Thread: Something wrong with recruitment, not sure what's going on?

Icon5 Something wrong with recruitment, not sure what's going on?

When I start a new campaign (yozhou for example) I can recruit units just fine in the first turn. On the next turn however, all units - even the ones I didn't recruit but were available in the first turn - are greyed out, with the pools gone down to zero!

For some reason the recruitment pool goes down to zero for ALL units in all my cities, and the turns til replenishment does not decrease with passing turns.

I thought this might be because of the recruitment limit size script, but I never receive any notification about exceeding army size
    (which I do receive when I start as a faction that already exceeds size limit at the start of the game, xiliang for example)

It's not just yozhou but also other factions I've tried. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but that doesn't seem to help.

Could this be a feature that I'm not aware of? If so what do I do to recruit more units?

Default Re: Something wrong with recruitment, not sure what's going on?

Im having the exact same Problem here as well.
    I started a campaign with Youzhou(I dont know much about the Three Kingdoms Story,except for having watched Red Cliff, but I like my horse archers),and even though I even build a practice field and only recruited 2 militia Units in my 6 turns,I cant recruit anymore,and the Yuan Clan is slaughtering me whilst Liaodong guys are threatening my northernmost City.
    Im sorry if this reply doesnt help you mate,but I hope that they wont ignore you any longer,and maybe with this reply from someone else(from me,in this case),they wont.

Unfortunately, it's a known issue which has been around for a decent amount of time, and sadly, the mod is no longer in development, so it is unlikely that it will ever be fixed.
    The Persian Empire could raise about 700 soldiers a goat and two chicken
    "This is the time to show my authority."

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's the recruitment limitation script - it's supposed to stop recruiting when you have reached a certain ratio of units to settlements. Unfortunately the implementation did not work as desired, apparently. It can be fixed by simply removing the entry in the campaign_script file, starting at this entry: Recruitment Limitation, base idea by DLV, Neadal

This is in line 29256 and goes all the way to the bottom, delete everything until just before this entry:
    Code:
            if I_CompareCounter unitlimit_slave < 0
                set_event_counter unitlimit_slave 0
            end_if
        end_monitor    ; last line to delete

wait_monitors
    end_script
    Save and start a new campaign. I have added this fix to the download page.

A little side note: I have recently written a fully functional recruitment restriction script for EBII, it's nearly 220K lines long....
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 13, 2017 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    A little side note: I have recently written a fully functional recruitment restriction script for EBII, it's nearly 220K lines long....
    Hail to thee, modding maesto! I can't wait for that EBII update then!
    The Persian Empire could raise about 700 soldiers a goat and two chicken
    "This is the time to show my authority."

Blog Entries

I believe the current patch has it already, it's AI only - which means you will not really see any effect other then a lack of 'army stacks of doom'. Check the size of the campaign_script file, should be around 13MB.

Thank you so much for for your reply Gigantus(ALL HAIL GIGANTUS!!!),this was seriously ruining the mod for me.
    And for others,apparentely.
    ROTK is pretty awesome,and with this issue now out of the way I can finally enjoy it to the fullest,even if I have to fight through hordes of stacks ;D
    And thank you,knightofhonnor,for the extra Input

Blog Entries