Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westeros Total War House Rules

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Westeros Total War House Rules

Quote Originally Posted by claudioxd27 View Post
    If an enemy or even allied archer uses fire arrows, the Hound must stay the farthest he can from them. I'm not saying he'd retreat, but...
    Well if any of those flaming ing arrows come near him, there should be an ability for him to strangle an archer with their own guts
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Well if any of those flaming ing arrows come near him, there should be an ability for him to strangle an archer with their own guts
    Also if the Hounds soldiers die without any kills there should be an ability for him to rape their ing corpse.

Oh well
    I can tell you, I will never stick to all these rules in my gameplay. There are some, that I can understand, like the universal rules or so, but most of the rules are way to restricting. I dont want to replay the Song of Ice and Fire but I want to play it in a new way. For instance, most of the diplomatic rules wont fit with me. All these rules - who is allowed with whom and vice versa - are killing the possibility of schemes and betrayal. Diplomacy is in my opinion a very important part of the world of ice and fire.

Also some minor cases, about I wonder:

-Stannis must be accompanied by Davos at all times.
    Why is that? There are devided in the books as well ...

-If Dragonstone is taken, House Baratheon (Dragonstone) loses the campaign.
    Why is that? They lost Dragonstone in the books and still continued the war ...

-Stannis must always be kept in reserve and not enter combat.
    Why is that? In this case I am not completley sure but I thought, that Stannis fought personally?

-When House Greyjoy invades the north or any other city, they are only allowed to conquer coastal cities with ports. If they decide to go further inland, they can only sack the city and must leave.
    I understand the reason behind this, but wont it severly limit the gameplay of the Greyjoys? I would make here a compromise for better gameplay.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by _wajakla_ View Post
    Oh well
    I can tell you, I will never stick to all these rules in my gameplay. There are some, that I can understand, like the universal rules or so, but most of the rules are way to restricting. I dont want to replay the Song of Ice and Fire but I want to play it in a new way. For instance, most of the diplomatic rules wont fit with me. All these rules - who is allowed with whom and vice versa - are killing the possibility of schemes and betrayal. Diplomacy is in my opinion a very important part of the world of ice and fire.

Also some minor cases, about I wonder:

Why is that? There are devided in the books as well ...

Why is that? They lost Dragonstone in the books and still continued the war ...

Why is that? In this case I am not completley sure but I thought, that Stannis fought personally?

I understand the reason behind this, but wont it severly limit the gameplay of the Greyjoys? I would make here a compromise for better gameplay.
    Well I never said that you HAD to follow these rules lol. To each their own

I kinda agree with him. When you make an alliance with someone, it doesn't really mean you're their friend, because you can backstab them if you want to. Maybe honorable or just leaders like Robb(The only one i could think of lol) can't do these things, partially or AT ALL. But if a honorable leader would die and a dishonorable one take over, this dishonorable one would be capable
    of anything.
    Last edited by claudioxd27; April 21, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by claudioxd27 View Post
    I kinda agree with him. When you make an alliance with someone, it doesn't really mean you're their friend, because you can backstab them if you want to. Maybe honorable or just leaders like Robb(The only one i could think of lol) can't do these things, partially or AT ALL. But if a honorable leader would die and a dishonorable one take over, this dishonorable one would be capable
    of anything.
    But there are also long-standing alliances that cannot be broken like house Lannister and House Baratheon (King's Landing). The crown could never break ties with the very house they come from. House Stark and Tully cannot break their alliance because of their familial connections with Catelyn Stark.

I meant Houses Arryn and Martell, but I see your point.

Hey will the AI obey these rules?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

No, as they're not actually in the game. These are rules by which the player can chose to play in a roleplaying aspect. Some could perhaps be achieved by extensive scripting but most are pretty much impossible, especially the battle-related ones.

I am re-reading the books, and, on aGoT, I finally came across the Battle of the Green Fork. I thought Tywin Lannister wouldn't personally engage in combat, but I found this...

By the time they found it, the trumpets had sounded again and Lord Tywin’s reserve camesweeping up along the river. Tyrion watched his father fly past, the crimson-and-gold banner of Lannister rippling over his head as he thundered across the field. Five hundred knights surrounded him, sunlight flashing off the points of their lances. The remnants of the Stark linesshattered like glass beneath the hammer of their charge.
    This shows that Tywin did fight. Certainly not alone, but surrounded by several units of knights. My mistake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12