Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Tiro

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Got CTD after bribing averni stack, ai iberians keeps sieging the averni capital and trigger the garrison script.

Edit: Consistent CTD everytime.
    Last edited by jrhindo; May 01, 2016 at 11:53 AM.

some trees on the strat map are white...i tried the alternative vegetation for the strat map but it stay white,im sure there is some sort of fix to that in options and setting of RSIII but i simply cannot remember how to do it.Thanks for your help

Athenian tax collecting building chain is bugged. The buildings do not provide tax income bonus, they have only happiness penalty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Athenian tax collecting building chain is bugged. The buildings do not provide tax income bonus, they have only happiness penalty.
    The tax bonuses only occur in Area6, not elsewhere.

Which is an interesting choice, as Area6 is Italy (and some islands near it).
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 01, 2016 at 12:08 PM.

Quickly checked Sparta and Pontus 0 turn campaigns and both of them have tax bonuses in home regions that's why I think it is a bug.

Yeah that one is probably a bug, if anything it would be in Area9 (Greece, as you'd expect).

I'm somewhat amused by the fact that 2 slingers (Scythohellenic and Greek) have a projectile called (bullet_360) with a range of 360. This contracts with Cretan archers (220) and greek archers (190). The elite Rhodian Slingers only have 100 range.
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 01, 2016 at 01:32 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Small bug: Athenian reinforcing armies when led by AI have wrong flags.

BTW Athens does not have any treasury aid. Is it bug?
    I must've had my head up my #@$ when I made this Atenian campaign. LOL Anyway, I fixed the flag issue and the treasury issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Damn, you know your baby... ! I have been able to play 6 battles in a row, only had CTD when 7th was loading ! Plus, I notice a slight-to-massive improvement with battlefield's fluidity.
    Considering the issues you've been pointing to me (descr_climates + descr_geography : thanks a lot !), I'm guessing my machine is struggling with all the improvements you guys have made with the battlefield environment so I was wandering if there is anything more that I could modify to improve performances and reduce frequences of CTD's without losing the totality of your great work ?
    As you say, some machines may struggle with RSIII's newer environment. I'm going to put the RS26 geography database file in important stuff folder as an alternate choice for anyone who has issues. I've also overwritten all of the vegetation files in the important stuff foler with the RSIII files, so it won't matter what you copy, they'll all be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    Just my two cents:

* I took a look at the RSIII diectory and saw some weird folders.

Play_xxx folders in:
    ...\Rome - Total War\Play_Carthage\

and

"ROMAN" folder in:
    \...Rome - Total War\Play_Rome_One_Turn\data\UI

* Also I saw that you didn't apply some of the UI elements in my submod. For example the scrolls have still the old look. I really think I have a better texture for the scrolls. I can change/edit the textures to your liking if you want. The main menu background is much better than my one though! Well done.
    I didn't apply the main menu UI elements for the battle and strat UI because both of them are 'broken', I guess you'd say. There is an odd looking 'half-a-rectangle' encompassing the right side of the Strat UI file, and the top of the battle menu UI doesn't line up or is missing something. I meant to mention it to you, but I forgot. Take a look at them in game and I think you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Actually, this is really weird, after the sixth battles breakthrough I've returned to a "cruising speed" of four before CTD. Also I got some (already had) of them during AI's turns, and this could happen after 2 or 4 battles, randomly. I can't complain because I'm back to what I was used to with 2.6 but the game is surely more "unpredictable" (I'm saving like hell ^^).
    I saw a 'low res vegetation' file, is this the one from 2.6 ? I'm guessing that copy-paste that one could help too (also could annihilate the new environment ?). Haven't tried yet.

P.S : From the previous post of mine : wondering*
    I apologize for all my language mistakes past, present and future!
    I have been playing with both the new vegetation and the new geography files in another variation of RS1.7 (which I transferred them into), and I have had '0' CTD's.....and my campaign is over a hundred years and 138 saves. So I'm hesitant to blame them for CTD's simply because I tested the crap out of them before I dared put them in RSIII. I hate CTD's! So be sure to check that anti-virus is off, or ignoring RSIII folder, use a 4gb aware exe, and don't use any of the vegetation variants in the important stuff folder....they are all old. Play with unit shaders on, and I would use 'Large' settings for RSIII, not Huge. Huge settings cause issues in settlements...always did. You can also set units to 'Medium' if you want, that just determines when the sprites kick in...and RS2's sprites are so good that you'll hardly notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    some trees on the strat map are white...i tried the alternative vegetation for the strat map but it stay white,im sure there is some sort of fix to that in options and setting of RSIII but i simply cannot remember how to do it.Thanks for your help
    Please post a screenshot with graphical issues.

Fixed...building was missing from Athens in descr_strat.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    The tax bonuses only occur in Area6, not elsewhere.

Which is an interesting choice, as Area6 is Italy (and some islands near it).
    Fixed that also....another dumb oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    Yeah that one is probably a bug, if anything it would be in Area9 (Greece, as you'd expect).

I'm somewhat amused by the fact that 2 slingers (Scythohellenic and Greek) have a projectile called (bullet_360) with a range of 360. This contracts with Cretan archers (220) and greek archers (190). The elite Rhodian Slingers only have 100 range.
    Rhodians are using bowling balls, however....much more damage. :

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I must've had my head up my #@$ when I made this Atenian campaign. LOL Anyway, I fixed the flag issue and the treasury issue.
    Aww, well the campaign seems doable, but probably not unless you're used to breaking the AI in half, I guess.

(But I'm still playing on Hard Campaign and V.Hard Battles, so the AI has a fair shot back)

Rhodians are using bowling balls, however....much more damage. :
    Well, I've been massacring legions with bowling ball slingers for quite a while... but definitely the two very long-range slingers have a lot of advantages with their little rocks.

Balerics look ok too, still very long range (320) while using the same bowling balls...
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 01, 2016 at 05:19 PM.

Civis

i have question with BI.exe or Alex.exe is better? sry for the question but...

GROB's Avatar Civis

Hi dvk901, is it possible to zoom in closer to the ground on the RSIII campaign map? What I mean is, closer that what is available now.
    Last edited by GROB; May 01, 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Vilica, in terms of AI performance, alex is alwais the best

I didn't apply the main menu UI elements for the battle and strat UI because both of them are 'broken', I guess you'd say. There is an odd looking 'half-a-rectangle' encompassing the right side of the Strat UI file, and the top of the battle menu UI doesn't line up or is missing something. I meant to mention it to you, but I forgot. Take a look at them in game and I think you'll see what I mean.
    No worries, I have redone the UI for Romans - both campaign and battle UI:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No worries, I have redone the UI for Romans - both campaign and battle UI:

Vilica, LoGal is right. Alex is generally considered the best. Do you also want some advice about 0-turn or 1-turn?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

In 1-turn campaign the large scale animal husbandry building does not yield any bonuses despite what is in its description.

Moreover, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to be able to find it in export_desc_buildings.txt file.

Is that a bug?

Civis

oke tnx

Civis

Quintillius
    give me info only for 1-turn.

Hello everyone!

First of a BIG thank you to dvk + team for a fantastic mod, been playing Roma Surrectum (2) for years now..

I have a high-end laptop and have been struggling to get RS 2.6 working. Finally fixed it a month ago and have been playing from Rome Gold Disc and not from Steam and it has worked excellent!.

Since the update to RS3 yesterday, the same cannot be said.

I have:
    -Made a fresh install from CD
    - Testing vanilla Rome + Bi and it works fine.
    - Installed RS 2.5. Tested it and it works fine.
    - Installed RS3 and all looks ok from launcher to main game menu etc (loving the new screens)

- BUT when the campaign map launches up, i get severe screen tearing, objects are being dragged around on the screen (Banners above cities distorts around). When selecting a unit i cannot see the green zone symbolizing "march distance". Syracuse lies on the water. Tiles are being shifted around.

The main game seem to work fine in the background. But regardless how I do, the game gets a CTD referring to Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.

I have never had this crash before, and the 2.6 worked flawless just a few days prior.

I have lowered and tweaked my NVIDIA settings, but to no avail.. I tried "delete map" on the launcher.

Done the whole installation one more time, but with the same results..

Side note: I have NOT touched the vegetation tick-box in the launcher. I have fixed resolutions to match the desktops.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?141920-ur-Lord-Tedric"
    ur-Lord Tedric[/URL]]- 0turn is all about Tactics. If you like fighting battles with the troops on the field, and lots of them, linked together by a minimally strategic campaign to give some context - then that's the choice for you

- 1turn is Strategically lead. If you are more of an Empire Builder and like the detailed management of logistic requirements, where the battles are an equal part of the game, but more meaningful individually and the AI develops their settlements and units more - then 1turn is your friend
    So I prefer 1-turn, never ever thought of actually trying 0-turn. I prefer slowly building a empire and fighting decisive battles.

Hilariously my memories of playing 1-turn were indeed decisive battles, as in after one or two battles a faction was just totally lost, and you basically just rolled through settlements*** with a general and a couple of units in them until they were dead.

Spammed the map full of theurophoroi, that's probably the only time I was able to super massively outnumber the romans and stab them all to death with spears. (Also took forever, just shoot them in the back with slingers, really)

***Of course 0-turn has a lot of rolling through settlements (and your own forts) with stacks in them, until the faction is dead, so it isn't that much of a change)
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 02, 2016 at 12:16 PM.

As you say, some machines may struggle with RSIII's newer environment. I'm going to put the RS26 geography database file in important stuff folder as an alternate choice for anyone who has issues. I've also overwritten all of the vegetation files in the important stuff foler with the RSIII files, so it won't matter what you copy, they'll all be the same.

I have been playing with both the new vegetation and the new geography files in another variation of RS1.7 (which I transferred them into), and I have had '0' CTD's.....and my campaign is over a hundred years and 138 saves. So I'm hesitant to blame them for CTD's simply because I tested the crap out of them before I dared put them in RSIII. I hate CTD's! So be sure to check that anti-virus is off, or ignoring RSIII folder, use a 4gb aware exe, and don't use any of the vegetation variants in the important stuff folder....they are all old. Play with unit shaders on, and I would use 'Large' settings for RSIII, not Huge. Huge settings cause issues in settlements...always did. You can also set units to 'Medium' if you want, that just determines when the sprites kick in...and RS2's sprites are so good that you'll hardly notice the difference.
    0 CTD's... This is utopia to me
    Don't have any anti-virus installed (I'm using a bootcamp partition, windows 7, and not connecting to internet), disabled auto-save as advice but I'm definitely going to check this 4GB business ! On the other hand, get rid of the Huge settings would be heartbreaking to me, this brings a LOT to the gameplay I think, it's epic and especially with Rome, I'm used to assemble two full stacks armies for one legion, that way I'm reaching the 5500-6000 men travelling and fighting together. Although, I guess 4 armies could do the trick...
    Rhaaa I'll see ! Thanks again for the tips !