Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1641565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1614

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.

Thank you, Mike. So it appears that there is no unit or fiefdom list, that is up to date.

The 'MOS Fiefdoms' file, that you mentioned, is both useful and confusing (or even useless in some cases). For instance, during my Silvan Elves playthrough I've managed to get only half of listed fiefdoms. Certain settlements were absent, one failed to trigger ancillary, and other had different names. I assume that MOS 1.7 uses the Extended map, not the vanilla one? Both the lists are often wrong anyway.

In my current playthrought, with Rohan, the differences vs. 'MOS Fiefdoms.docx' are actually quite minor (yet still present):
    1) Only 4 out of the 5 starting fiefdoms seem present. I don't know if the capital (Edoras) counts as Rhovanion / Tirith Thoron? Shouldn't this Tirith Thoron be located somewhere to the East? I have no idea.
    2) Only 2 out of the 5 obtainable fiefdoms are unchanged (Isen and Dunlandand). North Enedwaith uses the MOS Vanilla settlement so it's easy to find too. However, South Enedwaith is tied to settlement named Alcfud, and Dor Rhunen to Dor Naurhach. You have to guess which settlement triggers the ancillary in order to dind it.
    All in all, Rohan is still quite straightforward. The other factions were way trickier.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

BTW. I've noticed, that you are one of the good people behind the Reunited Kingdom sub-submod I was going to play Eriador or Gondor, but I've red that a MOS 1.7 compatible vesion of RK may be comming out in the upcomming months. The stuff looks glorious. Can't wait!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Damianus_NT View Post
    BTW. I've noticed, that you are one of the good people behind the Reunited Kingdom sub-submod I was going to play Eriador or Gondor, but I've red that a MOS 1.7 compatible vesion of RK may be comming out in the upcomming months. The stuff looks glorious. Can't wait!
    MIKE is (and has been for quite some time now) the absolute head honcho for everything RK related!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Eduardus's Avatar Libertus

Default Is MOS 1.5 still available ?

Good evening,

I've started a game with MOS 1.7 some time ago, and frankly I regret having lost my 1.5 full install files due to a ransomware. My game was becoming extremely interesting, and then... all lost.

That's why I'm humbly asking, does someone has those files and is willing to share the said files ?

Great thanks in advance.

Hey,
    its been like 2 or 3 years since I last play Third age (MOS), and I was thinking of coming back

Is MOS still the big thing ? I remember back then, it was toe to toe with DAC but I used to prefer MOS big time because it was harder (had more scripts?)

Anyways, is MOS still getting updated, or is it considered finished?

ps: Didnt MOS thread have way more views? did they get erase somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Hey,
    its been like 2 or 3 years since I last play Third age (MOS), and I was thinking of coming back

Is MOS still the big thing ? I remember back then, it was toe to toe with DAC but I used to prefer MOS big time because it was harder (had more scripts?)

Anyways, is MOS still getting updated, or is it considered finished?

ps: Didnt MOS thread have way more views? did they get erase somehow?
    MOS is not in development for quite some time now. However, I still host it and keep an eye on the current MOS thread.
    The Reunited Kingdom mod for MOS is still being worked on by MIKE GOLF though and if things go as planned, an impressive update will be released somewhere in the future.

MOS has several threads and millions of views between them. This is just the most recent one. There is less traffic here than there used to be, partly because MOS development stopped and partly because it is based on a very old game, I think. Also there are many other places besides TWCenter that people spend their time nowadays, compared to about 4 years (or longer) ago.

Hi, news.
    Since many people state that old MOS versions savegames aren't compatible with 1.7, it's not completely true. I had my 1.7 saves, game was terribly slow (lots of mods = lots of scripts running), and put an old 1.5 save in the "saves" folder.
    Surprise ! My old battlemap reemerged from the dead...
    Previously, I've been trying that with a fresh install, but it wouldn't work, loading a saved game would have no effect but bringing you back at the main menu screen.
    I'll try later with less scripts/less mods from the proposed list, see if I get ctd's or something.

Cheers !

Good luck with that. Very surprised you got it running at all, but I can't imagine this good fortune continuing. There is no harm in trying of course.

We actually removed some scripts in MOS 1.7 when we developed it to somewhat reduce the time the turns take. Of course that is compared to MOS 1.62 and there still are a lot of scripts left.

