Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Thanks Tedric. It is right that I am playing really fast, even so if I do not realize that in process, I could have spend 15-20 turns without any land battle and « big » turns, just organizing, consolidating my empire, planning for the next foe to deal with, but the counterblow of it is that when I'm launched, I can act as a steamroller, blitzing the enemy and at the end reach to the « victory » quickly (as for Rome in this campaign, they were very weak because they never expand beyond Bononia on the east, in less that 20 turns, they have been cooked and I took their last city Akragas. Ironically, this is where I will stop with this campaign like a « beyond the grave » roman vengeance ! Urbs is omnipotent ).

Also I am saving a lot without keeping enough time between two saves. I rarely restart the game during long phases of gameplay, reloading saves instead of get back with a fresh clean memory...

I will take your advices in consideration for my coming Parthian campaign. Sadly though that I will be unable to confront myself with this huge greek military power ! I hope I will see that kind of power again, this was unprecedent to me, maybe because I don't let enough time to the AI to really flourish and manage to establish powerful empires.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I cannot emphasize enpugh how important it is to save, save, and save again. And I don't mean saving to the SAME save file...I mean creating new ones every time. RTW has a nasty penchant for corrupting its own saves, as well as making misc 'boo-boos' on its own during campaigns. The thing is, it doesn't happen all the time...in fact its probably uncommon. But Murphy's Law of RTW is that 'when you least want your precious campaign to crash and burn, RTW will kill it'. So I create a new save file every time I play a few turns, and sometimes, when I've just fought an exhaustive battle I do not want to fight again, I'll save just to make sure. Also, as much as all of us say: Run the script....over and over...even I have forgotten, and then watched as my campaign died before my eyes! Having a recent save to go back to has saved every one of my campaigns.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Also, there's a memory leak or something odd, so it helps to close the game and restart. Otherwise you're risking crashes, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I cannot emphasize enpugh how important it is to save, save, and save again. And I don't mean saving to the SAME save file...I mean creating new ones every time. RTW has a nasty penchant for corrupting its own saves, as well as making misc 'boo-boos' on its own during campaigns. The thing is, it doesn't happen all the time...in fact its probably uncommon. But Murphy's Law of RTW is that 'when you least want your precious campaign to crash and burn, RTW will kill it'. So I create a new save file every time I play a few turns, and sometimes, when I've just fought an exhaustive battle I do not want to fight again, I'll save just to make sure. Also, as much as all of us say: Run the script....over and over...even I have forgotten, and then watched as my campaign died before my eyes! Having a recent save to go back to has saved every one of my campaigns.
    Message received !

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

My "saves" folder, recent Roman campaign - I'm saving at the end of every turn (ok, almost every turn ) :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saves.JPG  

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    My "saves" folder, recent Roman campaign - I'm saving at the end of every turn (ok, almost every turn ) :
    Very good! Almost exactly the way I save.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

When you play as Athens all the building pictures (When you right click on a building) are white

This is a common problem from vanilla RTW and is not fixable.

Its only temporary, click around on other stuff and you should get the pics at some point.

It happens for units too, and for all factions.

Sometimes you see them, sometimes you dont.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

fableofsea's Avatar Civis

It does this on every nation and one 0 or 1 turn campaigns. So don't worry and keep playing.
    Party hard and pillage!

First of all I'd like to thank you for releasing the next version of this amazing mod. I really like it and It's incredible how a 2004 game can be still amazing to play.
    Now I have some issues to report. I am using RSIII for a steam version with the Alexander.exe.
    Fist thing after I set everything to the max quality level I don't know why but city buildings cards have a lower texture details than building cards in RS2.6
    Secondly how can I see Uniqued Cities without fighting battles in them? when I try to utilize the button to see a the city battle map the game crashes.
    Lastly I tryed to follow the instructions to play Custom battles but It still doesn't work.
    Thank you in advance

Is there worse graphic in RS3? i recently played 2.6 and it was smooth (Quad4 processor 3GHZ) and lush atmospheric graphics, but when i update to RS3 the graphics
    are WORSE? i mean it looks almost like vanilla, not at alla like the promises in the RS3-Thread started in late 2015. How do i get the good graphics back?

And also wouldnt it be cool to have the polybians 240 troops in one "manipel" to emulate the 80-soldiers standard? from start?
    I almost every time edit the unit_descr.txt to buffer up the soldiers in one manipel...

Seeems that i located the culprint!

--31. Down-sized almost all textures over 512x512 to increase performance....the difference is noticeable on both the Strat and the battlefield.

Well, i think you downsized it to much, now it looks like baby-puke, not coherent like the promises made in late 2015.
    But that is clearly reedemable, for say to make more troops playable by start,
    or at least make AI-Reinforcements playabable (as a whole) not as single unit when the enter the battlefield?

