Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

here it is...up to now its the only thing that dosent appear rigth for me....i ''visited'' many cities and i was close to cry lol.the new splash screens are also awsome.

***edit when i use the reduce lag strat map option from important stuff i get the same white trees but the shape change to round ball-like ones.the forest trees that you cant march througth work the same
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; May 02, 2016 at 02:35 PM.

No imperial reforms...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    So I prefer 1-turn, never ever thought of actually trying 0-turn. I prefer slowly building a empire and fighting decisive battles.
    I definitely share your opinion on this. I've spent hundreds, or perhaps even thousands, of hours playing RS II, or now RSIII, alone and never really given 0-turn campaign a shot. For me it is always 1-turn and the very thought of having to play countless battles in 0-turn campaign just scares me off.

It seems, however, that many RS-players prefer 0-turn challenges, and I've always had the impression that the creators of this mod have given them more attention, too.

Tiro

Slingers are kinda op yea. On the roman city level with the fortified town center, from the center greeks can shoot at people behind the outer walls. Thats literaly half way across town.

Anyone else just getting white unit portraits for Athens? By unit portrait I mean when you right click the unit, not unit cards

neep's Avatar Tiro

Minor Aesthetic effect -

Taurasia starts off with the hilltop fort model. The external wooden walls and gates are half buried so only the top half are visible.
    But they still get smashed down no problem and troops can get through into the soft, gooey center

That was also there with RSv2.5 so this is not a new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    Slingers are kinda op yea. On the roman city level with the fortified town center, from the center greeks can shoot at people behind the outer walls. Thats literaly half way across town.
    Yeah that is sort of rediculous, but at the same time their accuracy is really terrible, so unless your army is really tightly grouped up... and even then unless you're playing on enhanced battle difficulty, they don't do too much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmanky View Post
    Anyone else just getting white unit portraits for Athens? By unit portrait I mean when you right click the unit, not unit cards
    This one is just RTW's fault, it's a thing that happens to many mods, can't really be fixed The old RS2.6 had it too, as does well... many mods.

Tiro

Noticed the roman fortified town's center has some pathfinding problems: sometimes buildings obstrucate part of the fort side-road, and the front-back roads look unaligned with the gateways. So often troops pileup on the gateway, failing to move in or out quickly.

Edit: Marseilles can build 'via maris upgrade' but description mentions middle east.
    And the 'archimedes walls' for syracuse has dissappeared since 2.6?
    Last edited by jrhindo; May 03, 2016 at 12:26 PM.

Rome campaign. During the siege of Syracuse, street fighting will stop the game. Several times I tried, the same error message.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Aww, well the campaign seems doable, but probably not unless you're used to breaking the AI in half, I guess.
    (But I'm still playing on Hard Campaign and V.Hard Battles, so the AI has a fair shot back)
    Well, I've been massacring legions with bowling ball slingers for quite a while... but definitely the two very long-range slingers have a lot of advantages with their little rocks.
    Balerics look ok too, still very long range (320) while using the same bowling balls...
    I have this on my list of things to look into......but it's minor, so it will prob. be fixed when I re-release the main RSII Upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    i have question with BI.exe or Alex.exe is better? sry for the question but...
    I use BI almost exclusively.....but Alex does seem to be bit more 'snappy'. Both are fine, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by GROB View Post
    Hi dvk901, is it possible to zoom in closer to the ground on the RSIII campaign map? What I mean is, closer that what is available now.
    There is nowhere in RTW to adjust that...wish there was, because I would've liked to lower it more.

No worries, I have redone the UI for Romans - both campaign and battle UI:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post

In 1-turn campaign the large scale animal husbandry building does not yield any bonuses despite what is in its description.

Moreover, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to be able to find it in export_desc_buildings.txt file.

Is that a bug?
    I am not ever able to see your screen shot, bud. What is the actual in-game name of the building, and what culture is it for?

