Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

You could try moving your game out of programs(x86)/.../steam apps/common into a renamed "new folder" in your c:/drive or documents. It stops Windows security interfering with the mod files, I have also "taken control" of my UAC/Virtual store click the link to find out how to do this. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems I have 16 mods on my PC and very rarely have any problems. I don't have steam but it works in the same way, I hope you find this helpful.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 27, 2017 at 02:43 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Roma Surrectum 2.5 runs fine on my PC, but when I install Roma Surrectum III, it crashes on while loading a battle. Didn't try with 2.6 though.

EDIT: Important information I forgot: I am running on Windows 10 on RTW.exe and BI.exe, don't have Alexander.
    Last edited by john_peter; March 30, 2017 at 10:34 PM.

Sorry my bad, I did a quick search it was the vegetation quality that made my game crash. It works now. Still, I have lag in the world map, I managed to make it a bit better, but I am affraid once I take more lands it will lag even more.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by LukyLucaz View Post
    Hey there, I recently installed RSIII on top of the steam version of RTW Alexander (I copied it to a separate folder and then installed the mod there). I've been playing the Roman campaign and I've not noticed any bugs, had even less crashes than in 2.6.
    However, yesterday I started a Greek campaign. Here I tried to look at Athens on the battle map (through the build menu, you know), and this crashed my game. After that any battle I've tried to fight on the battle map results in a crash. Even going back to my Roman campaign doesn't fix this, any battle on the battle map is a fatality. Any way looking at cities on the battle map through the construction menu generates a file that causes errors?
    I know of no situation that would cause that. Did you change the vegetation quality? Because that will cause CTD's.

Quote Originally Posted by kahnage View Post
    Even after setting my screen resolution to the default for my machine I am still getting an issue where the game minimises. i had my first ccrash relating to this in a battle with Carthage at Segesta in Iberia.

I am using the Alexander exe file.

Can anyone recommend a solution?
    Make sure that the 'Aero' feature is Windows is disabled...that can cause this to happen. Also, any program running in the 'tray' that forces notifications will minimize your current program\game.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with CTDs WHILE loading for battles during a one turn campaign with the Galleaci. It's now at a point where even the tiniest battle leads to a CTD which ruining the experience I've searched through the forum I unfortunately haven't found any advise that fixed the problem.

- I have addressed the issue of RAM memory shortage and have a swap file of 4 gb.
    - RTW is installed in a non windows map and implemented the VirtualStore solution as mentioned in the post above.
    - No steam. Clean install RTW BI.exe and RSIII.

The CTDs started first occurring late in my campaign (around turn 150-200), mostly while loading the second or third battle. I've read a similar post but all suggestions provided were already enabled. The weird thing is, I had some epic battles with 8k+ units (playing on large unit size) and when the battle does load, it runs smooth and there is no problem at all.
    - I've changed the vegetation quality to all but it did not help. Changed the unit quality too and it too did not help.
    - I've started a few new 1-turn campaigns with other factions and loaded some battles there, CTD while loading the screen occured.
    - I'm a long time RS2 player, no autosave, always activate script..

I'm happy to provide more information if needed and hope you guys can help me out because I love playing this game!

Sys specs:
    amd phenom x4 3 ghz / 4gb ram / Vista 64 bit / Radeon 4870 1gb

My preferences, in case you think there might be something wrong here:

SAFE_REFRESH:TRUE
    USE_TRIPLE_BUFFER:TRUE
    USE_WIDESCREEN:TRUE
    SUBTITLES:FALSE
    MORALE:TRUE
    FATIGUE:TRUE
    LIMITED_AMMO:TRUE
    SUPPLY:TRUE
    FOG_OF_WAR:TRUE
    RESTRICT_CAMERA:FALSE
    DEFAULT_BATTLE_CAMERA:RTS
    EVENT_CUTSCENES:FALSE
    SMOKE:TRUE
    DESYNC:FALSE
    SPLASHES:FALSE
    GLINTS:FALSE
    REFLECTIONS:FALSE
    SHADOWS:TRUE
    VEGETATION:TRUE
    DETAILED_UNIT_SHADOWS:TRUE
    GLOSS_MAPPING:FALSE
    STENCIL_SHADOWS:FALSE
    MULTI_TEXTURE:TRUE
    AUTO_SAVE:FALSE
    SHOW_BANNERS:TRUE
    UNIT_EXPERIENCE_UPGRADE_EFFECT:TRUE
    UNIT_SIZE:80
    MASTER_VOL:100
    SPEECH_VOL:51
    SFX_VOL:100
    MUSIC_VOL:100
    CAMERA_ROTATE:100
    CAMERA_MOVE:100
    CAMERA_FOV:75.000000
    ENABLE_AUDIO:TRUE
    ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE
    ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE
    DISABLE_BACKGROUND_FMV:FALSE
    DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE
    AUDIO_3D_PROVIDER:Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
    CLOUD_TRANSITIONS:TRUE
    GRASS_DISTANCE:20
    AA_QUALITY:AA_OFF
    STRATEGY_RESOLUTION:1920x1080
    STRATEGY_MAX_RESOLUTION:1920x1080
    STRATEGY_32_BIT:TRUE
    BATTLE_RESOLUTION:1920x1080
    BATTLE_MAX_RESOLUTION:1920x1080
    BATTLE_32_BIT:TRUE
    UNIT_DETAIL:ULTRA_HIGH
    BUILDING_DETAIL:HIGH
    TGA_CAPTURE_WIDTH:1024
    TGA_CAPTURE_ASPECT:1.333333
    TGA_CAPTURE_INPUT_SCALE:1
    TGA_CAPTURE_RESERVE_SPACE:FALSE
    LABEL_CHARACTERS:FALSE
    LABEL_SETTLEMENTS:TRUE
    MINIMAL_UI:TRUE
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MIN_ZOOM:30
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED_MAX_ZOOM:30
    FIRST_TIME_PLAY:FALSE
    ADVISOR_VERBOSITY:0
    MUTE_ADVISOR:TRUE
    BLIND_ADVISOR:FALSE
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:SKIP_AI_FACTIONS
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_SPEED_UP:FALSE
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_GAME_SPEED:56
    DISABLE_EVENTS:0
    MICROMANAGE_ALL_SETTLEMENTS:TRUE
    ADVANCED_STATS_ALWAYS:FALSE
    UNIT_USE_SHADERS:TRUE
    TERRAIN_QUALITY:HIGH
    EFFECT_QUALITY:HIGH
    VEGETATION_QUALITY:HIGH
    KEYSET:0
    UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA_SMOOTHING:TRUE
    CHAT_MSG_DURATION:10
    USE_QUICKCHAT:FALSE
    GS_PIDS:FALSE
    GS_PIDS_FULL:FALSE
    GS_PIDS_CUR:TRUE
    ALWAYS_LOGFILE:FALSE
    TIMESTAMP_LOGFILE:TRUE
    32BIT_UI:TRUE
    GS_LOG_RESULTS:FALSE
    CHAT_COLOURS:name=ffffa0,private=ff7707,game=94aadc,public=fff777,system=ffffff,lobby=fff777,setup=94aadc,playing=ff0707
    EDIT_SETTLEMENT_NAMES:FALSE

Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by I3enjaIvIin; April 06, 2017 at 11:41 AM.

@13enjalvlin you haven't changed the vegetation quality using the tab on the launcher interface by any chance have you? also in video options have you "checked" the unit shaders box? it's just a thought because everything you have done looks fine.

Thanks for taking a look and your advise Saul! Unfortunately, I did change the vegetation quality using the tab on the launcher. I did a search and found this topic ~ I wasn't aware that the veg tab was bugged

@DVK, like suggested in the mentioned topic, could you add a warning in your RSIII-Open-Beta-Released topic?

Ill reinstall and report back how it went

Hi dvk901,

I tried to install Roma Surrectum III, but whenever I start a battle it instantly crushes.

I used the Rome total war Alexander as my Rome Total War Gold Edition is installed under Steam. Followed
    the installation instructions.

