Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    One solution would be to use forced diplomacy and become allies again with whoever you broke your alliance with when your two allies started fighting. When you ally with them again then they will cease fire and become neutral towards all of your allies. For awhile anyways...... one can never count on alliance, even ancient ones.
    Thank you! Your tactic worked!

PS: I noticed there is an order to do this though, meaning you must ally with one first than the other, but I failed to notice why. I just saved and tried, loading back upon failure. Also, Forced Diplomacy (which I never used before) worked fine.
    Another thing I noticed is that when relations are reetablished they are already at "very good" status.

I have another doubt:

Why Thondol (treebeard) has only the option to "bribe", and why it never takes it, and its mood never change (pleased/upset/neutral)?
    I tried over and over to bribe Treebeard, he just kept saying no. Never closing the negotiations ever.
    To me, this smells like a script. Something I should do that would convince them to ally maybe, or surrender, whatever.

Do I have to take the ents down to capture Thondol? Should I just leave it alone (since nobody is messing with it anyways)? Is it possible to Bribe them? How?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by pewdiepie View Post
    I have another doubt:

Why Thondol (treebeard) has only the option to "bribe", and why it never takes it, and its mood never change (pleased/upset/neutral)?
    I tried over and over to bribe Treebeard, he just kept saying no. Never closing the negotiations ever.
    To me, this smells like a script. Something I should do that would convince them to ally maybe, or surrender, whatever.

Do I have to take the ents down to capture Thondol? Should I just leave it alone (since nobody is messing with it anyways)? Is it possible to Bribe them? How?
    bribing is disabled in practice* to prevent stuff like orc diplomats serving dwarves and the like

*by this I mean that the option is still there but it will no longer work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hey there. I'm having an issue launching the game. I went through the bugfixes as suggested. So my problem is: I've downloaded/installed everything as per instruction. The game loads up perfectly without an issue. When I try to start the Eriador campaign, the loading bar goes all the way to the end, then crashes the game. No messages given or anything of that nature. It simply closes down the game entirely. Any thoughts?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Arturien View Post
    Hey there. I'm having an issue launching the game. I went through the bugfixes as suggested. So my problem is: I've downloaded/installed everything as per instruction. The game loads up perfectly without an issue. When I try to start the Eriador campaign, the loading bar goes all the way to the end, then crashes the game. No messages given or anything of that nature. It simply closes down the game entirely. Any thoughts?
    that sounds like a corrupted download to me
    please try downloading again without doing anything else on your PC

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a question - is it still possible to get the 1.5 version of MOS? I appreciate the new features and fixes of 1.7, but I miss the smaller map. DAC map is visually impressive, but it feels so empty with only 14 factions on it. And I miss the old Rhovanion layout with the Uldonavan castle in a perfect strategic position instead of 4 settlements in random places.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    I have a question - is it still possible to get the 1.5 version of MOS? I appreciate the new features and fixes of 1.7, but I miss the smaller map. DAC map is visually impressive, but it feels so empty with only 14 factions on it. And I miss the old Rhovanion layout with the Uldonavan castle in a perfect strategic position instead of 4 settlements in random places.
    I have 1.41 but unfortunately I do not have 1.5. I did have it on an external drive, but the drive died therefore no 1.5. I almost made a rhyme. LOL

Hi !
    I've a question : is it normal that I can't play historical battles with MOS ? When I click "Play" it returns to the main menu. I checked the historical map folder and everything is ok
    That's quite embarrassing because historical battles are needed withe the Battle editor

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hi !
    I've a question : is it normal that I can't play historical battles with MOS ? When I click "Play" it returns to the main menu. I checked the historical map folder and everything is ok
    That's quite embarrassing because historical battles are needed withe the Battle editor
    that is normal yes sorry
    MOS is entirely campaing focused hence no fellowship campaing either

OK thanks for the answer !
    Btw thanks for your great mod, I can't play it at it's full potential because I'm on Mac but I still vey much enjoy it

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    OK thanks for the answer !Btw thanks for your great mod, I can't play it at it's full potential because I'm on Mac but I still vey much enjoy it
    no problem I am glad to help I am not a member of the MOS team tough just to let you know

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, thanks on behalf of the team then and thanks to atthias for helping out here and there.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, thanks on behalf of the team then and thanks to atthias for helping out here and there.
    at your service

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Updated OP and submod links added: 2015-April-15th

Hi! I don't know if this issue has come up before (let's just say that reading through 51 pages of thread is too much for a simple question ), but both Merry and Pippin have weird names (aka NOT Merry and Pippin or Meriadoc and Peregrin). I have already tried changing them in both descr_names and descr_strat but that just makes them have no name at all!
    Any help is welcome, I love TATW and MOS and I find that a teeny little detail like that shouldn't have been overlooked.
    Cheers!

Is MOS is better or less good than Frog ? I do not really understand what are the important differences between these two great mods...

What is the hardest mod ? MOS or Frog ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo_Fr View Post
    Is MOS is better or less good than Frog ? I do not really understand what are the important differences between these two great mods...

What is the hardest mod ? MOS or Frog ?
    If you have enough hard drive space why not download and install them both? Then you can compare them both first hand.

I love DAC, personally, Just wish it wasn't booting me all the damn time, well I finally got MOS up and running...enhanced even perhaps if all is according....good to be back in MOS, easiest install was easily to copy the third age files from DL to same third age.. in m2tw folder, I shoulda knowed, couldn't find an exe installer in the DL and the paths I was extracting to were all incorrect or leading to me having still vanilla TATW. Now hopefully I don't encounter game ending crashes like in ohhh, say, version 1.5 I used to play before my pc dumped me.. good to see people are still doing this here.

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Bonjour,

I play "Dale". I taked Carvarad. I builded bowyer. But even the convertion level is high, I can't recruit archer. There is no icon. Do you have an answer ?
    Merci

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Right, I fired up MOS and manipulated a bit to get Caravad and a bower built there. Looks like you are right, you can't train bowmen from the entry level bower. The bower scroll is not right either, it mentions no unit that can be trained, nor its level of culture that is required. This is probably a mistake in one of the scripts. I don't know which one and what exactly has to be done, perhaps somebody that does will drop by and is kind enough to shed some light on this.

The good news is that the next level of bower should at least give you the next tier bowmen, as I noticed their scroll is at it should be, naming both unit and required culture.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 04, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

It's the same way for Burh Sauthis