Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: RSIII problems and bugs

Default Re: RSIII problems and bugs

I guess I need to be more clear with my post. I believe your installation for RS III is broken.

There are two types of images and two folders for buildings UI images. "Buildings" folder contains image 78x62 pixels that is used at the bottom of the screen when selecting towns. "Construction" folder contains image 64x51 pixels used on scroll when selecting which building to construct.

Your "buildings" folder contains some 64x51 pixels images now which is wrong (For example #ROMAN_WOODEN_PALLISADE.TGA). All UI images in that folder should be 78x62. Everything is fine in "Construction" folder. This makes me believe you accidentally overwritten buildings folder with construction folder?

I checked your RS 2.5 installation and everything is in order there so i'm using everything except UI folder in RS III now.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

OMG! You are absolutely right! I never noticed that. I will fix that asap. Thanks for pointing that out.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello, good afternoon. Can you please add camel units on Roma Surrectum III please? it's about time. ty.

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    OMG! You are absolutely right! I never noticed that. I will fix that asap. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Glad i could help.

The fact noone saw this after 4 months RSIII is out is disturbing lol.

some of the building pictures and soldiers do not show up, how can I fix this?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Elephants View Post
    Hello, good afternoon. Can you please add camel units on Roma Surrectum III please? it's about time. ty.

Best Regards.
    Camels were removed from RSIII because camels were not used as war mounts during this era....they were pack animals, widely used by the Parthians to carry arrows to the battles, but not fighting in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scintannicus View Post
    some of the building pictures and soldiers do not show up, how can I fix this?
    The RTW UI 'cache'....or place in memory where unit and building cards are stored, was made too small for how the game was later modified to have many more units and buildings. In fact, all unit after about 435 in EDU will not show up at all...ever. The solution to this is to switch to a different city, look at the cards, and then switch back to the previous one. Almost always, this will cause a 'refresh' in the cache and the cards will appear. There is no fixing this otherwise.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello. First of all, a big thanks for the continuation of this great mod. But i have a problem with CTD. I play with 3.1 use the RTW.exe and play as roman in 0 turn campaign. All works fine, won the first battle against hannibal and after the battle at 90 % of the loadingbar i got this one:

Generic Error:

Unable to allocate a texture for the UI. It is therefore impossible to open the UI. display_open() will fail gracefully.

I had this ctd one time, today i start the battle again, won nearly the same victory and no ctd. Then i fought the next battle against maharbal and the same happened after the battle in the loading screen. Can someone help me please.

one more thing, I noticed that the roman artillery only has one artillery piece, was this intentional because this is an open beta or am I doing something wrong with unit sizes, which I have at the highest setting for.

No, it's intended. Before 3.0, every artillery unit had 3 units of artillery, but this caused problems for the AI. It had problems with their movement, especially in wooden areas where it could happen that they got stuck into something and that produced huge amounts of lag, as the computer tried to calculate where it was and to find a new route but failed.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I found an old problem. On the strategic map all double names are with underscore. To fix this you must in ...data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names remove all underscores on the right side. That will be way aesthetic.
    Last edited by tiepilot98; September 03, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

I found a few more minor issues with meshes and textures. Not sure if they're fixable at all, but I thought I'd report them anyways.
    1. Weird lighting issue on walls

2. The walls of this village are buried under the hill (Taurasia iirc). A bit problematic for defense^^. Interestingly, the walls/door can still be broken by artillery (haven't tried rams), and troops can pass through.

3. Image is self explanatory

4. This one is different. While pursuing these routing units, I noticed the cavalry was running until it reached the back of the enemy unit, killed one or two soldiers, then turned around, ran the other way, and repeat. Really weird and frustrating issue, which only happened on this map. It happened for several enemy units, so I don't think it was caused by a glitch due to a single unit.

5. Another lighting issue
    Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

The armour stats of the Thracian Pezoi and Chosen Pezoi are switched - the Chozen Pezoi are supposed to be more heavily armored, but the regular Pezoi have the higher stat (6 vs.9). This is in a Bosporus campaign, but the error is present in at least several other EDUs.

