Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Menqel View Post
    It for sure doesn't happen to all the raiders but I not remember if that's happens also for raiders the same time. Maybe it happens for that particular unit because it was spawned by the garrison script/ secret document!
    That's what I was thinking. Maybe I'll have time to look into it, otherwise someone else might.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog49 View Post
    Really? That... is kind of lame actually. I guess I'll just disband the army then. I thought that it was supposed to despawn after a certain number of battles
    The Army of the Dead does despawn after a number of battles, between 3 and 5 I believe. However, this only happens if the King is leading them. He has the ancillary which controls this mechanism. If the King doesn't lead battles, his army doesn't despawn.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Update Status 2017-01-14: Development of MOS has tentatively resumed.

Ok, I need answers again, this time about the SAUM script I already asked in the relative thread:

1)Playing as Rohan, I got the diplomatic mission, the one which spawns a general and a diplomatic, and with those you need to go and take a pilgrim unit. Everything worked perfectly until I reached the pilgrim. The turn after, my general and diplo disappeared making my mission fail.
    2)Playing as Dale/Erebor and activating the script, correctly give me the unit and the building in the city, but when I recruit the new unit (Dwarves of the Oakshield and Riders of Dale) they appear as General, does it works as designed?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Menqel View Post
    Ok, I need answers again, this time about the SAUM script I already asked in the relative thread:

1)Playing as Rohan, I got the diplomatic mission, the one which spawns a general and a diplomatic, and with those you need to go and take a pilgrim unit. Everything worked perfectly until I reached the pilgrim. The turn after, my general and diplo disappeared making my mission fail.
    2)Playing as Dale/Erebor and activating the script, correctly give me the unit and the building in the city, but when I recruit the new unit (Dwarves of the Oakshield and Riders of Dale) they appear as General, does it works as designed?
    2 yes as measure to prevent the enginie using them as mision reward wich allowed you to have more of those uints than the script allowed
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ok, another quick question! Its turn 65 and as Arnor I had a loremaster spawn near Annuminas. It has 0 obedience and an invasion has been called on a Rohan settlement. Is there any easy way to add to the Loremaster's Obedience? He has zero and I'd like to call a Tol Acharn at some point

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog49 View Post
    Ok, another quick question! Its turn 65 and as Arnor I had a loremaster spawn near Annuminas. It has 0 obedience and an invasion has been called on a Rohan settlement. Is there any easy way to add to the Loremaster's Obedience? He has zero and I'd like to call a Tol Acharn at some point
    IIRC this should sort itself out after some turns have passed. Can't remember exactly how many turns though.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the descr_strat for Minas Tirith to include a Swordsmiths Guild Headquarters from turn 1. I did exactly what the tutorial on the subject has said, and added

Code:

building
        {
            type guild_swordsmiths_guild swordsmiths_guild
        }
    to the descr_strats file. As soon as I try to launch the campaign, it crashes to menu. Even when I clean it with the Cleaner .bat pack, it still happens. What am I missing?

EDIT: Delete this entirely, if you would. I managed to completely miss something.
    Last edited by MaulMachine; February 20, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Default Ever had a campaign go TOO well?

I'm playing MOS and I think I might have to restart my campaign. The last long campaign I played was as the High Elves, and by the time I'd dealt with the OOG and the OOTMM Gondor and Rohan had been destroyed and conquered. The only reason there was any hope was because the Witch King had evidently turned traitor and gone to war with the 'loyalist' evil factions. Mordor by then was more than strong enough to FIGHT EVERYONE too Isengard and Mordor had ground each other to a bloody stalemate in the Gap of Rohan by the time I got my armies there, and it was fun figuring out how to solve that particular problem. I didn't properly finish that campaign because I wanted to update to mos 1.7, I'd been playing on an earlier version.

This time I'm playing as Eriador and things are going well... too well. Rohan destroyed Isengard on turn 20 and now it's turn 50 and Dunland's gone too (Okay, I helped with that). Gondor has captured Minas Morgul. The Lorien elves have Moria, and the Dwarves have retaken Gundabad on their own. It's looking increasingly likely that by the time I get Arnor's terrifying army, I'll have nothing to use it on.

