Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    Can I use any material in this folder Roma Surrectum 3.0\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF (especially Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\EDU changes)?

And can one remind me or point me where roman barracks system is explained (roman/allied barracks, requirements for building them, etc.)
    Regarding your second question, that's where you will find all the information you need http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ut-RS2-is-here

What does that mean when my RSIII launcher open Rome BI loading screen instead of Alexander or Rome Surrectum III. At the same time, I receive an error say "cannot read data//chat_filter.san"

I don't know if it was done intentionally, but the Athenian Leader Telephos is very slow. It takes three turns to move from Athens to Korinthos. Is it because of his age? Also, Athens has -8000 income in Athenian Campaign

A lot of factions in the one turn campaign are losing money big time in the beginning, including Belgae, Boii, Ptolemaics, Carthage, Parthia, Pontus and Sparta. They're unplayable. Others barely make any money, like Macedon and Dacia. Scythia is making like 3k/turn so you can build things.

OK, I've now tried the Steam version but it crashes BEFORE the campaign map. This is really peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by elias athenian View Post
    I don't know if it was done intentionally, but the Athenian Leader Telephos is very slow. It takes three turns to move from Athens to Korinthos. Is it because of his age? Also, Athens has -8000 income in Athenian Campaign
    I don't know how about the movement of your general, but given the sheer size of the Athenian army and the fact that they hold only one city there is no wonder why they have such a big deficit. I suggest that you expand very quickly and take as many cities as possible in the first few turns. As your tax income grows bigger and some of your soldiers die in the process your economy balance should normalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacicusromanus View Post
    A lot of factions in the one turn campaign are losing money big time in the beginning, including Belgae, Boii, Ptolemaics, Carthage, Parthia, Pontus and Sparta. They're unplayable. Others barely make any money, like Macedon and Dacia. Scythia is making like 3k/turn so you can build things.
    Hmmm... that's quite strange since my first impression of the 1-turn campaign was quite to the opposite, namely that there is still too much money being made. I started yesterday a 1-turn campaign with Arveni on h/h and I've had enough money to both field a relatively large army and commission building projects in all of my settlements at the same time. And on top of that there is often still some precious coin left in the coffers.

I went in descr_strat.txt of Play_Athens folder and I found that Telephos had a trait "NoMovement 1". I just had to remove that trait and now my general moves normally.

First of all I'd like to congratulate and thank you for releasing the next version of this amazing mod. Because this release the very same feeling I had when played total war games years ago is back.

BTW I'd like to use alex.exe for this mod but when I tried to copy descr_formation_ai i got confused. There are several folders there. Can you say which one is needed?

So, after playing a first couple of hours of 1-turn campaign with Arveni I can tell the following:

1. The download and installation process went fast and smooth. The game is working perfectly with my Windows 7.

2. Both the campaign and the battlefield map are simply exquisite! The visual side of the game is gorgeous and, most importantly, I cannot believe how smooth is the performance. Just to test what I can do with it I turned almost all the graphical settings to the maximum and still the game is running without any lagging at all. With the previous RS 2.6 I could only dream about it.

3. Regarding the campaign map, everything seems to be working fine and I haven't discovered any bugs, yet. As I've already mentioned in one of my posts above, there is a feeling that there is a bit too much money, but that is still within reason.

4. Regarding the battlefield environment, the field battles are working fine, but the sieges is where the problem begins. Since I'm playing with Arveni all sieges I've had, took place on the Celtic hillfort maps. Basically, the very concept of these hillforts and their design make really good impression, yet they seem unfortunately to be buggy in the extreme.

First of all, the cpu doesn't know how to handle them at all. I noticed that especially in one defensive siege when all the enemy troops just started running straight into the wall- a picture below-, trying to make their way through it. After a minute or two some of the units halted and started running towards either of the two gateways. By then, however, the whole army was in chaos. Their path-finding skills are clearly very poor.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Inside the walls the situation is pretty dire, too. The movement is very restricted even while navigating a single unit, let alone the whole group. The whole area is full of invisible walls and buildings that the routing enemy soldiers just run through.

The next big issue I encountered while laying a siege to the city of Bibracte, surrounded by the stone wall. It seemed like in most sections of the wall my siege equipment just didn't work. After having successfully placed a piece of the siege equipment, either a siege tower, or a ladder, a unit would just move back and stand still like on the picture below.

Out of 2 siege towers and 4 ladders that were successfully placed by the wall, only one ladder the attacking unit started climbing up on. The other units, after having been issued a command to climb up the wall, would just completely ignore the siege equipment right in front of them and start running towards that one ladder.

I think the only reasonable way to get through that wall is to take it down.

EDIT 1: All right, I tried that siege of Bibracte once again, this time however I focused mostly on building sap points. It went fine, that's I took the city, yet as I mentioned above the movement of units inside the city was extremely buggy and challenging.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; April 27, 2016 at 06:57 AM.

Town Tavion in Galatian campaign is bugged. It is isolated from outside world. I cant send anyone in the city or outside of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Searry View Post
    The game always crashes when I enter a battle. I did all the Win10 tweaks mentioned, but it still doesn't work.
    I move the Roman army near Hannibal a bit south, then move units from Rome to the army and attack Hannibal, then when I press the button to fight the battle in the battle map, the game crashes.
    I first did a clean install, then installed RS2.5 then 3.0 beta. I selected the formations from the Launcher for Alexander. I use the Alexander exe with no-cd fix.

What should I do?

EDIT: Ok, for some reason, when I use BI exe, the game loads 1/5 of the battle and then crashes.
    Same for me, nothing helps it just crashes before battle starts. But I could run 2.6 just fine half of year ago, but I did reinstall OS after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Searry View Post
    The game always crashes when I enter a battle. I did all the Win10 tweaks mentioned, but it still doesn't work.
    I move the Roman army near Hannibal a bit south, then move units from Rome to the army and attack Hannibal, then when I press the button to fight the battle in the battle map, the game crashes.
    I first did a clean install, then installed RS2.5 then 3.0 beta. I selected the formations from the Launcher for Alexander. I use the Alexander exe with no-cd fix.

What should I do?

EDIT: Ok, for some reason, when I use BI exe, the game loads 1/5 of the battle and then crashes.
    Did you changed vegetation quality in the launcher? I changed it yesterday and exactly same thing happened to me. I had to fully reinstall RTW and Roma Surrectum after that.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; April 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ricandy129 View Post
    What does that mean when my RSIII launcher open Rome BI loading screen instead of Alexander or Rome Surrectum III. At the same time, I receive an error say "cannot read data//chat_filter.san"
    Installed the mod wrong.

I went in descr_strat.txt of Play_Athens folder and I found that Telephos had a trait "NoMovement 1". I just had to remove that trait and now my general moves normally.
    Yep...forgot to remove that trait. Fixed in next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    First of all I'd like to congratulate and thank you for releasing the next version of this amazing mod. Because this release the very same feeling I had when played total war games years ago is back.

BTW I'd like to use alex.exe for this mod but when I tried to copy descr_formation_ai i got confused. There are several folders there. Can you say which one is needed?
    The Alex_Only folders in there contain only files that can be used with Alex exe.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    So, after playing a first couple of hours of 1-turn campaign with Arveni I can tell the following:

1. The download and installation process went fast and smooth. The game is working perfectly with my Windows 7.

2. Both the campaign and the battlefield map are simply exquisite! The visual side of the game is gorgeous and, most importantly, I cannot believe how smooth is the performance. Just to test what I can do with it I turned almost all the graphical settings to the maximum and still the game is running without any lagging at all. With the previous RS 2.6 I could only dream about it.

3. Regarding the campaign map, everything seems to be working fine and I haven't discovered any bugs, yet. As I've already mentioned in one of my posts above, there is a feeling that there is a bit too much money, but that is still within reason.

4. Regarding the battlefield environment, the field battles are working fine, but the sieges is where the problem begins. Since I'm playing with Arveni all sieges I've had, took place on the Celtic hillfort maps. Basically, the very concept of these hillforts and their design make really good impression, yet they seem unfortunately to be buggy in the extreme.

First of all, the cpu doesn't know how to handle them at all. I noticed that especially in one defensive siege when all the enemy troops just started running straight into the wall- a picture below-, trying to make their way through it. After a minute or two some of the units halted and started running towards either of the two gateways. By then, however, the whole army was in chaos. Their path-finding skills are clearly very poor.

Inside the walls the situation is pretty dire, too. The movement is very restricted even while navigating a single unit, let alone the whole group. The whole area is full of invisible walls and buildings that the routing enemy soldiers just run through.

The next big issue I encountered while laying a siege to the city of Bibracte, surrounded by the stone wall. It seemed like in most sections of the wall my siege equipment just didn't work. After having successfully placed a piece of the siege equipment, either a siege tower, or a ladder, a unit would just move back and stand still like on the picture below.

Out of 2 siege towers and 4 ladders that were successfully placed by the wall, only one ladder the attacking unit started climbing up on. The other units, after having been issued a command to climb up the wall, would just completely ignore the siege equipment right in front of them and start running towards that one ladder.

I think the only reasonable way to get through that wall is to take it down.

EDIT 1: All right, I tried that siege of Bibracte once again, this time however I focused mostly on building sap points. It went fine, that's I took the city, yet as I mentioned above the movement of units inside the city was extremely buggy and challenging.
    I know the pathfinding in the hillfort city model is 'bizarre' to say the least. Believe it or not, it's better than it was since I worked on it. But, it just is what it is....I'm not a modeller so I can't really rework it, and actually had a fellow on this forum work some on it....but it's meant to be hard as it would've historically been hard to get around in. The fact that the AI has issues with it.....yeah, the AI is just dumb.

@ Ostrogoth
    Found the problem with Tavion and it will be fixed in next patch.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'd hardly call it a bug but there is map of Syracuse in Massilian campaign menu.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; April 28, 2016 at 12:40 AM.

I stand corrected, only Sparta is losing money at the start of the one turn campaign.

Also, slingers in the higher lethality folder database don't have long range missiles.

Ok now, I can run the game and it's beautiful!
    Could you please tell why I can't save game, option is greyed out all the time.

no hay reformas imperiales .... no las legiones imperiales aparece .... y ningún general romano aparecen mensaje mariano

I can recruit Scythian archers, medium horse arches and Kappadokian infantry from Athens when I play as Athens...
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; April 28, 2016 at 12:40 AM.