Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

neep's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    Hello, can i install 2.5 version without 2.0 and 2.1? i mean install Rome Total War to v1.5+1.6+alex+RS2.5+RSIII ? or need and RS2.0+2.1? tnx!
    Just do that - install Rome Total War to v1.5+1.6+alex+RS2.5+RSIII - you'll be good to go.
    (Also note there are a couple of lines in the original release comments about properly setting up for Alex)
    Doesn't take long, and even I could do it without messing up

Then, go over to the Positive Comments thread and pour your heart out about how awesome it is

Having issues with CTD when entering battle, have tried setting strat & battle map resolution to that of Win 10, but no joy. Any other solutions?
    Sic Itur Ad Astra

Civis

Hi, neep tnx so much, at the moment i play RSIII and the mod are so beauty ^^

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    CTD after winning defensive battle in Empuria (rome territory in spain at start). The city battle map model changed since 2.6, it was a barbarian hillfort, dunno if related.
    I've already had a siege battle in the city of Emporiae. It wan the offensive one, not the defensive like yours, yet since everything was working smooth I don't think your problem is map model-related.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Download and install all went smoothly, clean rtw/bi/alx, loaded no problem, sorted all preferences & video option etc started game crashed loading field battle & siege battle , tried several times, uninstalled/reinstalled went through same procedure crashed at the same point. I also tried to view inside some city's through the settlements scroll and it crashed there too. Anyone got a solution please.

* I forgot to add I have Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambellon View Post
    Download and install all went smoothly, clean rtw/bi/alx, loaded no problem, sorted all preferences & video option etc started game crashed loading field battle & siege battle , tried several times, uninstalled/reinstalled went through same procedure crashed at the same point. I also tried to view inside some city's through the settlements scroll and it crashed there too. Anyone got a solution please.
    reinstall RS3 and don‘t touch the vegetation quality setting, once you click that button, you'll have to reinstall...

Personnally, I have much more CTD than I used to experiment with 2.6. I used to be able to play 5 or 6 battles before exit the game (being precautious, I cleared the memory after 4th battle). Even after 2 clean installations, now I have to exit and re-start after 2 battles otherwise I will systematically crash when the third one is loading. Sometimes, I have a "back to windows" issue in the middle of a battle or even when I do nothing on the campaign map, and when I come back to the game, same deal : crash, which was avoided with 2.6.
    Also, I had to resolve automatically a siege battle at Pantikapaion : wanted to play this one on the field, but the loading screen just freezed when I tried, twice. Not CTD per say, I had to reset the computer.

Only copy-paste the descr_climates script to reduce lag. Playing one-turn, Armenia campaign, with all settings on low except for vegetation on high (obviously ).

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by gluda3 View Post
    hi
    can you add more scorpions and balistas to the units , and make it more powerful becouse the to destroy the gate was a long time , and can you change back the roman and the other forts buildings back to the real camps ,becouse it is not so effective and beautiful with the stone buildings
    Well, actually...no. Scorpions and Ballistas aren't supposed to destroy gates anyway. The Roman fort design is based largely on a more permanent fort, and archeological recreations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    Hello, can i instal 2.5 version without 2.0 and 2.1? i mean instal Rome Total War to v1.5+1.6+alex+RS2.5+RSIII ? or need and RS2.0+2.1? tnx!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxkf View Post
    reinstall RS3 and don‘t touch the vegetation quality setting, once you click that button, you'll have to reinstall...
    Since Peadric is nowhere to be found, we have no one to change the Launcher.....I've been learning how, and did change a couple small things, but I didn't dare (yet) to start removing things from it.
    Changing vegetation quality is one of those things.....DO NOT USE IT.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Personnally, I have much more CTD than I used to experiment with 2.6. I used to be able to play 5 or 6 battles before exit the game (being precautious, I cleared the memory after 4th battle). Even after 2 clean installations, now I have to exit and re-start after 2 battles otherwise I will systematically crash when the third one is loading. Sometimes, I have a "back to windows" issue in the middle of a battle or even when I do nothing on the campaign map, and when I come back to the game, same deal : crash, which was avoided with 2.6.
    Also, I had to resolve automatically a siege battle at Pantikapaion : wanted to play this one on the field, but the loading screen just freezed when I tried, twice. Not CTD per say, I had to reset the computer.