Firstly I installed Roma Surrectum 2.5 version. And installed the Roma Surrectum III and the 3.1 patch. I copied
    the main Alexander folder to my desktop/games/Rome Surrectum III. The name of the folder is Rome Surrectum III.
    Tried to change to the preference text but to no avail.

I am currently running it on Windows 10. I searched for the thread but I still can't find a method that solve the crash
    when I start a battle. Besides that the campaign map everything runs well.

Help is much appreciated thanks a lot. I really want to give this mod a try. It's a very promising mod.

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Ill reinstall and report back how it went
    Please do, hopefully that will be the end of it. I have exhausted many avenues I can find to fix problems with mods, and when you came up with yours after following most of the suggestions similar to what I have given on the forum, I was scratching my head....until I read what you had done with vegetation...then....I had a feeling that tab on the launcher was possibly/probably the problem, iirc you only have to reinstall III + 3.1
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 07, 2017 at 09:39 AM.

I'm a few years into my (Roman) campaign, every once in a while the game CTD's (mostly on the turn of the rebels) but I just restart/reload and it seems to work fine.

However I ran into a persistent crash upon the turn of the Greek faction. Can't seem to pass it (sometimes not activating script etc worked).

Most likely this is the end of that campaign.

When encountering an error like this, best to just start a new campaign?
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Hi, dvk901. Thank you for your work on RS3. But when RS3 will quit an open beta? Beta stage has been going for one year.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hi guys. I love the mod, u have my honest thanks but i have 2 problems so far.

1.Slingers have SNIPER RANGE. Yea , im not kidding, they are starting to throw stones from halfway across the battlefield, i noticed they have the ,,Very Long Range Missiles',, bonus, which if i recall correctly only the siege engines have it ?? xD

2. CTD's as usual , i run on win7 64, have an i5 4460, gtx 960, 8 GB ram. I have everything maxed out, can run it with 45-55 fps overall (enable troop shaders guys, they give u 30 fps instantly) still what can i do to stop it from crashing??

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post

2. CTD's as usual , i run on win7 64, have an i5 4460, gtx 960, 8 GB ram. I have everything maxed out, can run it with 45-55 fps overall (enable troop shaders guys, they give u 30 fps instantly) still what can i do to stop it from crashing??
    Seems to be crashing after i press end turn

Hey Saul,

Reinstalling did work - unfortunately the save game was bugged, so I started a new campaign. Having fun with the Romans and Syracuse now. Thnx again for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Hey Saul,

Reinstalling did work -
    Nae worries laddie, happy it worked for you, now go pillage and party

Hello. I'm coming with an update for the game.

So, i am playing Rome 0 Turn Campaign for almost a week now, everything going ok, but i have some thoughts.

1. NO CRASHES - Alright so i experienced LOTS of crashes in RSII 2.6 and even 3.1, but since i FRESHELY reinstalled everything, i didn't touch the SETTINGS one bit, except for the resolution. I think the game auto-detected cause i have all on high , no lag btw, works flawlessly and i had NOT ONE CRASH in a WEEK! This is a HUGE improvement, so i guess not messing with the settings it s actually a better choice. The game seems so stable now over the previous versions, cheers guys

2.TOWN PATHING- Uh, it doesen't work so well i'm afraid. I LOVE THE NEW LOOK OF THE TOWNS! I really do, but the troop pathfinding is horrible, the AI and even my own controlled troops, cant find some simple paths and they simply break formation, turn their backs and go into a random direction etc. Happens with all towns, especially the barbarian ones. There are also problems with the ,,civilized cities'' ( Roman/Greek), there are roads in the city that should lead to the plaza but i cant move the troops there, so they go around it. I think it conflicts with the added buildings around there, making the game thinking it is an IMPASSIBLE terrain, even though it looks clearly like a road.

