Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1843585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

game crashes when i go into a battle against wolves or ents in a campaign.
    "mtw2 encounted an unspecific error and will now exit"

i used the cleaner already. and actually with the install files should not be a problem.
    has anyone experienced this once?

Yes, it's a known issue, there are two workarounds that can be helpfull for You.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-crashes/page9

post #178 from El-Vi-Riachi or Post #205 from Azanulimbar

if the Solutions did not work for you, please post this in the linked Thread

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by congawa View Post
    game crashes when i go into a battle against wolves or ents in a campaign.
    "mtw2 encounted an unspecific error and will now exit"

i used the cleaner already. and actually with the install files should not be a problem.
    has anyone experienced this once?
    This might be the biggest problem TATW and most of its submods are plagued by. Some modders claim that they solved it for their mod, but their method proved hard to duplicate.

I started a thread about it quite some time ago which you can find HERE.

And I'm afraid you will find that spiders can crash the game also.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 17, 2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added spider info

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I dont know why, i just used cleaner-bat. and it crashed egain. then i started again und it did not crashed. it just worked.
    but i can not get ents with lothlorian elves.

besides this. is it possible to revive dead factions?

You can resurrect dead factions if you have activated this submod. At the beginning of the game you were asked if you wanted to play with this submod.

Hey, playing as the High elves, I cant use the palantir

The issue I think, is that there is no lord title for Lond Artharan city (south mithlond), the high elf capital where palantir is situated. I tried parking different generals there with no ancillaries to get the tittle, but none would.
    And that is one of the requierements to be able to use the palantir

Is it a known MOS issue?

Same thing for isengar. Cant get the lordship title ancillary there (as high elf) but that might be intended (not getting titles for previously evil cities) ?

i think that Cirdan has the required title to use the Palantiri, is he still alive or dead? I think only one General of a Faction can use the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by Azanulimbar View Post
    i think that Cirdan has the required title to use the Palantiri, is he still alive or dead? I think only one General of a Faction can use the Palantiri
    he is still alive
    he starts with mithlond lordship ancillary, which is the northern city's ancillary (not the one with the palantir, which is called Lond Artharan). Problem is that this ancillary is requiered to use the palantir and I'm afraid it doesnt even exist (or my game is broken)

Hm, i started a new Game and cirdan has the function to use the palantir

https://ibb.co/LxN7y5R

-Did cirdan has the function if you start a new game with high elves? if not, game seems to be broken.
    -install submod new in an other ,mod foilder and check if it works there. If yes, move your savegames into savefolder and check if they can be loaded.

-hope this will be helpful

Hi I am having a few issues trying to load the MOS submod. Every time I run the game the loading screen comes up and then the game crashes saying unspecified error.I use Steam and the Vanilla version of the game still works perfectly fine.I am unsure what the issues is. I run the MOS version by the BAT files and both of them do not work.Any help would be great!

Did you has done some steps from this thread?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oken-savegames

Did you has done some steps from this thread?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...oken-savegames
    I have not, will these steps still work with windows 10?

Yes they are helpful for win 10 too.

The best way is to install MOS like the manual from edulongshanks , you can find it on the first page.

You find it under :

Massive Overhaul Submod (MOS) 1.7 full version
    install and download instructions:
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 06, 2019 at 12:47 AM. Reason: consecutive posting within a short time

Yes they are helpful for win 10 too.

The best way is to install MOS like the manual from edulongshanks , you can find it on the first page.

You find it under :

Massive Overhaul Submod (MOS) 1.7 full version
    install and download instructions:
    Thank you for the response the game is up and running, but everyday I will play the game everything runs smoothly then the next day, I will run the game and Vanilla MTW2 will start. I have to copy and paste the MOS file again into the mod folder for it to work.
    Any ideas why this keeps happening?

yes, there been two possible Solutions in following thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15091209

Default Re: High Elven Campaign Summary and Tips

Hi

I am in the middle of a High Elves campaign myself andthought I would come on here with a few questions.

I am playing on VH/VH and with the MOS mod. As it standsboth Orc factions and Isengard have been beaten and Rohan have only onesettlement which I gave them next to Moira. Gondor have only one settlementleft and seem to have clung on for about 20 turns fiddling about.

I am trying to play with a united Goodie vs Baddie plan likein the book. But the Wood and SIlvian elves declared war on the Dwarves andDale jumped in too. I kept my alliance with the defenders and keep traderelations with the other elven factions. But I would like to get everyone backtogether again so we can make a concerted effort on taking Mordor.

