Steppe Lancers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Heavy Lancers

Khan´s Lancers

Khan and Bodyguard

As the cuman units have been massively rehashed from the earlier version (the current youtube version also still has the earlier units) I thought I´d show you guys the latest progress.
    One additional unit also made it into the roster to balance things out a bit: cuman heavy lancers

@finix: please create one additional card for them , once you have some spare time left. With them I mean only the "heavy lancers" of course, all other cards are fantastic already, no need to redo anything.

@warman: I removed lances from all cuman HA units, so we might have to take a look at the stats again. Most cavalry units however have maces and axes, so they should get a melee attack / armor piercing buff.
    Last edited by Ltd.; October 14, 2016 at 03:22 AM.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Cuman Khanate

They look amazing!

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Fantastic!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Awesome! 2 questions:

1. What bra size does the Nomadic spearmen use?
    2. Will the Cuman Khanate units be incorporated into the Mongol roster is some way? Either as Auxiliaries (same way Ostrogoths recruited Roman units) or straight into their roster?

Thanks.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    Awesome! 2 questions:

1. What bra size does the Nomadic spearmen use?
    It's armor for nipples
    http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uplo...87e8043dfd.jpg
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Yep, that is correct . Cumans were smart people and knew about the hazards of war and thus made sure that their nipples were protected at all times. Their nipples were basically their Achilles' heel . Probably the mongols knew about their weakness as well...

Regarding your second question, Wille: several factions will use some cuman units, either as auxiliaries or mercenaries, though mongols, hungarians , bulgarians, rus might use them more extensively. I thought about making the light HA , the heavy HA and the heavy lancer unit be available as AOR and mercenaries.
    Last edited by Ltd.; April 15, 2016 at 09:39 AM.

I'm not saying this for nipple armor but they look great. Tribesmen look very similar to Turkoman Raiders but more Mongoloid looking, which makes sense

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Very nice, i'd love playing this more obscure faction, creating a western Steppe confederation contring the Mongols, and then, who knows?
    Just wondering, should the foot archers be that heavy, or are all Cuman low tier units basicly cavalry and they represent a "westernised"/"southernised" style of fighting?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

The foot archers are actually supposed to be heavy foot archers so higher tier just to avoid an all cav roster. They are as such a medium infantry / heavy archer unit.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

Just a small question regarding the Cumans: weren't they reported by the Byzantines to have been "blonde and blue-eyed"? This suggests that not all of them were particularly "Asian-looking" despite their Turkic origins. It might be an idea to put a few "Caucasian-looking" dudes into the mix. That said, great work!

Edit: Here's a pic of Ladislaus I of Hungary (left) fighting a Cuman (right):

Last edited by Charerg; April 15, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

Love it!! I am blown away by how impressive they look! btw will you be adding any melee infantry in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    Just a small question regarding the Cumans: weren't they reported by the Byzantines to have been "blonde and blue-eyed"? This suggests that not all of them were particularly "Asian-looking" despite their Turkic origins. It might be an idea to put a few "Caucasian-looking" dudes into the mix. That said, great work!

Edit: Here's a pic of Ladislaus I of Hungary (left) fighting a Cuman (left):

There is a thread about that in the history forum if you are interested

http://historum.com/european-history...d-kazakhs.html

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    2. Will the Cuman Khanate units be incorporated into the Mongol roster is some way? Either as Auxiliaries (same way Ostrogoths recruited Roman units) or straight into their roster?
    I do not believe that much Cumans remained in the east after their exodus to Hungary.

I believe it is the Kipchak tribes that remained under Mongol rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post

Edit: Here's a pic of Ladislaus I of Hungary (left) fighting a Cuman (right):

Yeah it would be nice if some of them had blonde hair and colourful eyes. Kipchaks and Cumans were mostly known for their beautiful faces. But since they lived in a wide area I'm sure there was some Mongoloid looking ones too. Good idea mate...

Quote Originally Posted by OutsiderKK View Post
    Yeah it would be nice if some of them had blonde hair and colourful eyes. Kipchaks and Cumans were mostly known for their beautiful faces. But since they lived in a wide area I'm sure there was some Mongoloid looking ones too. Good idea mate...
    So your basically saying Mongoloids are ugly?

Never said such a thing, are you high? My ancestor were Mongoloid looking mate. But in Byzantine Chronicles they were described as being blonde and "handsome". Go ask that question to Byzantines...
    Last edited by OutsiderKK; April 16, 2016 at 04:55 AM.

Never said such a thing, are you high? My ancestor were Mongoloid looking mate.
    haha mine too, they were Cumans living in Egypt (probably Mamlukes).

But in Byzantine Chronicles they were described as being blonde and "handsome". Go ask that question to Byzantines...
    Time to use my time machine!! brb

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    haha mine too, they were Cumans living in Egypt (probably Mamlukes).Time to use my time machine!! brb
    And mine were Iğdır Tribe of Oghuz that migrated to Anatolia and (Probably) given land by Seljuks .

@Ltd you didn't answer my question

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Well, if you ask whether they will have access to sword or axe units then my answer would be most likely not.. I am not aware of good solid sword or axe contingents when we talk about the cumans / kipchaks. They have pretty good cavalry , both melee and missile . They also have access to basic spearmen and the slavic auxiliaries and the multi purpose archers (serving both as medium infantry and heavy archers) as well as the heavily armored noble spearmen for the later eras. But like I said, their strength is in their cavalry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast