Thread: Next faction...

Default Next faction...

So I've played as English, French, HRE and Spain so far. Looking for my next game and I want to be challenged. I'm not going to Blitz for about 30 turns or so. Any suggestions on which factions offer a good challenge?

Default Re: Next faction...

Try the Byzantines. They offer a similar playstyle to the HRE, what with being assaulted on multiple fronts, but with (in my opinion) weaker armies. They're a pretty nice challenge.

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

Dragosani's Avatar Libertus

Both Byzantines and Russia.
    The Venetians are giving me hell as the byzantines - i've only just come out on top because of some lucky battles! they have better spearmen and horsemen at the begining, so you have to be cunning to win
    As the Russians i've been constantly attacked by the polish. And its hard because you have to expand quickly to prevent anyone else from growing too strong
    I AM JOB.

Go Turkish for your next campaign. If you don't want to blitz for an easy campaign, this nation might be even better! The two hardest factions in my opinion are HRE and the Turks... and since you've conquered one, why not try the other?

Ive played around with the Turks a lot. Mounted archery just isn't my thing. I think I'll give the Byzantines a try, they seem like they will offer a good challenge, and with Lusted's modded edu file the problems with Varangians should be fixed and such.

use scicily they have alot of unique units start of in a hard position and whenever i play them always go into minus florins dont know why
    muslim archers are my fav unit they are so tough and can be built in early stages

how do you unlock factions?

either beat them in campaign mode, or go into the m2tw fields and make all the faction "playable" (there's a topic on this in modding probaly).

Venice was hard to survive.

It took all the way to muskets, when at last managed to win with small budget forces against hordes of Milan and Holy Romans. (Once losted Venice, but managed to retook it.)