Thread: AI army and agent spam

Default AI army and agent spam

Hey guys. I dont know if i should be posting this here or in the FotE section but since EP changes the campaign here it goes.

Theres a big issue with enemy agent spam. They kill everything and everyone and my spies cant counter everywhere on the map. They re just 3 against 3 times 5 factions im at war with. Is there a way to reduce the number or the efficiency of agents? Reaching level 5 is just a walk in the park in Attila.

Same applies to army spam. Whats with the AI attacking with 5 armies at once? I dont want and I cant play all battles 2 stacks vs 4. Its epic but also annoying. Im not even going to include the garrison armies. Im at a point where I just defend from a fort. I havent had an open battle in like 50 turns and apart from butchering roaming hordes im stuck in my border forts fending off Huns and Saxons as the WRE. I get that thats how its supposed to be but this tends to be too repetitive and boring especially with 12 TPY, plus it prevents you from having open battles which the game is all about. I dont know if reducing the army cap can fix this though.

Is there anything i can do on my own or does it take a mod tweak?

Edit: i forgot to mention im using this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=575505020 Dont know if it changes anything
    Last edited by drillmaster; April 10, 2016 at 03:36 AM.

Default Re: AI army and agent spam

Yeah, we haven't touched agents yet, but it's something we should change.

As far as armies... I have to assume you're talking about the Huns here, attacking with 5 stacks at once. The late-game Hunnic doom stacks can be pretty annoying. Reducing the army cap wouldn't change anything for the Huns, I think, since they get a certain number of armies spawned for free. I think Magnar's Weaker Hun Invasion mod is compatible with EP, if you want to give that a try. Eventually, we'll probably make our own changes to that doom stack spawn script though.

The Saxons shouldn't really be able to send that many stacks after you, unless maybe they've managed to make a big empire themselves.

Well yeah, AI agents very annoying and after a rare succesful kill, they are just keep coming back. About the AI army spawn, I don't mind if a faction have 4-5 almost full stacks, problem is they only attack if they can send 3 stacks on you. However for me Sharp's No forced march did what I wanted. AI now attack even with 1 stack even if they don't have 80%-100% chance to win and thanks to that, Romans can be defeated now aswell.

Interesting. Yeah, removing forced march would decrease the number of AI stacks that can get to you quickly. Maybe I should remove it, but I'll have to think about what effects that might have on other parts of the campaign, like with hordes.