campaign map ( so impressive by the way you guys are making me as hyped for this as the official game!!!) said that the dark elves and high elves might have to migrate to loren eventually.

While the scripts im sure are cool and good, will there be a pure "sandbox" only mode? Can I turn off those scripts so that if I want to conquer every territory as the dark elves or even the wood elves I can?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsmithGorehowl View Post
    Ah thank you! Do you know if there will be a way to turn off scripted events or at least most of them? The video I watched of the guy showing off the campaign map ( so impressive by the way you guys are making me as hyped for this as the official game!!!) said that the dark elves and high elves might have to migrate to loren eventually.

While the scripts im sure are cool and good, will there be a pure "sandbox" only mode? Can I turn off those scripts so that if I want to conquer every territory as the dark elves or even the wood elves I can?
    There will only be very light scripting, it's 90% sandbox. No forced migration to Athel Loren or merging of Elven factions are planned for the main release. It'll be very easy to completely remove all scripting, though.

Any further questions you have about the submod should go in that thread, since these features aren't in the main CoW 1.6 version, and I don't want any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    There will only be very light scripting, it's 90% sandbox. No forced migration to Athel Loren or merging of Elven factions are planned for the main release. It'll be very easy to completely remove all scripting, though.

Any further questions you have about the submod should go in that thread, since these features aren't in the main CoW 1.6 version, and I don't want any confusion.
    OK I will move there, I apologize for the headache!!! I really do! it's just that after chaos being a horde only race, region occupation, and sieges looking like utter crap, with the new news that theres hardly any big scripts ( or at least ones that force you to do stuff) I am right now more excited for your mod game than I am for Warhammer total war...

Thank you SO much for doing this.

It's called a submod because it's based on the work the Call of Warhammer team has done. We're adding a whole lot of new content, but not 100% new. It's still Call of Warhammer, just way bigger and with less scripting.