Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    It could be anything laddie, more information will be needed if you want help. Do you use steam? what is your OS? 1-turn or 0-turn? what size units? what are your settings? how powerful is your processor? have you remembered to start the script each time you restart? these are only some questions that could be asked there are several more
    Uhhh wasnt exactly expecting help, great team support!!

Yhea so l use steam, play the pre set campaign and every single time my script is running.

l play with almost everything on low expect for terrain quality and troop details. l got the units set up to huge scale and my processor is decente for RTW - Nvidia 520 and 6 GB RAM, the game never lags on the settings l play, only in large scale battles when l close in the units (in rare ocasations my game crashes when l do this)

Yhea so like lm fighting and l close in the Romans units and their body just desapears and only stays the round shawdow on the floor (l got the shadows off) and the game crashes, also crashes if l dont close in but not that often though. lm playing agaisnt Roman legions now not the regular units

Also this hapened once, exactly the same problem on my Pontus campaign when fighting agaisnt the Selucids.

And today l had a new problem, every single time l do a siege battle where lm defeding in Kotais my game crashes. Like the battles goes smoothly until they start bringing down the wood walls on both side of the city, then the game crashes. It crashed for me when l zoomed on the units but even without zooming it crashes after they bring the walls down.

These bugs kind of suck cause l cant play in my campaigns since l really need to make these battles but l just simply cant =/

Haaaaaaaa also, is there any submod where you can outline each province in the campaign map so it easier to search for each resource?

The game doesnt do a good job telling which resources you have from the trade optinon in the city and l cant make good decisions where should l upgrade like the fish building or the olive one

Also really cool the fact that you made that, now you got a reason to look at resources of each province and its a fun aspect of the mod!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

I am assuming you are playing RSIII so 1) have you installed the 3.1 patch? this must be installed or you will have constant problems 2) open your desktop icon and scroll down to "properties" and check the target line looks like this if the word WONDERS is in the target line come out and delete the desktop icon, go into your directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II/send to > click on "shortcut to desktop" come out and back to your desktop and you should be good to go. 3) Have you installed the mod correctly? this sounds suspiciously like an incorrect install you may have to uninstall and start all over again.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 09, 2018 at 11:31 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Senator

Have been playing 3.1 as Greek Cities, having lots of weird forced ceasefires without diplomats from me or my enemies doing anything? Next turn, back at war. Has happened with conflicts against both Pergamon and Sparta.

Also, the faction leader got the 'Imposter' trait for no reason. I had barely done anything - just a few turns in and he was suddenly an imposter. Any idea why these things might be happening?

Edit - also just had my first CTD when enslaving a settlement after I captured it following a successful defensive battle during the AI turn. Not using steam. Is this a known issue? Not had a problem enslaving before.
    Last edited by Larkin; March 14, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

I have just installed RSIII on windows 10, and it seems like it should be working. The launcher starts, and I get no error messages when I select the correct .exe. The only problem is that the game does not launch when I press play. The drumroll goes of, the launcher closes but nothing happens. I have also tried this with vanilla RTW BI, and I get much the same problem there. I really hope this is a known issue (if Im asking a question that has already been answered elsewhere I apologise) with an easy fix, because I really, really, really want to play this game again. I was really happy to see that RSIII was out. Thanks in advance for any advice, and even if I never get it working, thanks to the devs for all their amazing work.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Have been playing 3.1 as Greek Cities, having lots of weird forced ceasefires without diplomats from me or my enemies doing anything? Next turn, back at war. Has happened with conflicts against both Pergamon and Sparta.
    I remember the forced peace to be an added script so nations with only a couple of cities dont get blitzed in 1 turn, or so nations like sparta for example dont get destroyed instantly early game by bigger neighbors and still have some part to play in the world.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    I remember the forced peace to be an added script so nations with only a couple of cities dont get blitzed in 1 turn, or so nations like sparta for example dont get destroyed instantly early game by bigger neighbors and still have some part to play in the world.
    Ah yes, I do remember that now you mention it. Funny thing is, they are the aggressors to me! Thanks for the response.

Senator

Having a repeat crash unfortunately. End turn, my sieging army gets attacked. Auto resolving is a clear defeat so I fight the battle manually, win comfortably, but every time the game hangs for a few seconds and then crashes. One time I was able to choose 'enslave' for the newly captured settlement, but the other two it has crashed before I could choose an option. Any idea why it might repeatedly crash here/anyone else with a similar experience? Or am I doomed to have to back my army off and not fight that battle over that turn?

