Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

I may have found the issue with the Roman scripts.....it appears that some, but not all cities sieged were getting the counter reset after the script had done it's thing. Next turn, the script would then fire again. That's not supposed to happen.
    So that will be changed soon.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    here it is...up to now its the only thing that dosent appear rigth for me....i ''visited'' many cities and i was close to cry lol.the new splash screens are also awsome.

***edit when i use the reduce lag strat map option from important stuff i get the same white trees but the shape change to round ball-like ones.the forest trees that you cant march througth work the same
    I'm stumped here. I put the same file that was in the RSIII patch in my RSIII install, and I don't get anything like what I see here. I even put it in another install where I'm using the same setup and files, and that was fine as well. I'll keep looking....

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

thank you,ive look into it myself but i couldnt fix it....im not very good in graphic things.for info i have no graphic card i run it on a intel gma 3100

Gosh... I played Rome II before because I got an uncontrollable desire for ramming everything with my ships and a combined coastal and land siege is pretty fun and beautiful actually. If it doesn't lagg with 3 FPS in a rare case... Honestly I was a bit sceptical after so many years of not playing RS. The old graphics, the badly designed diplomacy system, the reinforcements trouble... but honestly the depth and immersive campaign is truly unequalled ever. Roma Surrectum is truly a masterpiece.

I got Aemilius Paulus to defeat Hannibal, kill him in Italy. Then I landed in Hippo Regius and took the city after a heavy siege. I could defeat armies of Carthage there in the desert. But now the Free People have betrayed me. They quickly surroundered my best army stack and defeated my experienced units in battle. My cavalry fought battles before and was halved so they couldn't resist. And it seems it's Paulus fate to lead the best army of the Republic and be defeated in battle... this time by stinky nomads in the desert in North-Africa.

The people of Syracuse attack, Macedon is on the doorstep, the Gallaeci want Emporium, now I have a excuse for turning the sea into Mare Nostrum.

Anyway on-topic; I found an issue for you: Hippo Regius pathfinding problem:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I did some play test 0-turn Pergamon. I attack Nicomedia and simulate situation like with Genoa. But this time I was attacked in first turn and what I notice before script fired. I size settlememt without CTD but script spawn army after battle. Entering settlement this army where withdrawn two squares out of city. I check script and composition of this army is from script. Seems to be something wrong. I played before third time Genoa battle and I had CTD but my army enter settlement and script spawn army where pushed out like in Nicomedia. It's look like script check at end of AI faction move. Maybe should at begining.

And at Genoa script works every turn in loop filling up units after every loss.
    Last edited by Papirrus; May 07, 2016 at 03:47 AM.

Another few battles around Genoa. Script always spaw army after battle but now I can say that CTD happens only if siege is from east tile of settlement. Of course I didn't check all tiles. From other locations I've been siege no CTD when my army marching in Genoa.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    If you look in the important_stuff folder under aor maps, you'll see this file:

AOR_Legions2_map.JPG
    It shows how the map is divided up into various 'areas'. These are used for both economic and unit recruitment purposes. If a faction starts in a certain 'area' that is their 'area of influence'.
    Outside that area, economic bonuses drop off. This is why factions will tend to make a lot of money in their starting territories, but less and less as they expand.
    Thanks @dvk901! I knew that those areas were the backbone of the military recruitment, I didn't realize though that they also had the economical significance. Do the cultures play also any part in that regard?

I did more effort to find what cause CTD but I must give up. At least for a while. I fought more battles and CTD is from various directions around Genoa. No CTD I had when start new campaning and attack city right in 2nd turn. Like in test Pergamon 0-turn. I used different saves so this isn't with something what happend after siege for example in other AI factions move. Maybe is related with building, unit or traits of my generals or something? Tried different generals, army composition and same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Thanks @dvk901! I knew that those areas were the backbone of the military recruitment, I didn't realize though that they also had the economical significance. Do the cultures play also any part in that regard?
    No, the little culture buildings are not mentioned in the code for say taxbuilding or market bonuses.

I checked one thing more. Load save with fatal Genoa siege without activating script and fought battle like before. No CTD, settlement taken. So is script realated? Some trigger active/activated?

Yes, I've just read it now. It doesn't seem to me that your ctd's are down to the garrison script. The only thing that the garrison script does is to spawn the garrison units in the settlement upon siege and you don't actually get any ctd at the time of the script performing that action. You get ctd upon taking enemy's settlement and that's different story, not really script-related, I believe.
    But creat something what shouldn't be create. Maybe is not direct guilty. I did some game test to find what is happen and found that script spawn units at end of turn always. Even in 1st siege turn first attack then script trigger and spawned army is pushed out city. Garrison script should be activated at begining of AI faction move and no strange action then, I believe. I'm sure every battle with outside attacking army end with spawning units. I tried Pergamon campaning too. At campaning begining of Roman 1-turn and Pergamon 0-turn this not cause CTD - tested (wrote few post about my struggle ). I manage take Genoa without CTD in my problematic campaning with not activate script. I saved right befor battle. So seems to be some script related problem though.
    Last edited by Papirrus; May 07, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    No, the little culture buildings are not mentioned in the code for say taxbuilding or market bonuses.
    Cheers @Alavaria!