Also, it's a little weird, playing as Macedon, not to be able to recruit Thessalian cavalry in Thessaly itself (recruitment condition is area 8, yet Thessaly is just south of it).
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

tiepilot98, the underscore usage is intended for some script shenanigans , if i recall well

Playing the 1 turn Syracuse campaign, you don't get any noticable high income at your capital at all. This forces you to blitz the Romans and having a very hard time to survive financially. Is this intented or a bug?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiß View Post
    Hello. First of all, a big thanks for the continuation of this great mod. But i have a problem with CTD. I play with 3.1 use the RTW.exe and play as roman in 0 turn campaign. All works fine, won the first battle against hannibal and after the battle at 90 % of the loadingbar i got this one:

Generic Error:

Unable to allocate a texture for the UI. It is therefore impossible to open the UI. display_open() will fail gracefully.

I had this ctd one time, today i start the battle again, won nearly the same victory and no ctd. Then i fought the next battle against maharbal and the same happened after the battle in the loading screen. Can someone help me please.
    Well, this is a new one..I've never seen that error. How deep is your install 'path'? If it's not very deep, I would suggest that you may have a corrupt install of RTW. Save your saves, re-install, and then plug in your saves. See if that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scintannicus View Post
    one more thing, I noticed that the roman artillery only has one artillery piece, was this intentional because this is an open beta or am I doing something wrong with unit sizes, which I have at the highest setting for.
    Equipment units, because of the way they are 'strung' together, cause multiple pathfinding issues. The change was made to lessen this, and also to encourage the AI to recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by tiepilot98 View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I found an old problem. On the strategic map all double names are with underscore. To fix this you must in ...data/text/imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names remove all underscores on the right side. That will be way '.
    It may be more 'aesthetic' to be without them, but it causes problems for scripting and for using the console to identify the region.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaCreeper View Post
    I found a few more minor issues with meshes and textures. Not sure if they're fixable at all, but I thought I'd report them anyways.
    1. Weird lighting issue on walls

2. The walls of this village are buried under the hill (Taurasia iirc). A bit problematic for defense^^. Interestingly, the walls/door can still be broken by artillery (haven't tried rams), and troops can pass through.

3. Image is self explanatory

4. This one is different. While pursuing these routing units, I noticed the cavalry was running until it reached the back of the enemy unit, killed one or two soldiers, then turned around, ran the other way, and repeat. Really weird and frustrating issue, which only happened on this map. It happened for several enemy units, so I don't think it was caused by a glitch due to a single unit.

5. Another lighting issue
    1. It's the way the model uses the texture...and by that I mean..it's stupid. All of the wall models in RTW are of poor quality.
    2. This is because, with the Hillfort, the walls are 'off' the settlement model. Tone set these walls up and I was never able to change them. Because they don't set on the settlement model (which flattens the ground), they sometimes get sunk into the ground, or even raised off the ground a bit.
    3. Again, this is because of either the EB wall model, or the way RTW plces the walls. Can't be fixed.
    4. This behavior is annoying, and I've yet to find a reason for it. It all started happening when I installed Rome2 on my computer. Just kidding. When and if I find out what's causing that, I will definitely fix it!
    5. Those are Jarlaxe's models.....and yes, the shadows are absent. Quite a few buildings are like that. It's a design thing, I guess. Don't know a thing about modelling...wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    The armour stats of the Thracian Pezoi and Chosen Pezoi are switched - the Chozen Pezoi are supposed to be more heavily armored, but the regular Pezoi have the higher stat (6 vs.9). This is in a Bosporus campaign, but the error is present in at least several other EDUs.

Also, it's a little weird, playing as Macedon, not to be able to recruit Thessalian cavalry in Thessaly itself (recruitment condition is area 8, yet Thessaly is just south of it).
    I will check this out and correct. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Playing the 1 turn Syracuse campaign, you don't get any noticable high income at your capital at all. This forces you to blitz the Romans and having a very hard time to survive financially. Is this intented or a bug?
    Again, I will check this out and maybe give them a boost.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Again, I will check this out and maybe give them a boost.
    Much appreciated DVK, many thanks! I think an increase of 3-4k per turn should be enough for good players and allow you make other choices instead of attacking the romans straight away.