3.THE CAMERA - Something Wrong with this one too. The RTS camera is not working the same as it was, for example, i double press a unit icon to zoom to it but if i move the mouse, the camera flies into a random direction or it stops at the middle of the map. It gets annoying when i want to zoom back to a far unit, but instead of accelarting the camera zoom, it just stops at a random location :/

All i had to say for now, i really love the mod, keep up the good work, i hope i wasnt annoying, i just wanted to point the things i think should deserve attention. I am really pleased that it doesent crash at all, just dont touch the settings, and dont minimize the game, autosave off, worked flawlessly. If i find any problems, i shall report.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Hello. I'm coming with an update for the game.

So, i am playing Rome 0 Turn Campaign for almost a week now, everything going ok, but i have some thoughts.

1. NO CRASHES - Alright so i experienced LOTS of crashes in RSII 2.6 and even 3.1, but since i FRESHELY reinstalled everything, i didn't touch the SETTINGS one bit, except for the resolution. I think the game auto-detected cause i have all on high , no lag btw, works flawlessly and i had NOT ONE CRASH in a WEEK! This is a HUGE improvement, so i guess not messing with the settings it s actually a better choice. The game seems so stable now over the previous versions, cheers guys

2.TOWN PATHING- Uh, it doesen't work so well i'm afraid. I LOVE THE NEW LOOK OF THE TOWNS! I really do, but the troop pathfinding is horrible, the AI and even my own controlled troops, cant find some simple paths and they simply break formation, turn their backs and go into a random direction etc. Happens with all towns, especially the barbarian ones. There are also problems with the ,,civilized cities'' ( Roman/Greek), there are roads in the city that should lead to the plaza but i cant move the troops there, so they go around it. I think it conflicts with the added buildings around there, making the game thinking it is an IMPASSIBLE terrain, even though it looks clearly like a road.

3.THE CAMERA - Something Wrong with this one too. The RTS camera is not working the same as it was, for example, i double press a unit icon to zoom to it but if i move the mouse, the camera flies into a random direction or it stops at the middle of the map. It gets annoying when i want to zoom back to a far unit, but instead of accelarting the camera zoom, it just stops at a random location :/

All i had to say for now, i really love the mod, keep up the good work, i hope i wasnt annoying, i just wanted to point the things i think should deserve attention. I am really pleased that it doesent crash at all, just dont touch the settings, and dont minimize the game, autosave off, worked flawlessly. If i find any problems, i shall report.
    Playing in at 120 BC and hasnt had any CTD yet.(Rome 0-Turn)
    The games is a smooth as babyskin, and the best is that you dont have to have Steam, (just the name-account according to it).

Mvh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adsız.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	345009Hi. I have installed the RS3 and managed to start a new campaign. But on the campaign map I have seen some green scratches and in a few seconds I have faced an error that says "rome TW has stopped working. An issue has stopped this program to working properly. Windows will close the program..." . I am using the disc version of Rome TW, not steam. I was able to play RS2.6 without any problem like that.
    I realized this problem only happens on campaign map, no problem on main menu, no problem on custom battle.
    I have only changed the battle and strategy resolutions to my laptop's default resolution. I am using Windows 10. I think all I can say is that. Please help me.
    I am not native English speaker so forgive me if my text is not grammatically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adsız.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	345009Hi. I have installed the RS3 and managed to start a new campaign. But on the campaign map I have seen some green scratches and in a few seconds I have faced an error that says "rome TW has stopped working. An issue has stopped this program to working properly. Windows will close the program..." . I am using the disc version of Rome TW, not steam. I was able to play RS2.6 without any problem like that.
    I realized this problem only happens on campaign map, no problem on main menu, no problem on custom battle.
    I have only changed the battle and strategy resolutions to my laptop's default resolution. I am using Windows 10. I think all I can say is that. Please help me.
    I am not native English speaker so forgive me if my text is not grammatically incorrect.

Have you made a clean installation of RS3?

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    Have you made a clean installation of RS3?
    Yes. I have uninstall RS 2.6 and delete all files. Then I have copied Rome TW files, installed RS 2.5, after that installed RS3 and also copied 3.1 patch.
    I thought my Rome TW files might be corrupted but after this problem I have installed RS 2.6 again and met no errors like this.