Quote Originally Posted by trident121 View Post
    Hello everyone!

First of a BIG thank you to dvk + team for a fantastic mod, been playing Roma Surrectum (2) for years now..

I have a high-end laptop and have been struggling to get RS 2.6 working. Finally fixed it a month ago and have been playing from Rome Gold Disc and not from Steam and it has worked excellent!.
    Since the update to RS3 yesterday, the same cannot be said.

I have:
    -Made a fresh install from CD
    - Testing vanilla Rome + Bi and it works fine.
    - Installed RS 2.5. Tested it and it works fine.
    - Installed RS3 and all looks ok from launcher to main game menu etc (loving the new screens)

- BUT when the campaign map launches up, i get severe screen tearing, objects are being dragged around on the screen (Banners above cities distorts around). When selecting a unit i cannot see the green zone symbolizing "march distance". Syracuse lies on the water. Tiles are being shifted around.
    The main game seem to work fine in the background. But regardless how I do, the game gets a CTD referring to Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.
    I have never had this crash before, and the 2.6 worked flawless just a few days prior.
    I have lowered and tweaked my NVIDIA settings, but to no avail.. I tried "delete map" on the launcher.
    Done the whole installation one more time, but with the same results..

Side note: I have NOT touched the vegetation tick-box in the launcher. I have fixed resolutions to match the desktops.
    There's no doubt in my mind that you have a corrupted installation of RTW. And yes, it can happen multiple times if you are installing from the same CD's. The issue here is that the CD's are either dirty or scratched....it takes very little interference from a scratch or dirt to mess up an install, and you often don't get any errors until you try and play the game....I had them myself. Make sure CD's as squeaky clean, and if they are scratched, replace them, because the errors will continue. The kinds of errors you are reporting suggest very strongly that your installs have a problem that is unrelated to RSIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    0 CTD's... This is utopia to me
    Don't have any anti-virus installed (I'm using a bootcamp partition, windows 7, and not connecting to internet), disabled auto-save as advice but I'm definitely going to check this 4GB business ! On the other hand, get rid of the Huge settings would be heartbreaking to me, this brings a LOT to the gameplay I think, it's epic and especially with Rome, I'm used to assemble two full stacks armies for one legion, that way I'm reaching the 5500-6000 men travelling and fighting together. Although, I guess 4 armies could do the trick...
    Rhaaa I'll see ! Thanks again for the tips !
    My only concern is that players find setting that work without CTDs and are decently playable. I'm very glad so many people have said that RSIII plays much better than 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    here it is...up to now its the only thing that dosent appear rigth for me....i ''visited'' many cities and i was close to cry lol.the new splash screens are also awsome.
    ***edit when i use the reduce lag strat map option from important stuff i get the same white trees but the shape change to round ball-like ones.the forest trees that you cant march througth work the same
    I'll check that file and see if I can find out what's causing that. (the reduced lag file, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    I definitely share your opinion on this. I've spent hundreds, or perhaps even thousands, of hours playing RS II, or now RSIII, alone and never really given 0-turn campaign a shot. For me it is always 1-turn and the very thought of having to play countless battles in 0-turn campaign just scares me off.
    It seems, however, that many RS-players prefer 0-turn challenges, and I've always had the impression that the creators of this mod have given them more attention, too.
    Although most of the team at first were adamant 0-turn players, as time went on many of us changed our views and we put a LOT of emphasis on 1-turn campaigns. Those campaigns were then tested extensively by 1-turn fans.
    Now, that said, I myself was never converted to the 'dark side', because I believe that most of the arguments made by 1-turners or 0-turners are just an expression of preference. It's just the 'scale' of campaigns that is changed, not the decisiveness. So we concentrated hard on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmanky View Post
    The 'UI cache'....an area of memory reserved by the game to store UI elements such as building and unit cards, is too small for the many mods that add a lot of units and buildings. To get rid of the white cards, just click on another city, look at a building or unit, and then back to the one you were looking at. The cards will be back. This is because the game has 'refreshed' its cache.

Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    Minor Aesthetic effect -

Taurasia starts off with the hilltop fort model. The external wooden walls and gates are half buried so only the top half are visible.
    But they still get smashed down no problem and troops can get through into the soft, gooey center
    That was also there with RSv2.5 so this is not a new feature.
    It's because the walls aren't sitting ON the settlement model itself. Tone placed those walls in 3DSMax, and I just can't move them. The RTW wall editor also just errors out and can't read them. So any area that is higher or lower than the settlement model itself will see the walls above the ground, or sunken into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    Noticed the roman fortified town's center has some pathfinding problems: sometimes buildings obstrucate part of the fort side-road, and the front-back roads look unaligned with the gateways. So often troops pileup on the gateway, failing to move in or out quickly.
    Edit: Marseilles can build 'via maris upgrade' but description mentions middle east.
    And the 'archimedes walls' for syracuse has dissappeared since 2.6?
    Believe it or not, I actually corrected some even worse pathfinding issues in that settlement model, so I guess it's as good as it can get.
    There is no 'Marseilles' in RSIII, so I'm not sure what you mean or what city you mean.
    All walls above 'stone walls' were removed.....they were too high for the settlements and looked bad, and they are buggy for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio63 View Post
    Rome campaign. During the siege of Syracuse, street fighting will stop the game. Several times I tried, the same error message.
    I really need to know what the error message was?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post

There is no 'Marseilles' in RSIII, so I'm not sure what you mean or what city you mean.
    That would be Massalia, Marseilles is the modern French name of the city.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

It is not the usual countdown during the battle of Syracuse fountain main square in the upper right corner. The game is stopped. The error message into Windows is looking for a solution.

I have CTD in 1-turn Rome campaning.

Probably bug in GARRISON SCRIPT.

I besiege Genoa and garrison script start work when AI had move. In second turn of besiege, in AI move incoming Carthaginians army attack mine. Both army I manage to annihilate so capturing process start. I choose first option OCCUPY SETTLEMENT and shortly after I got CTD. What I notice, after choosing option normaly empty city is changing to occupied with full banner and then CTD happen. Checked it twice. I suppouse is independent of choosen option.

By the way. It's marvelous mod now even more. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    0 CTD's... This is utopia to me
    Don't have any anti-virus installed (I'm using a bootcamp partition, windows 7, and not connecting to internet), disabled auto-save as advice but I'm definitely going to check this 4GB business ! On the other hand, get rid of the Huge settings would be heartbreaking to me, this brings a LOT to the gameplay I think, it's epic and especially with Rome, I'm used to assemble two full stacks armies for one legion, that way I'm reaching the 5500-6000 men travelling and fighting together. Although, I guess 4 armies could do the trick...
    Rhaaa I'll see ! Thanks again for the tips !
    +1 for the non-CTDs...

And I understand the 'modern' expectations of 1 sprite = 1 man; but it should be remembered that a full stack of 20 units is actually supposed to represent either: a Consular Army of the Middle Republic with 2 Roman and 2 Allied legions; or, a Late Republic army of 4 'Generic' Legions; or, an Early Imperial army of 2 legions & Auxiliaries. And for those you have to scale....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    +1 for the non-CTDs...

And I understand the 'modern' expectations of 1 sprite = 1 man; but it should be remembered that a full stack of 20 units is actually supposed to represent either: a Consular Army of the Middle Republic with 2 Roman and 2 Allied legions; or, a Late Republic army of 4 'Generic' Legions; or, an Early Imperial army of 2 legions & Auxiliaries. And for those you have to scale....
    I checked out this 4 GB memory aware and... this is stunning, I've been able to play 10 or 12 battles without any problems, I had to stop at some point so I didn't pushed it to the limit but this is definitely refreshing ! (I've got 8 GB RAM but I did read somewhere that the game can't use further than 4 GB right ?)