Does anyone know how to do this? Would I give somesettlements near the front with Mordor to some of the waring “goodies” so theycan focus on the bigger issue of Mordor trying to destroy the world?

I have a guilty habit of swapping settlements with otherfactions. I am trying to get Eradior to join the battle against Mordor and keepgiving them former Rohan settlements to get them to the front, but they makelittle effort to garrison them and they rebel after a few turns.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I get other factionsto help against Mordor with a but more gusto?

My armies are made up of swordsmen and archers with as manyelite units as I can manage. But only Rivendale can produce them so I only geta couple in each army. Lots of Generals because they automatically recruit backto full strength which is a real boost with such stretched supply lines.

I have just recently switched most of my settlements to automanage. I have never really done this before. I turned off the recruitmentoptions for the settlements which are too far from the front line and set up deploymentlines so new troops heard to the Gap where I am mustering my forces. Is thereany downside to auto managing settlements, which are all on the “growth”option.

I have run one of the crusades when you get lots of otherfaction units. It was great fun, I selected a gathering in the north and reallyenjoyed it. Does anyone know what happens if I select a southern gathering butGondor and Rohan are down to a single settlement. Will they not be able toafford to sent any troops? I used my crusade to clear out a bit of the mirkwoodand then gave the settlements to the silvian or the wood elves. But they couldn’thold them. I should have exterminated the population, burned the buildings thenlet the settlement rebel. You live and learn I guess.

I moved the capital to Mithold in the West but I am thinkingof moving it south, would Moria work?
    I am destroying the Mordor armies one by one as they comeinto my area and taking them settlement by settlement slowly

Should I take an army and get deep into enemy territory to destroysome settlements and hurt their economy. But I think I might be wiped out longbefore I got anywhere?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk
    Does anyone know how to do this? Would I give somesettlements near the front with Mordor to some of the waring “goodies” so theycan focus on the bigger issue of Mordor trying to destroy the world?
    Once war begun there's nothing you might do - except using console commands possibly. Not used this myself but there's supposed to be this one:
    diplomatic_stance <faction_a> <faction_b> <allied/neutral/war>: Set the diplomatic stance between the two factions
    What faction is what you can find in expanded.txt in /Third_Age_3/data/text (for example Gondor = sicily)

Good to know is that if two factions are neutral towards each other and you're allied to two factions you can try to ally them using the "Allied Allies"-feature in Total Diplomacy.
    For instructions look up "Allied Allies" in MOS_readme.txt in the Third_Age_3-folder [assuming you did not rename the folder of course]

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I get other factionsto help against Mordor with a but more gusto?
    Check out the 5th Total Diplomacy feature "Ally Invade".

Is thereany downside to auto managing settlements, which are all on the “growth”option.
    The AI will use up your cash on what the AI deem appropriate; this may not be what you would used it for, so your control will diminish simply.

I moved the capital to Mithold in the West but I am thinkingof moving it south, would Moria work?
    Any works, but best is to have it central in the realm to decrease corruption and boost public order.
    WOuld suggest you save and start testing what settlement work best, then reload and moved i there (as each move cosy 5000)
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 06, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Hey, playing as the High elves, I cant use the palantir

The issue I think, is that there is no lord title for Lond Artharan city (south mithlond), the high elf capital where palantir is situated. I tried parking different generals there with no ancillaries to get the tittle, but none would.
    And that is one of the requierements to be able to use the palantir

Is it a known MOS issue?

Same thing for isengar. Cant get the lordship title ancillary there (as high elf) but that might be intended (not getting titles for previously evil cities) ?
    He needs to have the "Strong Will" trait at least. Also the ancillary he has is "Lord of Mithlond".

Either him or Elrond can us the Palantíri since they have "Strong Will".

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    he is still alive
    he starts with mithlond lordship ancillary, which is the northern city's ancillary (not the one with the palantir, which is called Lond Artharan). Problem is that this ancillary is requiered to use the palantir and I'm afraid it doesnt even exist (or my game is broken)
    I think your game is broken, I recommend you re-install MOS again to make sure.

Default Re: High Elven Campaign Summary and Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
    Moria works, but keep in mind that the region is comprised of mountains, not ideal for replenisment rates for your units since Elves thrive more in the "forest" regions which you can see in the region's description.

Thanks for your help.

One further question.

Can you recruit ents as the high elves?

I have one of the settlements in the forest already.