Thread: Requesting permission to use some of your Agents and models in other mods.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Requesting permission to use some of your Agents and models in other mods.

Hello, i was wondering if i could borrow the Viking and Frank Agents from this mod? And if some of the units for germans/Franks, Vikings and maybe Sami could be borrowed too?

I am not interested in the saxon units, so, i only want the Vikings and Franks to create a bigger diversion in another mod.

Also, i am working on a sub-mod for The Last Kingdom, and if i get permission for using your units in WotN, then i will release this sub-mod as a gift for the community. It's your mod but with new music and a bigger diversion with units.

The three Viking-factions will have a completely unique roster each. The viking rebels will have every unit of the other Viking-factions. And then i am thinking of either replacing some unused faction to add West Frankish Empire, or Iceland in- or maybe just add new units for the Franks and Saxons as well.

But i have already added the music for all but the british/Saxons/scottish and the welsh, and am in the process of adding new unique units for the Viking factions.

The plan is that the Danes will use your vanilla units plus som extras. Hordaland and Vestfold get new ones completely.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 16, 2016 at 05:09 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Requesting permission to use some of your Agents and models in other mods.

I would be suprised if they said no xD since they haven't been working on this mod for the past 5 years.. really hope u get the thumbs up Mr_Nygren! It will be a dream come true

Default Re: Requesting permission to use some of your Agents and models in other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolenko View Post
    I would be suprised if they said no xD since they haven't been working on this mod for the past 5 years.. really hope u get the thumbs up Mr_Nygren! It will be a dream come true
    Thanks man, i may do the sub-mod for TLK anyway. But i won't use their units without permission in WotN.

Regarding my sub-mod for TLK: I am about to start a forum thread for it in the sub-forum soon.

I sat the whole night and added much to the game. I am soon finished with adding the units for Vestfold, Denmark and Hordaland, also i've gathered music for the Welsh and started changing the buttons for the viking factions.

I will try to finish the units tonight. Then i just need to balance them out and add them to the campaign. But a release will take awhile because then i need to add the music for remaining factions, add additional units for other factions and maybe then release it.

Adding new factions will eventually be for the second release.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Sounds very promising! It will bring new life into this mod for sure btw will it be compatible with other submods like RR/RC?

Yes it will, as i am sub-moding the rc/rr-release i think.

- The Havamal