Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

No I spent a pretty penny on this laptop, plus I use it for work/ college so need more up to date software as I use Microsoft Office a lot and most of my College apps are only compatible with Windows 8 and above. Don't get me wrong, Roma Surrectum runs extremely well on this laptop but fire animations, over sensitive mouse are some of the compromises I have to take. There's no issues with M2TW, but RTW is a different story, at least I have it running. Thanks for the PM too mate, a great help

Are the moddb Steam instructions just wrong??

I believe i followed them exactly.

STEAM USERS ONLY:
    RSIII will NOT work at all with the Steam versions of RTW or BI. So, if you must play RSIII in Steam, you will need a copy of the RTW Alexander expansion. Recommended installation:
    1. Copy the contents of the Rome Total War Alexander folder to another folder, ie., 'C:\games\RSIII' or something like that.
    2. Rename the 'Alexander' folder 'No_Alexander' or something similar, if you want to play Custom Battles.
    3. Then install RSIII into this folder.
    4. Use the launcher to play.

"1. Copy the contents of the Rome Total War Alexander folder to another folder, ie., 'C:\games\RSIII' or something like that."
    Copied the contents of my alexander steam install to recommended area.

2. Rename the 'Alexander' folder 'No_Alexander' or something similar, if you want to play Custom Battles.
    Since I don't need custom battles I dont rename alexander to "no_alexander"

3. Then install RSIII into this folder.
    I then run the RS 3.1 installer into the alexander folder

Its looks good but then when I choose faction and hit play I get this ???
    Are moddb instructions outdated or is there more instructions somewhere?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by supercid87 View Post
    Are the moddb Steam instructions just wrong??

I believe i followed them exactly.
    You could try using this tutorial made by Gudea TW. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIKSmpCKHQ&t=333s
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 30, 2021 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

While that method didnt work after experimenting for a bit I got it working. I tried the modfoldered approach but was still getting problems.

So I then installed it directly into the Rome Total War Alexander folder overwriting the base-game files and it works now. Will just have to reinstall alexander if I dont want it as RSIII.

Not sure how to edit posts but while i did get it to launch it crashes on starting the campaign lol. Back to the drawing board.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by supercid87 View Post
    While that method didnt work after experimenting for a bit I got it working. I tried the modfoldered approach but was still getting problems.

So I then installed it directly into the Rome Total War Alexander folder overwriting the base-game files and it works now. Will just have to reinstall alexander if I dont want it as RSIII.
    That's good news mate. RS is not modfoldered so I would say that approach shouldn't work. I don't use steam at all for my mods of which I have 14, they're all installed in their own individual folders in a partitioned section of my hard drive and have very little issues. I have a fresh, clean and unmodded RTW Anthology/M2TW copy in my programs(x86) which I c&p into said partition and then add the mod of my choice, I've done this for several years.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 30, 2021 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Hello, thanks for this amazing mod.

I have question regarding RS 2.6 (i am sorry for telling it here but i think RS 2.6 and 3 don't have much difference).

It seems the problem with AI not dishing enough unit on the field because they keep recruiting many spies and assasins, which cost a lot.

Therefore discard their advantage of +5k per turn in Hard and +10k per turn in VH. Maybe we can disable spy and assasin in future patch to get rid of this problem altogether.

So I've recently reinstalled the steam version of RTW gold and modded over to the Roma Surrectum 3 port, my issue is ive been using the 5 good emperors garrison script and it just randomly crashes throughout my play through. Is their any way to fix it so RS3 so it can play on the steam version?

I've started a new 1 Turn campaign as Rome with RSIII and I am over 80 turns in. Everything was normal until about the last dozen turns when I noticed the actual construction cost of buildings changed to something wildly different from their cost displayed in the building ui and in the files.

For example, I right-clicked on a building which was available to construct so that the popup would show the detailed ui with its effects and description. In that menu the cost was displayed in the top left as 15000. But when I hovered over the building icon in the menu it showed that to actually build it would cost me 25800. And when I clicked to add it to the queue it took 25800 out of my treasury.
    Then I checked the other buildings in that city and they were all the same: around 60% cost increase for each one.
    Then I checked the governor of that city and saw he only has traits to reduce building costs.
    Then I checked all my other cities and there was the same price increase for every building in every one.

The only time the actual price matched the original price was when I took the governors out of cities.

It's not the background script because that's running. And I don't remember this happening when I played RSIII as Macedon.

What is going on? How can I fix this?