More experienced players, tell me: can the forces of evil pull a reversal on this, or should I start a new campaign, maybe with the Early Invasions and Strong Mordor options?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Ever had a campaign go TOO well?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley92 View Post
    I'm playing MOS and I think I might have to restart my campaign. The last long campaign I played was as the High Elves, and by the time I'd dealt with the OOG and the OOTMM Gondor and Rohan had been destroyed and conquered. The only reason there was any hope was because the Witch King had evidently turned traitor and gone to war with the 'loyalist' evil factions. Mordor by then was more than strong enough to FIGHT EVERYONE too Isengard and Mordor had ground each other to a bloody stalemate in the Gap of Rohan by the time I got my armies there, and it was fun figuring out how to solve that particular problem. I didn't properly finish that campaign because I wanted to update to mos 1.7, I'd been playing on an earlier version.

This time I'm playing as Eriador and things are going well... too well. Rohan destroyed Isengard on turn 20 and now it's turn 50 and Dunland's gone too (Okay, I helped with that). Gondor has captured Minas Morgul. The Lorien elves have Moria, and the Dwarves have retaken Gundabad on their own. It's looking increasingly likely that by the time I get Arnor's terrifying army, I'll have nothing to use it on.

More experienced players, tell me: can the forces of evil pull a reversal on this, or should I start a new campaign, maybe with the Early Invasions and Strong Mordor options?
    I can tell you that turning on every evil script and disabling every good one will help but due the MOS 1.7 map changes is is easier for good factions so if you want a hard campaing for good factions play 1.62
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: Ever had a campaign go TOO well?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley92 View Post
    (...)
    It differs a bit from campaign to campaign, which is of course a good thing. Wouldn't be interesting to play more than one campaign if it didn't.

Doing the script things atthias mentioned might help. Speaking from "some experience" though, I regularly have seen MOS 1.7 campaigns that went the good factions way in the beginning, but slowly turned to having a few evil factions on top of things. Especially Harad, Rhûn and Mordor can turn into powerhouses. If that will happen in your campaign is impossible to tell. When Isengard and Dunland are gone at such an early stage, that will be felt throughout the remainder of the campaign of course.

Briareos's Avatar Libertus

So I build the Eregion smith's building in Ost-in-Edhil in the turn 112, the scroll telling me about the history of elves and kingdom of lindon creation shows up, I clicked "Accept" and then... nothing happens. The pointer stays ring shaped (meaning the game is busy) so I can't click anything. Cities, characters, notifications in the left column. I can press escape but cannot click anything in the menu. I managed to quick-save during this "freeze" and quick load but it didn't help. The cursor/pointer stays ring shaped. Is the game busted? Should I start again or just not create the kingdom?
    Last edited by Briareos; February 24, 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes.

Hi! I'm currently playing as Gondor on turn 161 but crusades haven't been called yet. Is this normal? Will I have a crusade any soon or is there a problem with my campaign? Thanks in advanced!

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Hi! I'm currently playing as Gondor on turn 161 but crusades haven't been called yet. Is this normal? Will I have a crusade any soon or is there a problem with my campaign? Thanks in advanced!

I've been seeing the same thing. Sauron simply does call crusades any more. Of course, that also means the Loremasters can't call Tols Acharn any longer, either.

So I started a new campaign as the High Elves, and things are going better, in that the evil factions aren't' getting steamrolled early on. There's a group of wolves in the foothills of the Misty Mountains that have slaughtered multiple goblin armies sent against them, and now I want nothing bad to happen to them

Hello all,

I am rather new to MOS and running my first campaign as Gondor but am having the dreaded Medieval 2 Total War has crashed because of an unspecified error" every now and then.

I am running off Windows 10 and have installed the MOS all inclusive patch. My MTW2 is a SSTEAM version. The errors occur during battles and sometimes during the campaign. I save every turn to not lose progress which limits the damage somewhat but it's rather annoying how often the error occurs. I turned off daylight saving time on my computer and deleted the two descr_geography_new-files in the data-folder. Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions?