FYI
    I had to disband the siege unit and buy a ship to sink off my diplomat and spy because of their 1k combined unit upkeep. (after I got a trade agreement with carthage)
    Blitz the Romans from the second turn (first turn was used to upgrade some units, you really need it)

After a couple of turns I captured all settlements and after destroying all Roman buildings I was left with a major debt of around -4k, with income making up ~ 1k per turn. However, once the Romans start attacking it became almost impossible to built buildings.
    In second try decided to raid an Italian city, which gave me a lot of money which I used for building 2 mines and trying to get to `+1 weapons upgrade - but was soon attacked by a full spawned stack of 3xp silver/silver legionnaries. With all that I had, I could not win and decided to stop the campaign there.

BTW awesome work on this mod...I've been playing RTW since the beginning and this mod since 2.0...it's the best!

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Much appreciated DVK, many thanks! I think an increase of 3-4k per turn should be enough for good players and allow you make other choices instead of attacking the romans straight away.

FYI
    I had to disband the siege unit and buy a ship to sink off my diplomat and spy because of their 1k combined unit upkeep. (after I got a trade agreement with carthage)
    Blitz the Romans from the second turn (first turn was used to upgrade some units, you really need it)

After a couple of turns I captured all settlements and after destroying all Roman buildings I was left with a major debt of around -4k, with income making up ~ 1k per turn. However, once the Romans start attacking it became almost impossible to built buildings.
    In second try decided to raid an Italian city, which gave me a lot of money which I used for building 2 mines and trying to get to `+1 weapons upgrade - but was soon attacked by a full spawned stack of 3xp silver/silver legionnaries. With all that I had, I could not win and decided to stop the campaign there.

BTW awesome work on this mod...I've been playing RTW since the beginning and this mod since 2.0...it's the best!
    If you wouldn't mind doing a little testing for me in this campaign....open 'export_descr_buildings.txt' in Notepad or other text editor and do a search for:

medium_wealth

Once you find the last referrence, look for this line:

taxable_income_bonus bonus 1025 requires factions { greek_cities, } and hidden_resource area9 and hidden_resource r9

I bumped this up from 850 or so, so change it to 1025 and see how that works. If it's still too little, bump it up a bit and then let me know what works out to get you started at a minimum level.
    Don't want the number too high, because then you might get too much money later on.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Laetus

Campaign breaking earthquake. I'm not pleased by the earthquake which killed Hannibal a his full stack army and Azrubal and his 1/2 stack army in Southern Spain. I worked carefully to lead Hannibal back to Spain where he took Emporiae away from the Romans. He moved southeast where he was supported by Azrubal who came up from Africa. They had just defeated a large rebel army. I ended my turn and then discovered that an earthquake had killed both Generals and 2200 of their men. I will need to quit the campaign now since these troops were an essential part of my strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Lucian View Post
    Campaign breaking earthquake. I'm not pleased by the earthquake which killed Hannibal a his full stack army and Azrubal and his 1/2 stack army in Southern Spain. I worked carefully to lead Hannibal back to Spain where he took Emporiae away from the Romans. He moved southeast where he was supported by Azrubal who came up from Africa. They had just defeated a large rebel army. I ended my turn and then discovered that an earthquake had killed both Generals and 2200 of their men. I will need to quit the campaign now since these troops were an essential part of my strategy.
    That can't be considered a bug though, it could have happened in real life too. Just bad luck on their part .
    Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Lucian View Post
    It's probably due to those scripted earthquakes by our Roman-lover DVK, I've seen them happen quite often near my generals in my Carthage campaign. You could try to send DVK a private message asking your men back (and maybe if he's in a real good mood he'll undo the scripting for you)

All kidding aside, just reload an earlier safe (you should not overwrite saves because they can become bugged) and it's very likely it wont happen again.