Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by iamli3 View Post
    i've battled with the files for this for an entire day now and i've gotten as close to getting it to work as getting the launcher to launch the game....and then it unlaunches it , no error windows , just black screen , closes , launcher doesn't respond and close , im all out of ideas how do i get this game to work?
    I've had this issue too, running on Windows Vista. If I remember correctly, there was a microsoft patch which I had to uninstall (an windows update file along the line of KB303...) and after that, it worked. Try to search for patch KB+RTW on google

PS try to describe the system you're running and the installation steps you made in detail. The more info, the better the community can help you. Good luck!

Get Steam Alexander, copy it to C:\RS3, install RS, set your settings and use the RS2_ALEX.bat to launch the game. Works without a hitch. I had numerous problems with the CD version on W10.

im running windows 7 64bit , installation steps were installing a fresh 2.5 , patching 3.0 , doesn't work

i found what you were talking about with the kb3086255 file , i installed it , restarted , launched the game , got to see the rs3 title card for 1 second before it went black screen closed and died , i can see in the processes that the game's process starts and is loading but then it just gets killed and i still can't play 3.0.....

and i don't know what you mean get steam alexander.....

Did you also check this post out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-5792f8b76077

With regards to the KB file, you need to UNinstall it.

danmit i wish there was an edit button , i meant uninstalled obviously , why isn't this game working when i followed the install instructions??.....

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

danmit i wish there was an edit button , i meant uninstalled obviously , why isn't this game working when i followed the install instructions??.....
    Right click on your desktop icon and go to properties. In the target line if the word"WONDERS" is there close then delete the icon, go into your directory/launcher open Roma Surrectum II and go down to "send to" and left click on send to desktop.Try and start your game.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 14, 2017 at 10:24 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

im running windows 7 64bit , installation steps were installing a fresh 2.5 , patching 3.0 , doesn't work

i found what you were talking about with the kb3086255 file , i installed it , restarted , launched the game , got to see the rs3 title card for 1 second before it went black screen closed and died , i can see in the processes that the game's process starts and is loading but then it just gets killed and i still can't play 3.0.....

and i don't know what you mean get steam alexander.....
    Steam version of RTW Alexander

the target line is correct there's no "wonders" anywhere in it

k but i'd have to pay for the steam version fo the game and i don't have the method or the time to do that now , maybe i can just try to insert the new music and balancing files to get that 25% money reduction....

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

I had a CTD with Sparta one_turn_campaign: "Generic Error: Failed to find texture 'data/models_unit/textures/tone/sparta/pendotaipoi_phalangites_macedon.tga'". I had a reinstall but it happened again. Sometimes I make buggy_saves accidentally...maybe this caused the problem. At least the Roman_One_turn_campaign functions again...

This is my third time trying to finish a campaign.I have reached the year 688 AUC,playing as Rome with 4 turn per year.No matter what I do,when i hit the end turn button,it instantly crashes.
    With my previous experiences with this mod,I am sorry but.....this mod is .To many gamebreaking bugs.I simply cannot finish a campaign.
    Regarding my other issues that I reported here,nobody looked for a solution,and it was forgotten.I expect this time it will be no different.
    This mod simply does not work.I can't play two battles without having to restart the game,because it will crash.When I play a single battle on a session,after some campaign map gameplay,it will crash.There are many cashes,and many other small bugs as well.
    But this instant end of turn crash...it's gamebreaking.I didn't even have the chace to play with the Imperial Legions.

I heard autosaves can really screw up a campaign... that's all I can think of, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Iuly32 View Post
    This is my third time trying to finish a campaign.I have reached the year 688 AUC,playing as Rome with 4 turn per year.No matter what I do,when i hit the end turn button,it instantly crashes.
    With my previous experiences with this mod,I am sorry but.....this mod is .To many gamebreaking bugs.................
    Well, I don't normally respond twice to the same issue.....