I also have an issue with my Cair Andros map. On the campaign map, the settlement looks different from the Vanilla TATW settlement. Also, when I load the battle everyone seems to drown and the scenery is all black. It's very unusual, quite like a perverse sex dream. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by aetiusaetius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulMachine View Post
    I've been seeing the same thing. Sauron simply does call crusades any more. Of course, that also means the Loremasters can't call Tols Acharn any longer, either.
    It's not normal, invasions should indeed be called much earlier. It's a bit strange seeing two people report this, as I can't recall this being a common problem at all. I have no idea why this is happening in your campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos View Post
    So I build the Eregion smith's building in Ost-in-Edhil in the turn 112, the scroll telling me about the history of elves and kingdom of lindon creation shows up, I clicked "Accept" and then... nothing happens. The pointer stays ring shaped (meaning the game is busy) so I can't click anything. Cities, characters, notifications in the left column. I can press escape but cannot click anything in the menu. I managed to quick-save during this "freeze" and quick load but it didn't help. The cursor/pointer stays ring shaped. Is the game busted? Should I start again or just not create the kingdom?
    This too is something I can't recall being reported, but after supporting MOS for years it is possible I forgot an earlier instance. If I understand correctly, this does not happen during end turn, but rather during "normal game play". Impossible for me to tell what might be wrong.

So should you play a new campaign, or skip creating the Kingdom? That is a difficult question. I would say it's most likely you experienced a glitch that will probably not happen again. The fact that you played 112 turns without a problem points to an install that is done right. However, I can't guarantee that the Kingdom of Lindon problem will not strike again for 100% certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by TimWright View Post
    Hello all,

I am rather new to MOS and running my first campaign as Gondor but am having the dreaded Medieval 2 Total War has crashed because of an unspecified error" every now and then.

I am running off Windows 10 and have installed the MOS all inclusive patch. My MTW2 is a SSTEAM version. The errors occur during battles and sometimes during the campaign. I save every turn to not lose progress which limits the damage somewhat but it's rather annoying how often the error occurs. I turned off daylight saving time on my computer and deleted the two descr_geography_new-files in the data-folder. Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions?

I also have an issue with my Cair Andros map. On the campaign map, the settlement looks different from the Vanilla TATW settlement. Also, when I load the battle everyone seems to drown and the scenery is all black. It's very unusual, quite like a perverse sex dream. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks for your help
    Having that crash "now and then" is not uncommon", especially when you tend to play for long times per session. What is strange is the Cair Andros problem and I don't mean the way you described that.

You state that you have installed the All in one patch, but that includes a fix for the Cair Andros problem you describe. So it seems something went wrong there. There are many people who have experience with the drowning at Cair Andros, as that was one of the biggest bugs present when we released MOS 1.7. It was patched rather quickly though and we never see it mentioned again, except when players have either not installed the All in one patch, or made a mistake when installing it.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 27, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

When extracting part 2 of the 1.70 file, I get this error 1 Data error in 'Third_Age_3\data\sounds\Music.dat'. File is broken.

Anyway to fix this without re-downloading everything? Maybe there's some download link with only this file? The one from two years back is deleted .

Quote Originally Posted by btoasty View Post
    When extracting part 2 of the 1.70 file, I get this error 1 Data error in 'Third_Age_3\data\sounds\Music.dat'. File is broken.

Anyway to fix this without re-downloading everything? Maybe there's some download link with only this file? The one from two years back is deleted .
    I take it you have not checked the OP of this thread, more specifically the "Massive Overhaul Submod (MOS) 1.7 full version install and download instructions:" part of it? The last part of that has links to everything, including part 2 (which works, I just checked it) and there is even a separate download for the "Music.dat" file (which also works).

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I take it you have not checked the OP of this thread, more specifically the "Massive Overhaul Submod (MOS) 1.7 full version install and download instructions:" part of it? The last part of that has links to everything, including part 2 (which works, I just checked it) and there is even a separate download for the "Music.dat" file (which also works).
    I'm a bloody idiot. Didn't think of checking the actual post (downloaded other parts from moddb). Thanks!

Hello all third age lovers,
    I have a strange problem with mos 1.7, I installed it but the scrips introduced seems to not work and at the beginning of a campaign I get no scrips messages, actually I get nothing. I heard that turns in mos are pretty slow but my turns are very fast and I think the cause is no scrips running. Iinstalled a few times with the same results. If somebody have a clue I would like to know.

hello,im playing third age total war with mos submod and in the latest version of the mos submod they removed the ability for Gondor to recruit winged swordsman, citadel guard archers, and dismounted generals bodyguards in a campaign, there is a way that i can put them again in campaign?