Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default RSIII problems and bugs

Report issues with RSIII here in this thread.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Is it out now??

So it's out soon? Very good!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

O M G SOON!!!!!!!

The game always crashes when I enter a battle. I did all the Win10 tweaks mentioned, but it still doesn't work.
    I move the Roman army near Hannibal a bit south, then move units from Rome to the army and attack Hannibal, then when I press the button to fight the battle in the battle map, the game crashes.
    I first did a clean install, then installed RS2.5 then 3.0 beta. I selected the formations from the Launcher for Alexander. I use the Alexander exe with no-cd fix.

What should I do?

EDIT: Ok, for some reason, when I use BI exe, the game loads 1/5 of the battle and then crashes.
    Last edited by Searry; April 25, 2016 at 07:10 AM.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Try the 3 GB fix for the .exe That might help.

Just a wild guess. And make sure shaders are turned on.

It works fine for me, both on my gaming PC wich has Win 7 Ultimate and my laptop with Win 10.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Try the 3 GB fix for the .exe That might help.

Just a wild guess. And make sure shaders are turned on.

It works fine for me, both on my gaming PC wich has Win 7 Ultimate and my laptop with Win 10.
    What 3 GB fix? Shaders are turned on.

EDIT: And by the way, I use the CD version.
    Last edited by Searry; April 25, 2016 at 08:14 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Searry View Post
    The game always crashes when I enter a battle. I did all the Win10 tweaks mentioned, but it still doesn't work.
    I move the Roman army near Hannibal a bit south, then move units from Rome to the army and attack Hannibal, then when I press the button to fight the battle in the battle map, the game crashes.
    I first did a clean install, then installed RS2.5 then 3.0 beta. I selected the formations from the Launcher for Alexander. I use the Alexander exe with no-cd fix.

What should I do?

EDIT: Ok, for some reason, when I use BI exe, the game loads 1/5 of the battle and then crashes.
    Be sure and check out this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-on-newer-PC-s

Lot of useful info here, and also the Windows 10 solutions thread. It has really gotten hard to figure out what some problems are since Windows and Steam both have caused their own issues with RSII\III.

All I can say is that I currently have four working installs of RSIII using the same installers you guys are. I do, however, run this on Windows 7. So I can only pass along problems or solutions others have encountered with other versions of Windows.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Be sure and check out this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-on-newer-PC-s

Lot of useful info here, and also the Windows 10 solutions thread. It has really gotten hard to figure out what some problems are since Windows and Steam both have caused their own issues with RSII\III.

All I can say is that I currently have four working installs of RSIII using the same installers you guys are. I do, however, run this on Windows 7. So I can only pass along problems or solutions others have encountered with other versions of Windows.
    I've googled all day for fixes and searched TWC as well. No luck. I guess it has something to do with Win10 then. RS 2.6 used to work without a problem.

Hi guys,
    On the battle map, the game is smoothest and flowing as crystal water but once I'm on the campaign map, I've got a seriously poor scrolling ability. At first, it was just impossible, too much lag so I reduced my resolution to 1024X768X16, disable widescreen & campaign map shadows, it became much better, still it's a bit "scratchy"
    Any more parameters that I could slower down to fix that ?

(I have a Intel Iris chipset with 1536 mo of VRAM... I know I know, but RTW is the only game I play so...)

Strange. I wanted to add some units again that I had in the previous installment, which worked very well, but after I did that the game crashes a few minutes later after starting into the campaign. Without any specific report, only "encountered a problem". I don't know what's wrong, because it worked before. I only switched 4 units...

neep's Avatar Tiro

Welp, looks like I'm staying inside this summer

Answers are Optional, we can always figure this out on our own as we go along...

Is building up Akragas and completing the Palace there still needed to trigger the N&N legions ?

Is there any change to the Rebellion mechanism ?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Hi guys,
    On the battle map, the game is smoothest and flowing as crystal water but once I'm on the campaign map, I've got a seriously poor scrolling ability. At first, it was just impossible, too much lag so I reduced my resolution to 1024X768X16, disable widescreen & campaign map shadows, it became much better, still it's a bit "scratchy"
    Any more parameters that I could slower down to fix that ?

(I have a Intel Iris chipset with 1536 mo of VRAM... I know I know, but RTW is the only game I play so...)
    In this folder: ....\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Strat_Trees

You will find a 'reduced lag' folder. Copy that file into the 'data' directory. It should help considerably.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Regarding my issue, nevermind. I fixed it. It was a conflict with the ownership of one unit in the DRF. Working like a charm now! It's so awesome!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

So, the installation process has been successful and at least for now everything seems to be working fine. There is just one thing... I can't actually see the Athenian faction available for selection. Neither as one of the main factions, nor the swap ones. There is, however, a folder named Play_Athens in the main directory.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    In this folder: ....\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Strat_Trees

You will find a 'reduced lag' folder. Copy that file into the 'data' directory. It should help considerably.
    You guys have thought about everything ! It's working perfectly now, thanks a lot dvk !

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    So, the installation process has been successful and at least for now everything seems to be working fine. There is just one thing... I can't actually see the Athenian faction available for selection. Neither as one of the main factions, nor the swap ones. There is, however, a folder named Play_Athens in the main directory.
    You'll find it when you select "Battles and Multiplayer", click on the arrow near "Select a faction" and then you'll see it as the third option to choose from, Play_Athens.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane1 View Post
    You'll find it when you select "Battles and Multiplayer", click on the arrow near "Select a faction" and then you'll see it as the third option to choose from, Play_Athens.
    Here it is indeed! Cheers!

Tiro

Can I use any material in this folder Roma Surrectum 3.0\Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF (especially Data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\EDU changes)?

And can one remind me or point me where roman barracks system is explained (roman/allied barracks, requirements for building them, etc.)

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Was there anybody thought that "rometw-alx.exe" in RSIII folder caused crash when overriding the old RomeTW-ALX.exe in vanilla Alexander Expansion folder in Steam app.

Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast