Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    If you wouldn't mind doing a little testing for me in this campaign....open 'export_descr_buildings.txt' in Notepad or other text editor and do a search for:

medium_wealth

Once you find the last referrence, look for this line:

taxable_income_bonus bonus 1025 requires factions { greek_cities, } and hidden_resource area9 and hidden_resource r9

I bumped this up from 850 or so, so change it to 1025 and see how that works. If it's still too little, bump it up a bit and then let me know what works out to get you started at a minimum level.
    Don't want the number too high, because then you might get too much money later on.
    Hi DVK, I found the cause of the super low tax income: Syracuse is hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource r9. I changed it and the income is now 8k instead of just 1k, lol. And now income is higher then expenditure, as it 'should' be for this campaign.

Wien1938's Avatar Miles

The shield reliefs for the Polybian and Allied Roman legionaries are the wrong way around according to the unit cards - the Allies have the red shield and the Romans have the white with red cross.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Hi DVK, I found the cause of the super low tax income: Syracuse is hidden_resource area6 and hidden_resource r9. I changed it and the income is now 8k instead of just 1k, lol. And now income is higher then expenditure, as it 'should' be for this campaign.
    Thanks, spotted the error. The 0-turn campaign was right, the 1-turn was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wien1938 View Post
    The shield reliefs for the Polybian and Allied Roman legionaries are the wrong way around according to the unit cards - the Allies have the red shield and the Romans have the white with red cross.
    I can't find this error. Could you please post a screenshot and tell me which campaign (0 or 1 turn)?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Ah, ok. Got it. Thanks.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

hi, im having some issues with the game.
    sometimes when i run the game, the screen appears with two wide black stripes on its sides. sometimes, it doesnt, but the game runs extremely slowly. in any case, the campaign map is extremely laggy

this speed iproblem is happening quite frequently, not only in this game, but in other also. by restarting the computer several times, this problem wears off, but it can return at any time. any ideas?
    Last edited by atila9000; September 14, 2016 at 10:26 PM.
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Patrician

Well, it sounds like you are running out of memory...or, video card over-heating (or getting close)....or, processor over-heating. RSIII should run 'respectfully' on a Pentium4, 3.2ghz dual core processor, 4gb of ram, on 'large' unit settings and Medium settings for everything else. I've run it on High settings as well on Large unit sizes. Strat map lag can be corrected by substituting the 'Alternate_Strat_Trees' in the important-stuff folder (just copy into the main 'data' folder.

ANY kind of video ghosting, glitching or out of place artifacts showing up is a sure sign your video card is either under-powered, over-heating, or dying. Check inside the case and make sure all fans are working, and heat sinks are free of dust.
    Also, having different resolutions between the Strat map and the Battlefield will cause the screen to flip to black, hesitate, and or flash weirdly. Make sure the resolutions are the same, and make sure they match the 'native' resoultion of your monitor (the default).

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

do i have to take the case to a computer service to fix it?

another question, its almost impossible to make my generals get battle traits. i have a general who participated in aprox 6/7 battles, all of them victories, but i didnt get any stars, any ideas?
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Patrician

Generals in RS2\3 must not only be IN the battle, but actually take part and kill enemies. If they are just sitting back and watching, starts will come very slowly or not at all. This was changed to more accurately reflect that most Generals were just 'average to good'...not all of them are 10 star heroes.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I've been playing Rs3 since last week, and I've noticed on Carthago campaign, 1turn bi.exe that the actual city model with harbor (great work, love it!) has a pharos of Alexandria in it's harbor.

Now I personally don't mind a lighthouse in the harbor of carthage, but it specifically mentions 'pharos' .

Any thoughts?

edit: rs3.1 is installed

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Speirs View Post
    I've been playing Rs3 since last week, and I've noticed on Carthago campaign, 1turn bi.exe that the actual city model with harbor (great work, love it!) has a pharos of Alexandria in it's harbor.

Now I personally don't mind a lighthouse in the harbor of carthage, but it specifically mentions 'pharos' .

Any thoughts?

edit: rs3.1 is installed
    Yes indeed. I knew that was going to say that when you moused over the building, but was OK with it because a 'pharos' is the Hellenistic word for 'a lighthouse'. There are several of note in England that were called 'pharos' by the Romans.
    So the term is not only the name for an ancient wonder, but for the 'thing itself'.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Senator

... another good thing I learned by simply playing one of the best Mods in the World and reading in this Thread!
    Thanks!

All battles ctd for me- campaign, custom, historical, right as it starts to load and with no error given.
    I'm using alx on win7.

reinstall everything, you did something wrong during installation for sure

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by xed View Post
    All battles ctd for me- campaign, custom, historical, right as it starts to load and with no error given.
    I'm using alx on win7.
    If you used the Launcher to use high res vegetation, this will happen. Re-install RSIII and do not change vegetation. It says so in the install instructions.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Works now, thanks

Hello

I've installed RSIII about months ago now, and until yesterday it was all working fine. I run windows 10 (used to be 7), but it hasn't caused any issues since I installed it about 3 months ago. However, I touched the prferences yesterday on the launcher screen, as the game was a bit slow and wanted to tone down some of the settings to smooth it up a bit. Now the game crashes before every battle (campaign and custom), as soon as the loading screen turns on. Anyone have an idea why? Thanks.

Patrician

If you tried to change the vegetation with the Launcher it will cause this to happen. Just re-install RSIII (you don't have to re-install everything.

ONLY change vegetation settings in RTW 'Video Options'

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'm playing Arverni Campaign and I am in 614 A.U.C, on this latest turn, I've just reached the 60 cities quota to "win" and I am wandering if this climax isn't currently messing with my campaign because I have a CTD every time that I reach the end of next turn, when I reached the rebels faction. I have only two saves on this campaign, usually I make three of them, also I may have skipped to load the script once previously, or maybe not, after 160 turns I can't really tell... but still, the coincidence seems really big, just when I complete the sixty quota, this happens ? It never happened before. What do you think ?

N.B : During the end of turn, I only have to auto-resolve one naval battle at Gibraltar detroit, that I always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    .................... because I have a CTD every time that I reach the end of next turn, ................................ I have only two saves on this campaign, usually I make three of them,.......................... I may have skipped to load the script once previously, or maybe not, after 160 turns I can't really tell... .........................
    It's probably, sadly, all contained in the above. You're playing really fast (don't forget that the general idea behind the Mod, for Rome certainly, is that it's supposed to last between 400 and 600 turns).

In that speed you have almost definitely forgotten to run the script some time, and, I suspect not taken time for the almost essential house-keeping (I have a save kept every 10 turns/5years); which includes stopping and re-starting the game regularly (it's rare that, when I'm into it, that I have time for more than one or two turns in a play session (a detailed turn can take up to 2 hours), so I tend to avoid that anyway. These things are not Mod-specific, but it is very heavily scripted.

Curiously, however, by playing that fast you have probably avoided many of the things that can go wrong with not running the script - often associated (seemingly) with characters! That's why it got all the way to the end.

You have, though, won and reached the end - so you've really not lost out at all!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.