Thread: Valar Morghulis - Total War

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default Valar Morghulis - Total War

Hello all! Announcing...

>>> Watch the Trailer! <<<

The continent of Westeros is in turmoil; King Robert Baratheon, ruler of the seven kingdoms, is dead, his Hand of the King executed, and open rebellion has begun. The old families of the lands are raising their banners ready to fight in the greatest and most terrible game of all - the Game of Thrones.

It's at this point that, in Valar Morghulis, you can come in. This mod allows you to control any of the great houses of Westeros, the Night's Watch, the Wildlings - and that's just in Westeros; the map extends far out into Essos as well, where the Dothraki horselords are vying for supremacy with the expanding Targaryen power in Slaver's Bay and the Free Cities battle for control of the west and look towards the conflict in Westeros with an eye for profit. Who will win and who will die? Your campaign can decide.

INCLUDING...

A fully functioning campaign map that allows you to battle across Westeros and Essos:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lengthened, gritty battles that powerfully evoke the feel of A Song of Ice And Fire:

Detailed and fully developed user interface:

Armies from across Westeros and Essos, from the piratical Ironborn in the far west to the mighty Dothraki khalasars that ride in from the east:

And in the far North something is stirring, for winter is coming...

Download Now

This mod is brought to you by award-winning modder Comrade_General, creator of mods including Persian Invasion, Return of Atlantis, and Total War: Orcs and Humans, with additional contributions from Jubal, creator of Warhammer: Total War, Narnia Total War, and Total War: Battle for Antares IV.

Visit Our Forum

We hope you enjoy the mod - stay tuned and follow this page or check our site for more updates!

Valar Dohaeris: All Men Must Serve
    Valar Morghulis: All Men Must Die

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Valar Morghulis - Total War

This looks epic, makes me want to install Rome TW again.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool!

Amazing work here.

This is great! Thanks for another awesome mod guys!

I just finished my campaign with the Night's Watch the other day and loved it. Alot of the units looked great, use of the music was brilliant and lots more great stuff. Keep up the great work. Just some ideas for if you decided to do an update on the mod:
    change the voices (still hearing about roman greatness) and same for the scrolls, possibly make certain factions (for example Starks/Tullys/Arryns) super-factions like the roman factions are so they don't attack one another, change the appearance of the characters and their unit cards so they look like they are meant to (my Jon Snow looked like a middle aged accountant and the Stark's Robb looks closer to a Targaryen than Stark - just a minor thing really but still), giants for the wildlings, custom settlements could be another possible step (not just seeing the places on the map but actually fighting in/at them). On a grander scale it would be pretty cool (but time consuming) if you made different eras for the campaigns i.e. you could play during Aegon's Conquest, Robert's Rebellion, Blackfyre Rebellion or something along those lines. Although obviously that would require a change in the family tree and the settlements depending on the era. But as I said great work and i'll be on the look out for any future mods you guys make.

I actually would love to find out how to help (if help is needed) with any future updates of this mod. I downloaded and played it and loved everything about it...although I agree with the poster above on most of his points.

Regardless....GREAT job with the Mod!!!!

Awesome job on this! It seems like a work in progress, but it's come very far from the base game and has turned out to be rather terrific.

Further to chrisgaddis88's comment on the voices, I'm pretty familiar with the languages constructed by David J. Peterson for HBO's Game of Thrones adaptation (I'm a linguistics enthusiast and conlanger to boot!), particularly the sound and grammar changes from High to Low Valyrian. While I can't offer recording equipment of any kind, if there are any lines you'd need to translate, I can get them sorted into Dothraki, High Valyrian, Astapori Valyrian or Meereenese Valyrian. If you'd like, I could even construct or interpolate the languages DJP hasn't created yet (like the Free Cities dialects of Valyrian, the Old Tongue or the languages of Ib and the Summer Isles). I can also offer my rather meagre services with textures, though notions of animation and modelling are far beyond my capabilities.

Thank you for the great mod!

Awesome job on this! It seems like a work in progress, but it's come very far from the base game and has turned out to be rather terrific.

Further to chrisgaddis88's comment on the voices, I'm pretty familiar with the languages constructed by David J. Peterson for HBO's Game of Thrones adaptation (I'm a linguistics enthusiast and conlanger to boot!), particularly the sound and grammar changes from High to Low Valyrian. While I can't offer recording equipment of any kind, if there are any lines you'd need to translate, I can get them sorted into Dothraki, High Valyrian, Astapori Valyrian or Meereenese Valyrian. If you'd like, I could even construct or interpolate the languages DJP hasn't created yet (like the Free Cities dialects of Valyrian, the Old Tongue or the languages of Ib and the Summer Isles). I can also offer my rather meagre services with textures, though notions of animation and modelling are far beyond my capabilities.

Thank you for the great mod!