Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Do play a bit with the graphics options for the Campaign level (which is, further, a wholly separate program module to the Battle level) - you may gain some improvement.
    You mean this from main menu? Cause it's change nothing, maybe there are some options hidden in files, but I don't know them.

Having a problem with the cursor in both the campaign and battle screens. When I move the mouse, the cursor (hand pointer) hesitates before moving, rendering the mod unplayable. No problem in the other screens, however. Also, works fine in vanilla RTW, Alex, and BI. Using Steam version with Windows 7.

Thanks

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

sorry if this is mentioned before, after so many hours playing the III version i think that the main problem is the walls of the central square in the new cities. pathfinding, formations, cohesion, everything become a mess once you aproach the center of the cities. are you conciderring to "loose" the walls surround the central squares? and the global lighting seemed to be to yellowish. the last i can inverted but the walls is out of my moding powers. everything else is perfect.

I tried playing the mod but for me the lag with lowest settings is so bad i cant evens scroll around the campaign map, battles the same.I have an intel i7 6700m, 8DDR4 RAM, gtx 960 4GB, 250SSD, 1TB 7200 HDD with windows 10 PRO.I dont think my system cant handle a rome 1 mod, hell i can play any other tw game at max setting, can someone help in any way.I tried putting everything in prefferences to low and then max still same effect.Im running on Alexander steam edition.Also I saw another post with the file Reduced_Lag copied in the data folder but that doesnt work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Consul Livius View Post
    I tried playing the mod but for me the lag with lowest settings is so bad i cant evens scroll around the campaign map, battles the same.I have an intel i7 6700m, 8DDR4 RAM, gtx 960 4GB, 250SSD, 1TB 7200 HDD with windows 10 PRO.I dont think my system cant handle a rome 1 mod, hell i can play any other tw game at max setting, can someone help in any way.I tried putting everything in prefferences to low and then max still same effect.Im running on Alexander steam edition.Also I saw another post with the file Reduced_Lag copied in the data folder but that doesnt work either.
    Try this out mate: link
    The file is d3d8.dll (located in the description) and it basically makes the game run in direct x8. I've tried it myself and got an increase in performance on the battle and campaign map, and the comments are positive for the most part. Comes with a few quirks though, don't alt tab out of the game (lest you want grass turning into white boxes) and fire effects are gone. Though imo it's worth it making Rome 1 not chug at sub 20 fps for some small graphical sacrifices.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    sorry if this is mentioned before, after so many hours playing the III version i think that the main problem is the walls of the central square in the new cities. pathfinding, formations, cohesion, everything become a mess once you aproach the center of the cities. are you conciderring to "loose" the walls surround the central squares? and the global lighting seemed to be to yellowish. the last i can inverted but the walls is out of my moding powers. everything else is perfect.
    I have been playing a very long campaign in RS myself to sort of search out issues with cities, and I have been correcting them as I go along. Both Syracuse and Sparta were quite a problem....why I don't know, but I ended up replacing the central square with the long 'pillared' buildings that other Greek cities have, and eliminating the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Consul Livius View Post
    I have noticed that RS3 has a considerable lag problem 'only' if you have a reinforcing army with any type of equipment in it (scorpions, ballistas, lithbolis). There seems to be an issue with these units trying to find a path to the battle if you allow the AI to 'play' the reinforcing army. I'm stumped as to how to fix this issue, so the only thing that works is either have NO equipment in reinforcing armies, or don't let the AI play the reinforcing army. Then, there is no lag at all. As for other lag issues, I have an i5 intel laptop with 6gb ram on Windows7 and it runs RS3 without issues on Large unit settings and all other settings maxed (no anti-aliasing). I also have an AMD Phenom II 965 processor desktop, running at 3.40ghz with 8gb of ram and a 64bit Windows7 OS that runs RS3 even faster. The only lag is as I mentioned above with reinforcing armies.

One thing you do want to check is that your anti-virus program is leaving RTW alone. More modern (Shogan and newer, I think) identify themselves as 'games' to the AV programs so that they don't constantly scan them. Also, DO NOT install any RTW game in a 'Program Files' folder of any kind. These are protected folders, and Windows will interfere with how RTW works.
    If you left your Alexander install in a 'Programs Folder' (where Steam is) move it elsewhere.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post

I have noticed that RS3 has a considerable lag problem 'only' if you have a reinforcing army with any type of equipment in it (scorpions, ballistas, lithbolis). There seems to be an issue with these units trying to find a path to the battle if you allow the AI to 'play' the reinforcing army. I'm stumped as to how to fix this issue, so the only thing that works is either have NO equipment in reinforcing armies, or don't let the AI play the reinforcing army. Then, there is no lag at all.
    If the enemy has a supporting army with equipment the same happens, even worse if there is some dense forest nearby too.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

How is the progress going? I understand, that you have your own problems, and I will quietly wait, but will RS3 quit beta stage?