Only copy-paste the descr_climates script to reduce lag. Playing one-turn, Armenia campaign, with all settings on low except for vegetation on high (obviously ).
    I'm really quite stumped as to why that would be. The two major changes in RSIII were in the battlefield environment and the settlements, all of which I have transferred to several other non-RSIII installs that I play often and work flawlessly. Otherwise, RSIII is just a 'tweaked' RS2.6.

Considering the 'remote possibility' that it could be the new geography file, you could try this:

In the data folder you will find two files, one named 'descr_geography.db', and the other one named 'descr_geography_RS26.db'.
    Rename the first one 'descr_geography_RSIII.db'.
    Then rename the second one 'descr_geography.db'.

See if this makes any difference in the play-ability. It's just a long shot, I guess, because as I said, I amd playing with these new settings and haven't had a single CTD with them. But it's worth a try.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Legend. Just the fix!

As well as all the other good gen from the modders! Now to optimise as lagtastic, but at least battles are opening.!
    Sic Itur Ad Astra

Patrician

BTW, if you accidentally choose to change the vegetation quality and then get battlefield crashes, just reinstall the RSIII upgrade patch. You don't have to reinstall everything.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Small bug: Athenian reinforcing armies when led by AI have wrong flags.

BTW Athens does not have any treasury aid. Is it bug?
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; May 01, 2016 at 04:56 AM.

Tiro

Got a CTD while doing an auto resolve battle in carthage, as rome one turn.

Top banana it worked. Thank you I also installed a large address aware, I now have all high settings and set my unit size between large and huge...no lag woop woop

Thank you maxkf, I somehow managed NOT to attach my reply to your post, my bad. It's further down the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I'm really quite stumped as to why that would be. The two major changes in RSIII were in the battlefield environment and the settlements, all of which I have transferred to several other non-RSIII installs that I play often and work flawlessly. Otherwise, RSIII is just a 'tweaked' RS2.6.

Considering the 'remote possibility' that it could be the new geography file, you could try this:

In the data folder you will find two files, one named 'descr_geography.db', and the other one named 'descr_geography_RS26.db'.
    Rename the first one 'descr_geography_RSIII.db'.
    Then rename the second one 'descr_geography.db'.

See if this makes any difference in the play-ability. It's just a long shot, I guess, because as I said, I amd playing with these new settings and haven't had a single CTD with them. But it's worth a try.
    Damn, you know your baby... ! I have been able to play 6 battles in a row, only had CTD when 7th was loading ! Plus, I notice a slight-to-massive improvement with battlefield's fluidity.
    Considering the issues you've been pointing to me (descr_climates + descr_geography : thanks a lot !), I'm guessing my machine is struggling with all the improvements you guys have made with the battlefield environment so I was wandering if there is anything more that I could modify to improve performances and reduce frequences of CTD's without losing the totality of your great work ?

Just my two cents:

* I took a look at the RSIII diectory and saw some weird folders.

Play_xxx folders in:
    ...\Rome - Total War\Play_Carthage\

and

"ROMAN" folder in:
    \...Rome - Total War\Play_Rome_One_Turn\data\UI

* Also I saw that you didn't apply some of the UI elements in my submod. For example the scrolls have still the old look. I really think I have a better texture for the scrolls. I can change/edit the textures to your liking if you want. The main menu background is much better than my one though! Well done.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Since Peadric is nowhere to be found, we have no one to change the Launcher.....I've been learning how, and did change a couple small things, but I didn't dare (yet) to start removing things from it.
    Changing vegetation quality is one of those things.....DO NOT USE IT.
    Ohhh... I didn't know that! Normally I would use the 'edit RS III preferences" button to change anything in the game, yet I think I might have accidentally pressed at some point the vegetation button, as well.

Similarly to what @Zarathoustra posted before, I do also notice that CTD's occur more frequently in RS III than they did in RS II, so I think that might be the reason.

I will also try the geography files solution that you proposed.

Actually, this is really weird, after the sixth battles breakthrough I've returned to a "cruising speed" of four before CTD. Also I got some (already had) of them during AI's turns, and this could happen after 2 or 4 battles, randomly. I can't complain because I'm back to what I was used to with 2.6 but the game is surely more "unpredictable" (I'm saving like hell ^^).
    I saw a 'low res vegetation' file, is this the one from 2.6 ? I'm guessing that copy-paste that one could help too (also could annihilate the new environment ?). Haven't tried yet.

P.S : From the previous post of mine : wondering*
    I apologize for all my language mistakes past, present and future!