-6Squalor
    +4growth
    +1imperium
    600 subsistence+0.5%imperium maintenance
    +3artillery
    +40% wealth from all sources
    +1 army recruitment

The simplest way I can state my question:

Which actually does more money wise? I know it may seem silly. But the larger your income the larger that 0.5 * x amount of capitals you upgrade the same begin to cut into your income.

The difference in subsistence is 75, but the diff in wealth bonus is 20% to all sources.

However you need to offset the bigger squalor in the trade center.

So again, of the two which is actually more justifiable?

Please feel free to give your opinion.

Thank you

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Which provincial capital is best, between normal vs trade centers

Squalor is pretty easily delt with through other buildings, tech, agents etc and if the province is already making a lot of gold on different resources, and especially trade. The trader center would IMO be the best choice.
    Hopefully there will be more visible differences between different buildings when we release the overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I usually do, and since I tend to specialized my provinces, is build the normal provincial capital in not very productive provinces (such as military ones) and the trade center in more productive provinces (trade-, industry-, agriculture- or dual-specialized ones, basically).

I use regular capitals. Lower squalor makes it easier to use more slots on food production, which is usually the limiting factor of my empire.

I only build the trade capital if there are a lot of resources in the province, I have built a whole lot of trade buildings already, or for role-playing. For example, I tend to build trade capitals in Alexandria because of all the special resources in the region, the commercial income of which I tend to augment with industry/trade buildings, anyway.

+1 imperium because your empire's renown grows when you have magnificent cities instead of a walled village

I use trade cities in all economic hubs. All but historical cities like Rome, I like to roleplay those as cultural hubs and build the normal chain. Maybe, since you mentioned redesigning the "normal" city line could have culture income bonus or research %.

I also build the normal city in military provinces because I find the bonuses to that one lacking. Maybe with PoR military cities couls have a boost to populationa related to professional soldiery.

military cities do actually have a large bonus to 1st and 2nd class citizens (I think it was 1%) which are the main professional soldiery classes.

Thank you for all of your inputs. I've decided to restrict them to basically 4 region provinces.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    military cities do actually have a large bonus to 1st and 2nd class citizens (I think it was 1%) which are the main professional soldiery classes.
    That is quite awesome to hear. I read up about PoR but never got to install the public beta, lack of time + me being a noob at stuff like this made me to wait for the release

This game ('cause it's unfair to call it a mod) is getting more awesome with each release.