I don't really understand the scale, why are these particular standards ? To match with what the game provides ?

I am not ever able to see your screen shot, bud. What is the actual in-game name of the building, and what culture is it for?
    It seems like the dropbox is not the best image hosting solution. The picture disappears as soon as I log out of my dropbox account. I hadn't actually realized that until you pointed it out.

Well, the building name is like the one I mentioned in the previous post, 'Large Scale Animal Husbandry'. It is 1-turn campaign, Arveni faction, Barbarian culture.

I've checked in a few different settlements and the effect is the same. No bonus neither to tax income, nor population growth despite what reads its description.

Although most of the team at first were adamant 0-turn players, as time went on many of us changed our views and we put a LOT of emphasis on 1-turn campaigns. Those campaigns were then tested extensively by 1-turn fans.
    Now, that said, I myself was never converted to the 'dark side', because I believe that most of the arguments made by 1-turners or 0-turners are just an expression of preference. It's just the 'scale' of campaigns that is changed, not the decisiveness. So we concentrated hard on both.
    Well, as I've mentioned in my previous post, I've spent something like thousands of hours playing different 1-turn campaigns and frankly I've enjoyed an every single minute of it. The work you've done on it is just simply outstanding, there's no denying to that!

I'm not quite familiar with the argument between the 1-turners and the 0-turners, though I suppose that the historical accuracy must be a strong argument in favour of the former.

Btw, do you actually have plans to convert those swap factions, or perhaps only some of them, that are available exclusively in the 0-turn campaigns into 1-turn?

About GARRISON SCRIPT again. This is the same siege as in post 113. I tried autoresolve battle. I won, there were some casaulties but script refiled garrison again. Looks like script check garrison every turn. Should check only onece? Or this is intended? Another thing. Is possible to activate script once right after siege start, not in AI turn? This should solve problem and block some quick and easy settlement conquer.

And small request. ALX is considered as best AI. But what I noticed is lack of AI naval invasions. ALX is created for land gameplay. I played a lot in the past with ALX and almost no AI naval invasions happend to me or were very weak. Is possible to create script to do some naval invasions randomly when player is at war with faction having ports? This should change gameplay. In BI and RTW too. Now sea nations are quite safe and no need for maintain some decent army. This lower costs and make game more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Papirrus View Post
    About GARRISON SCRIPT again. This is the same siege as in post 113. I tried autoresolve battle. I won, there were some casaulties but script refiled garrison again. Looks like script check garrison every turn. Should check only onece? Or this is intended? Another thing. Is possible to activate script once right after siege start, not in AI turn? This should solve problem and block some quick and easy settlement conquer.
    The garrison script is designed as a loop, it will therefore keep on spawning enemy units every single turn as long as the siege is maintained. To trigger that event one must, however, press the 'end turn' button as this is the only chance for the script to check whether the event is true, or false. It is thus not possible to have the garrison units spawned in the same turn that you lay the siege. That's basically the whole idea behind having this script. First you need to lay the siege, then wait at least one turn and then attack.

There is still way too much money for 1-turn Rome. I have 50,000 denarii now. Are you sure income is reduced by 25% and not increased with 50%? =p

I suggest to double costs of armies and multiply costs of ships (biremes especially) by 10.
    Or maybe it's because I do not build expensive stuff yet.

There is still way too much money for 1-turn Rome. I have 50,000 denarii now. Are you sure income is reduced by 25% and not increased with 50%? =p

I suggest to double costs of armies and multiply costs of ships (biremes especially) by 10.
    Or maybe it's because I do not build expensive stuff yet.
    Probably not, as you don't need to build expensive stuff. Cheap buildings do well enough, spend it all on useful troops and you'll probably clear the whole map pretty fast.

Though as far as useful, in RS2 at least I never found those cohorts to be costeffective, but that's just me.