But it is you who has modded the Mod. Anything after that is entirely you.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    I had a CTD with Sparta one_turn_campaign: "Generic Error: Failed to find texture 'data/models_unit/textures/tone/sparta/pendotaipoi_phalangites_macedon.tga'". I had a reinstall but it happened again. Sometimes I make buggy_saves accidentally...maybe this caused the problem. At least the Roman_One_turn_campaign functions again...
    I checked this out, and can find nothing wrong. The file is there where it should be. Has to be a bug in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Iuly32 View Post
    With my previous experiences with this mod,I am sorry but.....this mod is .To many gamebreaking bugs.I simply cannot finish a campaign.
    Regarding my other issues that I reported here,nobody looked for a solution,and it was forgotten.I expect this time it will be no different.
    This mod simply does not work.I can't play two battles without having to restart the game,because it will crash.When I play a single battle on a session,after some campaign map gameplay,it will crash.There are many cashes,and many other small bugs as well.
    But this instant end of turn crash...it's gamebreaking.I didn't even have the chace to play with the Imperial Legions.
    As my friend ur-Lord Tedric points out, if you are playing 4-turns per year, you aren't playing RS2\3 as it was designed. Therefore, we have no responsibility for your errors. There is a reason that RS was never configured for 4-turns per year....there are a virtual nightmarish number of things that can go wrong in multiple files and scripts if you do not thoroughly check and test the changes necessary to make that happen. It took us years just to test 2-turns per year....4-turns was NEVER tested. I would suggest you reinstall RS3 as it was written and play it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by john_peter View Post
    I heard autosaves can really screw up a campaign... that's all I can think of, sorry
    Autosave can most definitively screw up your campaign, as it is a known bug in RTW. Turn it off, and then save often. I save after major battles, important events, whenever I feel like it, and certainly every time I play.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to start a new Rome one turn campaign, but the advisor doesn't show up when I click on cities so I can activate the script. However, as soon as I load up the game, the advisor appears for a moment but goes away immediately and I can't bring her back, even when I raise the advisor settings from the pause menu. Any thoughts appreciated ����

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I'm trying to start a new Rome one turn campaign, but the advisor doesn't show up when I click on cities so I can activate the script. However, as soon as I load up the game, the advisor appears for a moment but goes away immediately and I can't bring her back, even when I raise the advisor settings from the pause menu. Any thoughts appreciated ����
    That may occur, as far as I remember, and it's no problem as long as one denarius is added to your treasury. The script has been activated and you may play in peace. If you are still a bit unsure then run a simple test - lay siege to any random enemy settlement and end the turn. Then check if the script has spawned an extra garrison in that settlement. If it did then it means that everything is in order.

Blog Entries

Thank you

Blog Entries

When I try to play a siege battle in the rome 0 turn campaign thegame CTDs during the battle load screen. The siege is of Capua, I am the Romans and I have a ram, siege towers and ladders.
    Last edited by Aexodus; June 19, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

Siege of Saguntum at 541AUC. Fighting 2 stacks of Carthaginian troops but after I won the battle and on the decision window of occupying, enslaving or depopulate the game crashes. Anyone, encountering this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by GauisElpizo View Post
    Siege of Saguntum at 541AUC. Fighting 2 stacks of Carthaginian troops but after I won the battle and on the decision window of occupying, enslaving or depopulate the game crashes. Anyone, encountering this problem?
    Update: I tried auto resolving and intentionally lose the battle and tried it again on 542AUC. This time I didn't encountered any issues at all. That's weird.

@forum,

Hi! I played Surrectum II and it was an excellent TW experience. I stumbled across the open beta, and am itching to play a campaign, hopefully leaving some useful feed back.

However, I have a slight problem...

I have installed exactly as recommended. When I run the launcher [have corrected the start in line], the start up menu boots up fine. Once in, I head to the Roman campiagn, RWT with BI then on in to the start page. When I attempt to start the campiagn by double clicking or pressing the arrow, I continually get this messgae "please select an item from the list".

When I get back to the desk top I have the following script error message:
    Play_rome/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.tx at line 12, column 1

I have looked in the file and nothing strikes me as out of place. Would love to get this working, can anybody advise please?

Cheers