Thread: unspecified error

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default unspecified error

I'm playing lands to conquer and all of a sudden during the egyptions turn.. BAM unspecified error. Happened again after I retried. I tried again and it happened a few factions after that.

ok I tried again and it happened as the rebels. had their turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Kallitheus's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: unspecified error

I am not sure, but the "unspecified error" must be an issue for some people.

The first time i installed the game and started playing, i was getting "unspecified error" almost always after 15-20 minutes of play, both in battles and at the campaing map.

Being not an expert, here's what i did to fix it (note that i did many things at once, and i cannot be sure of what caused the "unspecified error"):

specs:

AMD 3000 xp
    ATI 9600
    2x 512 mb ram
    Win xp pro SP2

1. Opened the case and cleaned the CPU and GPU fans, to ensure the problem was not caused by overheating. Tried the game, still crashed.

2. Rearrange the RAM modules (this solution falls into what, in my ignorance, call "PC metaphysics") Tried the game, still crashed.

3. Uninstalled the game, then updated the ATI drivers- the ones that were published at around 15 November).Rebooted, reinstalled. Tried the game, still crashed.

4. Uninstalled the game, then used Tuneup 2006 to clear the registry.
    Then ,went manually to the registry (either via regedit or the tool that comes with Tuneup 2006). I deleted all entries which contained "medieval" "sega" and "creative assembly".
    Rebooted, reinstalled. By miracle, it plays! , and i haven't had a single crash, no matter how many hours i have been playing!

I remind you, i am by no way an expert, and i cannot be certain that the problem can be solved by the multiple uninstalls / reinstalls.
    But you could give it a shot!

I hope that the info i posted might help someone more experienced to find a definite solution to the "unspecified error" crash.

@MODS: If you find this post to be disorientating, or simply not matching with the level according to a technical forum, please delete it at once!

Default Re: unspecified error

tuneup 2006, eh... I'll try that. Thanks.

[edit: so, yea, tried that, but no reinstall, or tuneup or metaphysics got the game to work. it's gonna be either the patch or nothing short of a new system, it seems...]
    Last edited by Solar; December 14, 2006 at 05:06 PM.
    believe in nothing.