Thread: How do I make a faction a vassal in descr_strat?

Default How do I make a faction a vassal in descr_strat?

What command do I use? I have no idea so I just tried something, I tried to write :
    faction_relationships hre, protector_of milan
    but this only made them allies. What should I write to make them vassal and liege?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: How do I make a faction a vassal in descr_stra

perhaps something like

faction_relationship milan, protectorit_of hre

Not quite sure, but maybe you need that one line also

I'll try and see if it works.

Thanks.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.

Default Re: How do I make a faction a vassal in descr_strat?

So nobody as found a way to do that ? Should be great if France was already linked to the Scots since they where both already in touch at the starting time.

I'm also very curious to know the answer. As I introduce new factions, I want some of them to start off as vassals to other ones.

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    So nobody as found a way to do that ? Should be great if France was already linked to the Scots since they where both already in touch at the starting time.
    They were friendly but the scots were never vassels of the French, unlike the Flemish, Burgundians, Bretoens, picardians and some others.

BTw does anyone know if its possible to include more Factions( i thought it wasn't possible in Rome)

I thought it was possible in Rome ... I thought RTR had several more factions than the vanilla version. I read (can't remember exactly where) that the faction ceiling is around 30, and about 17 or so are used in vanilla. Also note that two of the factions used by vanilla are for the tutorial (Normans and Saxons) so presumably you can strip and reuse them in the main game.

The problem is that adding a new faction requires changes to multiple data files AND the addition of banners and other graphic elements. I just don't think anyone has had the time to get there yet.