I mean come on, many of us sitting with high end computers, and now the graphics looks worse than in 2.6
    seems to me like a game-changer, as it is (current bad graphics quality (se thread 31 above) im going back to RS2.6
    and have ordered Alexander for a slight boost for the AI (versus BI)...

ahahaha mate keep calm remember that this is all free and they weren't obligated to do such a beautiful mod, if it has some problems it's normal
    anyway thank you for telling me why I looked downgraded. Finally I don't agree too at this decision they made.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsnipers View Post
    ahahaha mate keep calm remember that this is all free and they weren't obligated to do such a beautiful mod, if it has some problems it's normal
    anyway thank you for telling me why I looked downgraded. Finally I don't agree too at this decision they made.
    -I think he was willing to compete with SPQR and also (possible) with the RSRVII-team, they has also similar
    ideas about the backdrop and very low resolution.

Although i love the long battles in SPQR i also love the tactical simulation, and
    the historical accuracy in RS a tiny bit more.

BUT what im absolutetly adore is the hugh amount of troops in RS 2.6 its almost (when enabling unlitmited men)
    as IF you were the generals themself, and offcourse the accuracy of annex and assimilation and the
    Roman Citisen-ship granted.

Although i love all that, i think he backfired and started at was the competiors did, (and didnt)
    well i think he should have had more stomach, and what made RS 2.6 great was the.

1.high textured floor filling grass etc, very very good.
    2.huge amount of troops
    3.historical accuracy
    4.tactical planning (although the rebel taking over every city...well even that is probible a tiny bit accurate).

I can probably give 3 more reasons so to say my reason is not reasonable is
    the very reason i have written this far!

So i am very calm, but i think he should have given us the ability
    to have high textured floor art/grass as before (RS 2.6) floor-art higher tiling art texture etc.
    in the RS 3 launcher...

Now it looks like... well small chunks of square bits of.unknown substance...

Patrician

Almost all textures in the original RTW were either 64x64, 128x128 or 256x256. Almost all in RSIII are 512x512...so there's no way this could look like Vanilla, because even at 512x512 these are high resolution textures. Where I changed the size of textures from 1024x1024 (and even a few from 2028x2048) to 512 was mostly for building textures and unit textures. For example, I found one texture for a Strat character that was 1024x1024....that makes no sense because the character is so small that any additional texture size is unnoticeable. The same goes for battlefield units....they are so small that the additional size of the texture makes no difference.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Almost all textures in the original RTW were either 64x64, 128x128 or 256x256. Almost all in RSIII are 512x512...so there's no way this could look like Vanilla, because even at 512x512 these are high resolution textures. Where I changed the size of textures from 1024x1024 (and even a few from 2028x2048) to 512 was mostly for building textures and unit textures. For example, I found one texture for a Strat character that was 1024x1024....that makes no sense because the character is so small that any additional texture size is unnoticeable. The same goes for battlefield units....they are so small that the additional size of the texture makes no difference.
    I was dilluted in my formulation, the problem only occurs in RS3 battlemap, strategymap i dont care about,
    but battlemap is especially picky.

I meant the battlefloor tiling (the grass) etc, when im looking at the 2.6 version it looked good.
    I mean, why do you have to cover up the tiling with huge amount of grass to cover the squary pixeleted floortilings?

Nevertheless, i will give it a second try when my Alex.exe arrives in an anthology-disc-package...

Patrician

Can you tell me which climate this occurs in..or at least give me an idea where on the map this occurs, and I'll have a look.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Can you tell me which climate this occurs in..or at least give me an idea where on the map this occurs, and I'll have a look.
    Will do!

Just have to wait for anthology pack to arrive,,,

Quote Originally Posted by romavictoria View Post
    Will do!

Just have to wait for anthology pack to arrive,,,
    Alex.exe arrived an in ordinary order:

1.No weird tilings=no looks good, actually very good! BI and 3.0 vas weird (or was it me and some weird setting)...
    2.Improved AI=much better than BI.exe ( a small boost) ..very cool, flanking manouvers and trying to help other troops...cool, cool cool!...
    3.Purchase the steam anthology package, much more fun to play than ordinary BI.
    as to say about steam installation, well many write the installation WRONG; totally wrong.

How you do is as follows, its very easy, but done wrong.
    1.Copy the Alex CONTENT, (not the folder back into the BI/GOLD folder, overwrite everything).
    2.Dont install it in the C:/root, install it in the document/folder instead! otherwise weird things will happen!!!...
    3.Install 2.5, install 3 (3.1) enjoy!
    4.Done! (dont have to fipple with strange settings) just remember to deactive the antialias and set the settings

to high (for the most part) it will crash if you have ultrahigh.
    5. As a bonus for playing with Alex.exe you got formation, improved AI and much more!...
    This mod should be mandatory for every historical battle-nerd out there...

Well done dvk901, very well done!
    Although the intro screens its not that bad,, you get used to it,but i preferred the old ones,
    but that is just a matter of taste nothing that downgrades this formidable upgrade (playing 3.0)
    just beating Hannibal with reinforcments from every settlement)...

-No worry!

The problems seems to be erradicated with Alex.exe, and improved graphical boost as well as the AI itself.
    Well done dvk you hit the mark, now i can play with grass setting high as well to, now is see what you planned
    but it should have been more obvious!...