Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy IC Thread

Default Warhammer Fantasy IC Thread

The city states and tribes of Araby constantly warred with each other or others for power and land throughout their history with a few short periods of peace mixed in throughout.The invasions Arkhan the Black, Orcs, and the Crusades are but brief gaps in the fierce fighting between the rival cities and tribes. One of the short periods of peace has just ended with Copher, Lashiek, and a number of nomadic tribes revolting from the rule of the sultan in Al Haikk. Tens of thousands of men, horses, and even elephants are being raised to fight a massive war for supremacy in Araby. The sultan of Al Haikk is more accepting of foreigners than his rivals are and he has decided to issue a call for mercenaries to Tilea in hopes of obtaining a number of veterans to crush the rebel sultans and cement the hegemony of Al Haikk. Many humans answer the call and there is even talk of a number of orcs who may be marching to join the sultan of Al Haikk. The scene is set for a war as a certain ship of mercenaries closes on the coast of Araby...

Near the coast of Araby, the mercenaries' ship was beset by a great storm and after enduring harsh winds and drenching rain for over four hours, the waves smashed the ship upon the rocks a ways east of their destination of Al Haikk. The passengers were skilled mercenaries of all races that had flocked to the sultan of Al Haikk's call for mercenaries to "defend" his nation from the other city states and tribes of Araby. The mercenaries aboard this ship looked to have perished during the destruction of the ship, but after a few hours several began to rise from the debris that littered the hot sand of the beach. Before most of them can even regain their equilibrium, twelve horsemen are spotted coming to inspect the wreckage of the ship. They seem to be desert nomads of Araby riding small but quick horses and armed with scimitars. They have not yet noticed the survivors, but they will discover them before they finish searching the wreckage. The mercenaries must decide how to deal with these new arrivals.....
    Last edited by Pyrrhus the Molossian; April 14, 2016 at 02:20 AM.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy IC Thread

Maw damn storm! Maw damn ship! A sound came from beneath a mountain of wreckage. Maw damn sun! The Ogre thundered angrily and this time more audibly, as he hefted a massive chunk of debris from atop his shoulders. Maw damn sand! He bellowed from his gut even as it jiggled ominously, hidden beneath an ornate gold plated shield. Upon seeing the exploring men of Araby a great rumbling came up from his stomach a familiar sound, and with it his mood turned truly foul. Crush 'em! Break 'em! Eat 'em! He fired a shot from his canon (Dwarf canon used as rifle) with one arm, cold hard iron crashing through their ranks. And with a hefty grunt barreled into the horsemen flailing about his oversized war hammer in his free hand - tusks and teeth gnashing, biting, and tearing into men and beast alike with equal vigor, in a single minded question to sate his hunger.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; April 14, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

A pale form quickly dashed out of the waves onto the beach, taking refuge among the debris before looking over his equipment. Mormeril Coldeye was used to the treacherous and dangerous rhythm of the Old World's sea, so keeping his composure after falling off the ledge had been an easy feat. Looking over the situation, the Dark Elf saw (and heard) the gross Ogre with the gold-plated belly charging towards a group of human horsemen. Scavengers, most likely, coming to search the wreckage for loot and treasure. Mormeril smiled a wicked smile while loading his repeater crossbow in the safe shade of some wreckage, all the while listening to the screams of the Ogre and the humans clashing together in sweet pain and blood.

"He he, thank Khaine for the dumb and tough. I won't even have to lift a finger if it keeps this up."

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Wolfe von Carstein rose slowly from the wreckage, looking about. Of course he had seen the ogre slaughtering the warriors, but he didn't really care. "This accursed sun will be the death of me" he thought calmly. He looked about for a minute before seeing what he was looking for. A wide brimmed imperial hat, owned by a man who was crushed by the mast. He picked it up, put it on then slowly walked towards the fight, drawing his sword and dirk as he did so.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; April 14, 2016 at 02:10 AM.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Johnan was long since awake; despite being somewhat concussed he knew that he had to remain in shape. If one saw him in his little corner they would see him doing a rather intense regimen of exercise. Several hundred push-ups in but a few minutes, one hundred sit-ups in two minutes. He had read crew reports, and knew of most of the pathetic beings on the ship. They were not worth his Slayer Oath, much less these horsemen. After finishing his routine he stood up and primed a single one of his pistols. He decided that he would go over to the area where the remnants of the food and water storage would remain so that he could get some breakfast. He would have to make sure that one of the horses did survive however. He needed to leave this place where there were no foes worth his promise.
    As God wills it.

The nomadic horsemen notice the monstrous ogre emerging from the wreckage and ride forward to investigate. The firing of the leadbelcher is a surprise that causes a horse and its rider to be blown apart. The others quickly draw swords and several of them string bows that have been tied to their saddles. The ogre barrels forward and manages to smash a rider from his horse with his warhammer and tear into his flesh with his gaping maw. However, an arrow from of the horsemen pierces his left arm and causes him to bleed. Wolfe strides slowly to the fight, witnessing the death of two riders, and will shortly be in the thick of the fighting.

Johnan finds very few supplies only a cask or two of water and some dried meat and biscuits. There is little else besides worthless wreckage.

Mormeril has managed to hide away at a safe vantage point unnoticed by any of the combatants...
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

The first human and its beast exploded from the canon shot, and left two lifeless corpses upon the ground. The second fell shortly after, as the horse was crushed underneath his hammer and the human rider's skull crushed between the Ogre's teeth like a cherry tomato. The arrow was a sting upon the foul creature's body and a small trickle off blood came down the Ogre's pale green flesh. Blood.. He bellowed, bits of human skull spraying from his mouth. Skrag bleed! He cried as he threw his canon toward the nearest assailant (angered at his inability to reload it) and quickly charged another with hammer and teeth. Crush 'em punny humis! His eyes were that of an enraged predator and his movement sounded like that of a smaller drunken elephant. Mash 'em! Eat 'em! He seemed less a fully and self-aware being and more a giant child amused by violence and drawn by hunger.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; April 14, 2016 at 11:10 PM.

A short distance away from the skirmish, several pieces of rubble are moved, allowing Seraphine to escape the small mound of flotsam. After being momentarily blinded by the light of the sun, she tilts her head toward where the sounds of combat are coming from, seeing several figures in the distance, including the ogre from the ship. Dusting herself off as she checks for her equipment, noticing her rapier and satchel had washed ashore not too far from her position, she walks over to the two items. Picking up he satchel first, she sighs upon noticing most of the various items she had in it had been taken by the sea, only a small empty vial and a waterlogged biscuit. Eating the biscuit as she picks up her rapier, she begins to make her way towards the skirmish.
    Last edited by Xion; April 15, 2016 at 12:22 AM.

Strolling forwards with an utterly bored expression on, his demeanour quickly changes when he smells the blood. His pace quickens slightly, but he forces himself to be in control. He couldn't kill an ogre in the middle of the day - and he would have to if he was seen drinking blood. Then there was the issue of the slayer. Wolfe shook his head slightly to clear his thoughts, and focused on the fight.

Pausing for a second to survey the fight, Wolfe sheathed his sword and picked a horseman. He started running, and then sprinting towards him. He reached out and attempted to grab the horse's neck strap, so he could propel himself into the saddle, kill the human - by stabbing him with the dirk - and steal the horse.
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; April 15, 2016 at 03:55 AM.

The cannon the Skrag throws misses completely going over the heads of the nomads. But his vicious attack on another horse caves in the rider's head as the horse runs away wildly in fright. Multiple arrows are fired at Skrag and yet another becomes stuck in his arm, this time a bit deeper. Wolfe runs at an amazing speed to jump with even more amazing dexterity onto the back of a horse, casually dispatching him with the dirk before he even realizes what is going on. Seraphine makes he way toward the skirmish and is nearly in the thick of things. The remaining eight nomads have withdrawn a short distance and look to be organizing a charge on the ogre.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Wolfe casually threw the man out of the saddle and licked the dirk clean. As a former nobleman, he was talented on horseback, and he soon had the horse under complete control, cantering almost on the spot. He sheathed the dirk, drawing his longsword. The nomads seemed to be organising a charge, easily fixed.

He quickly propels the horse from slow canter to a gallop, spinning his sword with a masterful hand. He headed straight for the group of horsemen. He readied his blade, and as he passed, whipped it first to one side and then to the other, attempting to slay both the men he galloped past.

Seraphine watches the horse fleeing from the ogre, considering chasing after it as she watches the remaining nomads withdraw to reform, likely to charge back into the fray. She quietly begins speaking the incantation for Aspect of the Dreadknight, casting the spell at the nomads and their horses to hopefully cause at least one horse to throw it's rider, and then run forward to cut the nomad's head off and acquire his horse for herself.

The Stuntie picks up everything he sees in the wreckage and wraps it into a bundle.

"Better I have it than these fools."

He hops over the wreckage and watches what is going on curiously. He makes a note of the surviving horses that flee without a rider and do not seem to be taken by any of the fighters so that he could later take them himself. He merely waits for the pathetic beings to end their exchange of love-taps so he can ride off himself.
    As God wills it.

The Ogre makes a guttural sound has the arrow strikes his flesh - in the same arm no less. He hefts a large price of debri at his feet with his free hand, licking the human and horse blood on his warhammer. The blood of his foes still dripping from his teeth. Still enraged he cries a challenge toward the surviving horsemen, crimson spit spraying from his maw, arranging a last ditch charge. All ye humis are next! He bellows, charging the body of men attempting to squish them and their beasts in their newly compact unit.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Overlooking the battle from his safe position, the Druchii sees how the horsemen are getting absolutely slaughtered by his "companions". Had he been a lesser creature, he may even have felt pity for them. What was important was to find out where they were, how far to the nearest settlement they were and how to secure a horse for himself. Letting others fight for you was certainly a tried-and-true strategy, but claiming loot or horses without lifting a finger was usually met with hostility. However easy it would be to shoot his "companions" in the back once the fight was over, their proven strength could come in handy in the future. Sighing, Mormeril dives out from his cover, rolling onto one knee and taking aim at the group of eight horsemen. Too easy, he thinks while smiling a wicked smile. Pulling the trigger, a load of bolts are fired from the crossbow within a few moments, speeding towards their targets.

The remaining nomads are assailed by a number of attacks now all at once. The quarrels fired from Mormeril's crossbow take down a rider and his horse with extreme prejudice. Seraphine attempts her spell, but something goes wrong and she miscasts being thrown backward several feet from the energy of the miscast. Skrag charges forward to meet the seven remaining nomads and succeeds in crushing the side of one horse before killing its rider and then continuing in his feral rampage which results in the death of two more nomads and their horses. The four who remain turn to flee only to be assaulted by Wolfe attacking from behind riding one of their own steeds! However, the horse does not fully trust its new master and pulls to a side causing him to miss with his attack. His second attack is slightly more successful knocking the nomad from his horse, but he seems to only be unconscious not dead. The three nomads gallop away desperate to be rid of these monsters and manage to make their escape leaving the mercenaries with only the bodies of the dead and the unconscious nomad who seems to be coming to.

A search of the bodies will find nine rather rusty scimitars, two normal shortbows with thirty arrows, the flowing robes worn by the dead, and several waterskins and packets of dried provisions. All horses are either dead or missing besides the one currently being ridden by Wolfe.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

"Weylos Ta'at..Xis.." Seraphine chants, before being thrown backwards, her mask being knocked off by the force of the misfired spell. She also loses her grip on her rapier, the sword landing about a foot short of where she would. After landing face-down in the sand, she remains still for a few moments before getting up, muttering a curse under her breath as she does so. Seraphine notices a silver glint out of the corner of her eye and quickly picks it up and after dusting it off, puts the mask back on before walking to retrieve her sword.

After walking over to where several bodies are, she quietly picks up a waterskin and packet of dried provisions before walking over to a large piece of wreckage to sit in the shade it provides.

Items acquired : 1x dried provisions packet, 1x waterskin
    Last edited by Xion; April 15, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

Victory I has! The Ogre thunders, pulling one arrow out and then the second.. each followed by a small stream of blood. He had claimed the lives of 6 of the nomadic assailants, two thirds of the fallen - something to find pride in perhaps. He goes lethargically to claim his canon and the canon ball he spent firing on the stupidly unaware scavenger, putting the latter in his cannonball bag. With that done the Irongut scratches his head, as if he'd forgotten why he'd killed these men, before the growl of his stomach reminded him. Skrag eat! He remarked, he devoured his freshest human kill whole with his gapping maw -while putting the choicest cuts of the horse into his meat basket set upon his back, already half filled with spoiling parts of earlier conquests. He then drags the other humans he most recently killed and brings them toward a bit of shade, where he begins eating them one Ogre sized bite after another. What place this is? He questioned between bites, a spray of blood spewing from his gaping maw at the effort.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; April 15, 2016 at 10:00 PM.

Wolfe hops out of the saddle, standing looking at the nomad, he cleans his sword and dirk with a scrap of cloth. He creates some make shift rope out of the robes of the nomads, and he ties his hands and feet together, before tying him to the horse and cantering back to the group of warriors.

He looks at the ogre with disgust, and notes the repeater bow of the elf. He also notes that the Slayer had done nothing to help. Knowing what Seraphine was, he moved over to her, tying his horse near her, and leaving the prisoner draped over a piece of wreckage. He looked Seraphine in the eye "I know what you are, amd you know what I am. We must stick together to get out of this desert with this group of madmen alive, Lahmian. " He then turns round and walks towards the dwarf.

He stops in front of him, and looks the disgusting creature up and down coldly. "Are all Slayers such cowards that they all actually refuse to fight, dwarf? Then again, it would explain why it is unusual to hear about one dying. They were failures before they took the oath, I can't imagine them being any different once they have taken it."
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; April 16, 2016 at 02:05 AM.

The Slayer smiled. He already primed and loaded a pistol earlier today, and it was already drawn. The sod had not noticed, quite foolishly indeed. With a flick of his wrist he lifted it into a rather relaxed position, but so that it was still pointing at the bloodsucker.

Even for a Vampire, you are really stupid. These men had done nothing to me, I had no reason to kill them. Now would you like to be added to my bandolier?

He grinned rather toothily.
    As God wills it.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast