Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 14 JUN 16] Preview: Dale

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [UPD 14 JUN 16] Preview: Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Are you talking about the Tier 1 Northmen Scouts? I figure since they're "scouts", they're part of the official military and the military has provided the horses for them.
    Man, we just got told. Yep that's a good reason, lightly clad scouts with swift horses.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Are you talking about the Tier 1 Northmen Scouts? I figure since they're "scouts", they're part of the official military and the military has provided the horses for them.
    it clearly states that they are peasants for the picture of them in game. so if they are the scouts described in the roster over view which carry such important information, then why are they armored with fur? even though chain mail will do the job of being light enough not to slow them down but provide better protection?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Man, we just got told. Yep that's a good reason, lightly clad scouts with swift horses.
    Lols I was trying not to be antagonist to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern-Ranger View Post
    it clearly states that they are peasants for the picture of them in game. so if they are the scouts described in the roster over view which carry such important information, then why are they armored with fur? even though chain mail will do the job of being light enough not to slow them down but provide better protection?
    I honestly don't see where it suggests they're peasants, sorry. I've got 0 knowledge of the lore, so maybe I'm wrong. I just put the units ingame so meh. Again, not being antagonistic.

Were it shows the pictures it of them along with a spear and sword version it says peasants in big bold letters. And the unit your talking about has a description on the first page were it shows the roster

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Lols I was trying not to be antagonist to be honest.

I honestly don't see where it suggests they're peasants, sorry. I've got 0 knowledge of the lore, so maybe I'm wrong. I just put the units ingame so meh. Again, not being antagonistic.
    I know, that's now how I meant it. It was just supposed to be a joke.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

I must say, Dale looks great. Is there any word on which faction will get the next preview, or have I missed it?

At the moment we're just working on the 5 alpha factions.
    Mordor, Gondor, Isengard, Dale and Imladris.
    So from what I understand, all previews from now on will just be for those factions as we develop them. It'll probably either be piece by piece previews, or save everything up for a huge preview.

Key-low's Avatar Laetus

What about the units you've previewed for Rhun and Harad, are they being set aside for a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by Key-low View Post
    What about the units you've previewed for Rhun and Harad, are they being set aside for a later date?
    Yep. Concept art development is still going on with them, but I don't think actual 3D modelling will be done on them until the Alpha is completed.

At the moment we're just working on the 5 alpha factions.
    Mordor, Gondor, Isengard, Dale and Imladris.
    Might I ask while Dale was chosen to be in alpha? Don't get me wrong, I really like Dale, but I thought that Rohan will be in alpha as they were major faction in LotR and only from watching movies ( most of the people only playing mods like this only watch movies ) won't know much about Dale...

Quote Originally Posted by AWPscrape View Post
    Might I ask while Dale was chosen to be in alpha? Don't get me wrong, I really like Dale, but I thought that Rohan will be in alpha as they were major faction in LotR and only from watching movies ( most of the people only playing mods like this only watch movies ) won't know much about Dale...
    I don't know our official reason, but I think its probably just because people had volunteered to do Dale and were going pretty well with unit cards/descriptions/3D modelling. So just coincidence pretty much (I think).

Key-low's Avatar Laetus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Rohan will be pretty easy to do since they seem to have a Norse/Germanic look to their armor style and many models from the vanilla games and other mods would be easily altered to give them the "right" look.

I thought the same as Key-Low. Besides the fact that they should be more popular than for example Dale.

Enpremi is one of our key members in 3D development and he produces very high quality content. He really loves to work on Dale and it's a bad idea to interrupt someone to work on another faction without finishing the first one. Therefore we chose Dale as one of the Alpha factions because this one will probably be the first completely finished one.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

The fact that Dale isn't as popular as Rohan for example is due to their tiny time spent on the screen. Esgaroth was a there, sure, but you didn't really enjoy it as a spectator. Same goes for the city of Dale. However, Dale as a faction has extrem potential. It spans from the sea of Rhûn to the Misty mountains. Besides, WETA had so many visual concepts prepared that never made it to the movies. So then it's up to me as a visual artist and Maestro and Cshewey as roster and background creators to turn Dale into a major faction which will the players enjoy just as much as Rohan.
    Unfortunately the progress on Dale has been more or less 0 for the past few weeks, due to the fact that my pc has died and i'm trying to fix without spending much many on new components, but so far it is no success. At least I managed to draw concepts for the remaining units in roster, so don't worry, there is some little progress even though it doesn't look so.
    Regards
    Enpremi

Dale are far more interseting than Rohan in my oppinion
    I hope that you wont change your mind and they will be in the beta...

Just throwing these here, so this faction doesn't look so dead.

Amazing Artwork, very good!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Can't wait for release... just amazing!
    Keep up this high quality!