Quote Originally Posted by Papirrus View Post
    But creat something what shouldn't be create. Maybe is not direct guilty. I did some game test to find what is happen and found that script spawn units at end of turn always. Even in 1st siege turn first attack then script trigger and spawned army is pushed out city. Garrison script should be activated at begining of AI faction move and no strange action then, I believe. I'm sure every battle with outside attacking army end with spawning units. I tried Pergamon campaning too. At campaning begining of Roman 1-turn and Pergamon 0-turn this not cause CTD - tested (wrote few post about my struggle ). I manage take Genoa without CTD in my problematic campaning with not activate script. I saved right befor battle. So seems to be some script related problem though.
    Since you haven't had this problem with the script inactive then it must indeed be down to it. As dvk301 mentioned above, he found some issues with it, so let's hope that by correcting them he will fix the problem. Personally, I've never really had any problems with this garrison script, though I don't actually use the default script so often. You are playing with the default script, right?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Papirrus View Post
    I did more effort to find what cause CTD but I must give up. At least for a while. I fought more battles and CTD is from various directions around Genoa. No CTD I had when start new campaning and attack city right in 2nd turn. Like in test Pergamon 0-turn. I used different saves so this isn't with something what happend after siege for example in other AI factions move. Maybe is related with building, unit or traits of my generals or something? Tried different generals, army composition and same effect.
    Yes, your issue is a problem with the script....there are some lines in it that are causing it to 'loop' with every turn, and spawn more units. I'm aware of it, and I have fixed it. As soon as I get caught up with some of the other bugs, I'll release a small patch that will fix these problems. Seems to be specific to only the Roman campaigns.

You could also use the 'No_Garrisons' scripts that are under 'alternate_scripts' in the important stuff folder for a bit.
    Last edited by dvk901; May 07, 2016 at 07:53 PM.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Money bug

I have 60k and click next turn automatically withdraw 20k its bug

... Personally, I've never really had any problems with this garrison script, though I don't actually use the default script so often. You are playing with the default script, right?
    Your right default, no messing around. And seems to be problem with some another script. Strange garrisons script behave and CTD seems to be bound, for me.

Yes, your issue is a problem with the script....there are some lines in it that are causing it to 'loop' with every turn, and spawn more units. I'm aware of it, and I have fixed it. As soon as I get caught up with some of the other bugs, I'll release a small patch that will fix these problems. Seems to be specific to only the Roman campaigns.

You could also use the 'No_Garrisons' scripts that are under 'alternate_scripts' in the important stuff folder for a bit.
    I completely forgot about this additional stuff. Thanks dvk901! In fact I don't mind finish or continue my campaning, only try help Yours effort to fix and make perfect this beta for final release.

Background script changed on NO GARRISONS, CTD left. No CTD only with no active background script. So maybe this is something wrong with other scripts?
    I'm not sure, it's like shape in fog but when RS 2.6 out and I played related to Genoa siege CTD happend too. This bug can be old. But I'm not quite sure today, years passed, hardly to recall in memory.

And one suggestion. GARRISON SCRIPT should be activete at begining of AI faction or generaly AI move not like now later or end. Looks that generaly is working this way so spawn units in all campanings after battle if happend in 1st turn of siege. If AI lost horribly, outside city.
    Can it be done or this limitation/bug of RTW?

Quote Originally Posted by mefesis View Post
    Money bug

I have 60k and click next turn automatically withdraw 20k its bug
    The mod has some form of money control script in it, spend your cash or queue up buildings to "store" it.

I'm playing "Rome 0 turn" campaign and after I build praetorian barracks in Rome, I can only recruit praetorian infantry, not the cavalry. Why?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium90 View Post
    I'm playing "Rome 0 turn" campaign and after I build praetorian barracks in Rome, I can only recruit praetorian infantry, not the cavalry. Why?
    You've built the 'praetorian training' building, which allows the early praetorians to be recruited before the Marian Reforms. After the Marian Reforms you can build the 'Castra Praetoria', which allows recruiting the Praetorian Cavalry.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

By the way do we still have to click the "?" button or something when the advice pops up (I forgot exactly what we had to do) to turn on all the scripts? It's been a while since I've played and I forgot if we had to activate the scripts after loading a save or not
    Last edited by Shmanky; May 09, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

hello dvk , one turn campaigns : rodhes, sinope and nicomedia have 2 greek cultural buildings instead of one.
    Had i to make an educated guess, i would check all the greek city states pronvinces