I don't quite get the "(lots of mods = lots of scripts running)" remark. Do you play more than one mod at a time somehow?

hey,

playing as Isengar, got my hands on the Ring. I get 25 turns to turn it to Mordor. Does keeping it give you actual buffs ? If not, I guess I should turn it no?

Each mod inside the mos whole has its own script, hasn't it ?
    I've even managed to get the old map back (obviously) and to pass 1 turn. Didn't get furhter, because of the very slow movements on the campaign map, due to the many mods I've checked.

There is no extra layer of mods between MOS and the scripts and all the other content it needs. What you choose are scripts.
    A script is not equal to a mod. Some mods have no scripts in them at all while the bigger ones (like MOS) usually have quite a lot of them.

One mod to rule all scripts, One mod to find them, One mod to bring them all, and through the coding bind them.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 24, 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    playing as Isengar, got my hands on the Ring. I get 25 turns to turn it to Mordor. Does keeping it give you actual buffs ? If not, I guess I should turn it no?

You get rewards if you give it back to him, in MOS and Third Age TW you don't get any buffs or bonuses for getting the Ring and keeping it, in fact, if you keep it you would get some penalties: The Dark Lord will declare you heretic, hence all the evil factions will declare war on you and you will no longer join invasions. The real problem is that as your fellow citizens worship him, there will be a lot of turmoil ever in your regions, and you would soon face rebelions. So at the end you just get penalties and disaster from keeping it, even though that was Sarumans target in Lore.
    If you want to try keeping it and using it as Saruman intended in the books, I suggest downloading Followers of the White Hand submod for MOS, which I scripted. This way, when you get the Ring you will be able to decied if you want to keep it or not:

- if you keep it you Will be declare heretic by Sauron as usual, but you Will be given the posibility to change your factions religion to Followers of the White Hand. If you do, all your citizens Will worship you as Saruman the Great and abandone Sauron and Melkors religion, this way you wont have turmoil in your regions (you Will be their new god instead). You Will also gain great rewards while keeping the Ring, but do expect Sauron to get angry.
    - if you deliver the Ring all will work as in vanilla MOS and you Will also get rewards.

Some other features in FoWH include Fangorn burning and ent attack to Orthanc, visual upgrade for urukhai raiders (from DAC), mercenaries and a new heroe for Isengard (Sharku the warg Rider). Here's the link to the submod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?757516-FOLLOWERS-OF-THE-WHITE-HAND-minisubmod-for-MOS-1-7-UPDATE-30-12-17

But note that submods using campagin_script are not save-game compatible, you would have to start a new campaign (only the uruk's visual upgrade should be save-game compatible).
    So if you don't want to start again I would recommend delivering the Ring to Sauron and obtaining rewards.Unless you truely want some challenge xD
    Last edited by aetiusaetius; October 25, 2018 at 04:34 AM.

thanks a lot man, just the submod I was looking for !

Sad its not save compatible tho. I guess I will start over

Enjoy and have fun!
    Last edited by aetiusaetius; October 26, 2018 at 08:00 AM.

Is there a limitation of the number of moves AI can make per turn?
    It seems like its always 2 or 3 even though it could still perform other actions

For example, I have multiple fronts opened vs gondor, and while it has several armies near my forces/town, it always ends up doing 2-3 actions, not more (sometimes, leaving a 2-3 units army of mine untouched, even tho its literally 2m from a full gondorian army)

The AI is not the brightest in MTW II. Even with CAIs from z3n and others, the AI acts doltish on a consistent basis.

Hi, please prepare for unbridled noobeity...
    So I had MoS running a few years ago, but deleted the game because I was studying.. Now I tried to install it again, TATW vanilla works fine, but when I try to install MoS over it the game crashes on start with "...encountered unspecified error..." etc. Can somebody help me? What am I doing wrong? I got no Idea, I followed the instructions and it should work. I am renaming the install to "teutonic" to make it work and with TATW vanilla it was no problem.

Hello there. What do I do with the Loremaster of Gondor after I have finished his visitation quests. I positioned him on the area where the arrow was pointing. Do I station him in a town or something?

Hello where can i download MOS 162 cuz i want to instal the united kingdom of arnor and gondor?

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    Hello where can i download MOS 162 cuz i want to instal the united kingdom of arnor and gondor?
    Look for this in the first post of this thread:

For those who still want to play version 1.62

The links are located right underneath.

Has the Heirs of Rhovanion sub-mod been removed from MOS 1.70? I remember playing with it during the 1.62 days.