Hey I need help.RS 2.5 installer says installer integrity check failed.Please help.

Hi, don't know if this has been asked here already (for some reason I could not search through this thread), but I have no fog of war when playing the game. Tried for Alex, BI and RTW (always using my alex cd though) and was the same for all.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by piet10000 View Post
    Hi, don't know if this has been asked here already (for some reason I could not search through this thread), but I have no fog of war when playing the game. Tried for Alex, BI and RTW (always using my alex cd though) and was the same for all.
    Just hit the "~" button and type: toggle_fow, and enter... I recommend to leave the game immediatelly and restart again(if is saved game), or start a new game.
    Have fun!

Thanks for the help! How do I type the tilde exactly? Just in the game, without the menu open? I tried to do this, also with the menu open and other things but nothing happened, like when I type "~", nothing gets through ... I also tried the combination alt-126.

I have to note that on my French keyboard, the ~ has to be pressed twice in order for it to appear without a letter, so not as in "ñ" for example. Maybe that's why it's not working? Any ideas?

i use \ to open the console, try that

Quote Originally Posted by piet10000 View Post
    Open your game, go into "Edit RSIII preferences" in the bottom left corner of the launcher interface, scroll down to "fog of war" and check the box if you don't want to see the campaign map or uncheck the box if you do, save, exit and you're good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOW.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	347820
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 17, 2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Typos

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Hello,

Had a lot of fun with RS1 and 2 a long time ago, decided to give it a try again.
    I have installed Rome+BI and updated to 1.6.
    Installed RS2.0 and updated to 2.5 (game still works, any idea on how to deal with Rome when playing as Sparta btw?).

Decided to update to RS3.0 including hotfix 3.1, launcher is working but the game crashes at pre-menu loading screen.

Did I forgot any steps?

Game is installed in C/Program files/Creative/Rome folder.
    Couldn't save it when I had it on C/users/Rome folder.
    My PC is old but could run the game with mod 5 years ago.

Thank in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

Did I forgot any steps?

Game is installed in C/Program files/Creative/Rome folder.
    Couldn't save it when I had it on C/users/Rome folder.
    My PC is old but could run the game with mod 5 years ago.

Thank in advance.
    I never install any mods in "programs x86" I only have my RTW Anthology & M2TW/Kingdoms there which I copy & paste into a "new folder" in c:/drive when I want to install each mod, I have 16 at present all in their own seperate folder. You could open your dsktp icon then open "properties" and check the target line, if it has "WONDERS" on there, come out and delete the icon, go into your rtw directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II and send a shortcut to desktop and you should be good to go
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for the help! Didn't see the WONDERS line, I'm not using the desktop icon, don't have one.

So I copied the folder to D/Rome Total War, still not working.
    Basically tried every possible way of copying the map to different locations on my PC, all crash when I try to start the game.

I have a fresh install with Rome 1.5/BI 1.6 on an USB stick which I copied it from to my PC.
    I also have a 2.5 version working on my PC in C/Users, I installed RS3 + Hotfix and it doesn't start.

It is the same problem as this guy has:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...me-won-t-start
    ^Bottom 3 comments.

The Installer of RS3 didn't make a shortcut to my desktop btw and I have deleted the old one years ago.
    So I'm starting the game by going in the C/user/Rome Total war map, click launcher and then I chose my faction and delete map.rwm.

Am I missing anything?

So I copied the folder to D/Rome Total War, still not working.
    Sorry which folder do you mean? and is D:/drive not where your physical copy of RTW runs from or do you have steam?

The Installer of RS3 didn't make a shortcut to my desktop btw and I have deleted the old one years ago.
    I'm finding this a bit confusing because my instructions should work, I have done this a few times myself and given the same advice to others and it worked for them, this always puts an icon on your desktop... no fail. In the directory did you left click the launcher to highlight it then right click to open it, scroll down to Roma Surrectum II open that folder and scroll down again to "send to" hover over it then when the box opens left click "send to desktop"?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 24, 2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo

Shield wall (Triarii, etc.) !!

FORGIVE ME if this is a stupid question - now returning to this excellent mod after a few year of not playing a Rome I based game ....

Is it not possible to toggle the shield/spear wall while using minimal UI? How can I do that if it is? THANKS!

Playing as ROME I got an error message and crash: Failure to find Texture: "data/models_unit/textures/tone/pandotaipoi_phalangites_macedon.tga"

Someone may want to correct this.