Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    I seem to be getting a CTD after trying to initiate the Marian Reforms. When I end the turn before the Imperial Palace is to be finished, I get a CTD at random points along the AI's turns. Regardless, it always happens before the next turn starts. When I remove the palace from the building queue, I do not get a CTD.
    This, sadly, is almost a 99% confirmation that the Script is not being run - for that's exactly what happens.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Dammit I was sure I clicked the portrait every time. Is there some way to salvage this?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Dammit I was sure I clicked the portrait every time. Is there some way to salvage this?
    Sadly no, not really, once the script is corrupted there is no going back..unless you have all your savegames and restart from an earlier one and get lucky that you have gone back far enough, there's no way of determining easily, because the corruption can start at anytime after omitting to trigger the background script. If there is another way I am not aware of it, but if there is, ur-Lord Tedric will know, he is the master of solutions on this mod.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 14, 2019 at 01:03 AM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

No - I'm sorry.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

That's understandable. Perhaps you can help me out with something else? I started a new campaign, but I've had a little glitch. One of my navies somehow moved onto land and is now stuck next to Rome - I would just delete it, but of course it must be docked, which it isn't. Is there a solution to this?

That's understandable. Perhaps you can help me out with something else? I started a new campaign, but I've had a little glitch. One of my navies somehow moved onto land and is now stuck next to Rome - I would just delete it, but of course it must be docked, which it isn't. Is there a solution to this?
    I'm sorry, but I've never come across this before. If it won't simply move off again; then deleting may be the only option...

Would you happen to know how I can disband a navy that is not docked? I've googled it but none of the answers address this particular issue.

Senator

Has Rome no "Move_character" cheat?

Laetus

Hi
    Randomly I get a ctd right after finishing battle and leaving the results screen. Message says "Generic error: Unable to allocate texture for the UI. It is therefore impossible to open the UI. display-open () will fail gracefully." I am using no steam version with BI, 4 turns py and latin voice mod pack. If anyone knows how to resolve that...

hey, where can i download the latest version of RSIII? i have my RTW on Steam, is there a problem with that? thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by chitty258 View Post
    hey, where can i download the latest version of RSIII? i have my RTW on Steam, is there a problem with that? thank you very much
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Released! don't forget to add the 3.1 patch on the same page.

You will need the Alexander expansion as it cannot work on RTW/BI exe's, also if you want to play 4tpy campaign you will find the link on post #39 of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-RS-III/page2

Quote Originally Posted by peych13 View Post
    Hi
    Randomly I get a ctd right after finishing battle and leaving the results screen. Message says "Generic error: Unable to allocate texture for the UI. It is therefore impossible to open the UI. display-open () will fail gracefully." I am using no steam version with BI, 4 turns py and latin voice mod pack. If anyone knows how to resolve that...
    I would suggest that you may have a corrupt install of RTW. copy and paste your saves in a folder outside of the directory, uninstall everything re-install, and then drop your saves back in and see if that fixes it.

Hi, since today whenever i try to load a battle rs3 throws me back to desktetop, without an error or anything. The campaign map works perfectly, the script seems to be active (got the one extra currency) and yesterday battles worked just fine. It happens no matter who i fight or under what condition. Does anyone know a fix for my problem? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by assassine View Post
    Hi, since today whenever i try to load a battle rs3 throws me back to desktetop, without an error or anything. The campaign map works perfectly, the script seems to be active (got the one extra currency) and yesterday battles worked just fine. It happens no matter who i fight or under what condition. Does anyone know a fix for my problem? Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like the 'classic' - Windows doesn't like what you're doing and is defending itself...

Are you running connected to the Internet and using AV/AM software?

Domesticus

After over a year away from RS, I've returned to slaughter roman scum.

However, there's a couple of issues that are bugging me:
    - my Launcher refuses to save any changes. My particular issue here is that "show_ne" thing you wrote in the box so one could easily alt-tab.
    - there seems to be a more or less set number of turns the game operates for until it crashes.

What I've done differently from last time? I'm using B.I this time and I've installed the 4tpy mod.

Any tips?

Sooo, I have been way from RS for a long time. I came back and found RS III which made me very happy. So far I am having a blast and it is running very smoothly. I played a fair bit of a Selucid and Dacian campaign and so didn't notice this issue. Now maybe I am just being special but I have recently started a Roman Campaign and have now noticed that I can build government determination and that is it. Which does somewhat reduce my recruitment options. Am I just being special, is there a hidden requirement i have missed or have i messed up something.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by fklm View Post
    Sooo, I have been way from RS for a long time. I came back and found RS III which made me very happy. So far I am having a blast and it is running very smoothly. I played a fair bit of a Selucid and Dacian campaign and so didn't notice this issue. Now maybe I am just being special but I have recently started a Roman Campaign and have now noticed that I can build government determination and that is it. Which does somewhat reduce my recruitment options. Am I just being special, is there a hidden requirement i have missed or have i messed up something.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello laddie, in Arretium, Cannae, Capua,Tarentum & Crotona you have to build LEX ET JUSTITIA then make your choice. In Ariminum, Emporiae, Rhegion & Dyrrhachium the population has to reach 6000 then build the Palace of the Legatus Propraetor first. Aleria & Caralis plus all settlements on Sicily are already Annexed. This for is 0-turn campaign, with 1-turn several of the settlements are at a different starting position but the format is the same. Hope this helps.

More info: If you want to play 4tpy campaign you will find the link on post #39 of this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-RS-III/page2
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 08, 2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    After over a year away from RS, I've returned to slaughter roman scum.

However, there's a couple of issues that are bugging me:
    - my Launcher refuses to save any changes. My particular issue here is that "show_ne" thing you wrote in the box so one could easily alt-tab.
    - there seems to be a more or less set number of turns the game operates for until it crashes.

What I've done differently from last time? I'm using B.I this time and I've installed the 4tpy mod.

Any tips?
    Hello Grimbold haven't seen you stalking Romancentrists around the forum for while ...have you tried deleting your desktop icon and sending another shortcut from your directory/launcher/Roma Surrectum II? no guarantees I'm afraid but I remember doing this waaaaay back and it worked

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Hello Grimbold haven't seen you stalking Romancentrists around the forum for while ...
    Well you know me, I'm avid collector of roman eagle standards (and heads). In fact, if you'll excuse, Rome is funneling their precious legions into Byzantium. I must prepare their welcome.

Is this mod still being developed ?