Thread: Not able to control your units? A quick fix here

Icon7 Not able to control your units? A quick fix here

I couldn't find anything quite related to this on this forum; therefore, I have taken it upon myself to post a solution to Germanicu5's stubborn hardcore battle AI, which refuses to allow the player to control their units in some situations. To fix this problem, open up your campaign script within the KGCM mod's folder--C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign for myself-- and push ctrl-F.
    Search for "Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore," then highlight everything following those words until you reach "ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS." Delete the highlighted portion. After this step, there should be nothing following "Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore," and you can even delete that line if you wish.
    I hope this helps you guys because it has frustrated in no small manner to not be able to control my own units.

Ex Tenebris Lux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Not able to control your units? A quick fix here

I'm about to get KGCM... is this something I should just do, or does this not always happen? Could you give a little more background please? When EXACTLY can you not control your units?
    I've been here the whole time.

Default Re: Not able to control your units? A quick fix here

I've never had a big issue with units not responding in KGCM. Withdrawing them from melee combat is messy, but that should be. You can't expect troops to turn their backs to enemy in melee and just try to walk away.