Quote Originally Posted by IVscythia View Post
    I have just installed RSIII on windows 10, and it seems like it should be working. The launcher starts, and I get no error messages when I select the correct .exe. The only problem is that the game does not launch when I press play. The drumroll goes of, the launcher closes but nothing happens. I have also tried this with vanilla RTW BI, and I get much the same problem there. I really hope this is a known issue (if Im asking a question that has already been answered elsewhere I apologise) with an easy fix, because I really, really, really want to play this game again. I was really happy to see that RSIII was out. Thanks in advance for any advice, and even if I never get it working, thanks to the devs for all their amazing work.
    Sorry but I can't help you as I got rid of Win 10 soon after upgrading and reverted back to Win 7 because it interfered with my games(non-steam), try this link it may help http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ible-Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Having a repeat crash unfortunately. End turn, my sieging army gets attacked. Auto resolving is a clear defeat so I fight the battle manually, win comfortably, but every time the game hangs for a few seconds and then crashes. One time I was able to choose 'enslave' for the newly captured settlement, but the other two it has crashed before I could choose an option. Any idea why it might repeatedly crash here/anyone else with a similar experience? Or am I doomed to have to back my army off and not fight that battle over that turn?
    There was a siege-battle bug hung over from vanilla iirc, but also you could try waiting 25-30 seconds to allow the script to process before choosing your settlement option of exterminate, enslave or occupy, this very often supplies the solution.
    You could also look at the 5th post down in this link, maybe give a clue to something you have not recognized, worth a try at least, good luck. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...h-%21%21%21%21
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 25, 2018 at 05:27 AM. Reason: typo

I hope this wasn't asked, I apologise if it was.I followed the youtube video (link below) , and when I try to launch RS3 I get this error that I couldn't find anywhere else:" Script Error in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 2984 "

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNOhyGx2NhQ

hello i have rome total war gold and Alexander on steam , i make the instalation of rome surrectum i select the launcher of thew mod , select faction etc, the game stars without problems select campaing, but when the camping stars the game crashes with every faction, what can i do, please i need help
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Quote Originally Posted by JOHANNES View Post
    hello i have rome total war gold and Alexander on steam , i make the instalation of rome surrectum i select the launcher of thew mod , select faction etc, the game stars without problems select campaing, but when the camping stars the game crashes with every faction, what can i do, please i need help
    Usually it is because of one of these reasons> 1) have you added the 3.1 patch 2) if so open the desktop icon>scroll to properties and open>it should look something like thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Properties.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	352446,if the word WONDERS is in the target line(hilighted) delete the icon>go to your directory/launcher/RomaSurrectumII/send>shortcut to desktop> exit out>go to desktop and try to start from icon 3) did you touch on the "click to change vegetation quality" tab(hilighted) at any time Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vege qlty.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	352447 , if so re-install the 3.1 patch again and try to start your game and NEVER touch this tab again as it causes a ctd. 4) incorrect install. Sorry but I don't use steam so if it is related to that I can't help in that area.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 09, 2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

Everytime i want to play a battle i get a CTD, the game has worked as a charm up until now. I have played battles earlier and they have worked, but suddenly the game seems to CTD on me no matter what i do?
    Extremely need of help. Ok, itīs naggering playing battle after battle but sometimes you really want to try out that new unit or something little extra.

And what is this 3.1 patch people are talking about? I thought there was just RSIII Beta 3.0? Have i missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    And what is this 3.1 patch people are talking about? I thought there was just RSIII Beta 3.0? Have i missed something?
    Probably the reason why you are having ctd's is if you have not added the patch https://mega.nz/#!WQE2WK7L!4lNfydq3y...r3JriHSnFPidtQ download and extract into your directory, I cannot remember if it is savegame compatible.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 23, 2018 at 01:42 AM. Reason: typo

Tiberius S. Gracchus's Avatar Laetus

Hello!
    Sorry for my english. I'm from Russia, using Google-translator ...
    I'm playing in Roma Surrectum III (3.1) - No Steam.
    Everything is fine, but ...After the end of the battle for Edessa, as well as - the battle for Carthage, there is a crash with such a mistake -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imperial1524708702_bandicam_2018-04-26_04-57-39-425.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	352929
    What textures can not be distinguished by the program - it's not clear ...
    Can you suggest anything in this regard if you encounter such a problem?
    And today, playing for a separate faction, the city of Athens - faced with a flight to the desktop, trying to see the city on a tactical map ... Accompanying the flight of such a mistake -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82f4f-clip-24kb.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	352930
    Can you suggest solutions to the problem or give some information about working on bugs from the developers?
    Concerning the assembly Rome Total War + Roma Surrectum III - all recommendations and instructions are observed, there are no other problems. Only these problems, which sometimes complain to other users... In particular, on one famous ru.-resource, where I attend ... Also in this thread I met complaints about the flights ...
    I apologize if such questions and answers to them have already been voiced, but not knowing the language it is difficult to cover the whole topic. It is possible that I missed the discussion of the same problems, do not blame me.
    I would be grateful for the answer and once again I apologize for my awful English.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Ok so sorry if this problem is repeated again (i did not read all the posts) but the Barbarian Stone Wall has huge pathing problem. My units basically wont climb any tower or ladder after they get to the walls, they will try to go inside the wall or around it, making it a huge chaos. The only way to get through is breaking the walls :/

Guys, such question, who can knows. Is it possible to change the number of units in the army? In Rome 2, this is done through EditSF, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by gannibalbarka216 View Post
    Guys, such question, who can knows. Is it possible to change the number of units in the army? In Rome 2, this is done through EditSF, for example.
    Yes, in the launcher, go to > Edit RS2 preferences, then scroll down until you see Unit size, where you can change it.