Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded - Unit Roster Overhaul

Default Re: [Release] Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded - Unit Roster Overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Doing that would have made making and balancing the mod quite a bit more time consuming and since time is always limited editing the startpos for the starter armies was the easier solution. So what if you can't use TPY mods for the time being? Alternative TPY versions will be made. Have patience.

In the future I might change the mod so that it doesn't need a startpos but you have to remember that I don't get paid for this so sinking a lot of time into something which can easily be worked around isn't a big priority.
    I certainly wouldn't want to be seen as making demands on your time and effort. Your unit pack is great. But there are many more types of mods than TPY mods that change the startpos. Chief of which IMO is Age of Vikings, which would seriously benefit from a faction diversity pack like this. Have you considered contacting them for to combine your efforts and make your pack compatible?

Cheers!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by tuli View Post
    Ignore that guy, he clearly doesn't understand anything about the mechanics under the hood of any mod.
    Welcome to TWC tuli. Happy first post.
    Having made many mods myself over the past 8 years for various TW titles, including Attila, I believe I understand a thing or two about modding.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Laetus

can you upload this mod in mediafire?? or in another site? thanks

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

Dear modder would you please upload your mod for nonsteam players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Armazd View Post
    Dear modder would you please upload your mod for nonsteam players ?
    You mean pirates ?

When is this coming out?

These units complement very well the Charlemagne campaign. Great job!

Not work for me :'( infinit loading

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by manuloco300 View Post
    can you upload this mod in mediafire?? or in another site? thanks
    The mod is technically not finished (although it is balanced and fine for playing). I updated this a few days ago and am planning at least another two major updates in the future. I will also release minor updates whenever I fix a bug or change the balancing of a unit. I don't want to go through the hassle of removing and uploading non-steam files whenever I update so I won't have a non-steam version until I'm completely finished working on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by xtermin View Post
    Not work for me :'( infinit loading
    Well it's working fine for me. You must be using an incompatible mod.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    I certainly wouldn't want to be seen as making demands on your time and effort. Your unit pack is great. But there are many more types of mods than TPY mods that change the startpos. Chief of which IMO is Age of Vikings, which would seriously benefit from a faction diversity pack like this. Have you considered contacting them for to combine your efforts and make your pack compatible?

Cheers!
    No problem mate

The main reason I chose to make brand new units instead of overwriting the existing units is because of the sheer number of units I'm adding. In the first version of the mod where only the 8 playable factions were overhauled I had something like 390 new units. When I have the minor factions finished that number will be close to 600! As you can imagine trying to balance so many units is a nightmare so I have them all carefully named with things like dane_primarysword_1,2,3,4 and 5. It just made it easier for me to actually make the mod that way and it would have been a hell of a lot more difficult to balance if everything wasn't so carefully named.

But that's not the only thing. There's other stuff like recruitment buildings and garrisons and technologies and I had to make sure each one of them corresponded correctly so that the units actually appeared properly in the campaign. If I didn't have my naming conventions then there would have been a much higher chance of me making some kind of error in the database that, with a mod so big, could take days to find. I didn't have time to risk making mistakes like that (I was racing against Warhammer's release and only had a few months to make a mod that should have taken a year!).

Lastly there's the starting armies themselves. In many cases I completely changed the balancing of a faction's roster and their garrisons because I wanted them to have a more unique flavour than they did in vanilla (an example of this is the Kingdom of Asturias). Putting new units in the startpos rather than overwriting gave me more freedom to make the starting armies that I wanted.

A lot of people ask me about Age of Vikings but I'm not sure I would recommend using my mod with that even if they were compatible. Doesn't Age of Vikings take place in a later time period with new factions and a completely different starting positions? My rosters are tailored made for the factions in Charlemagne's period so I don't really understand quite how they would fit.

As for future plans. Hopefully I will be able to find someone who can make a faction unlock startpos for me or I will learn to do it myself. In that case my mod will unlock factions and hopefully I will be able to add in other TPY versions too once the mod is completely finished. So there won't be any need to use other startpos mods with it!
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

When you have made the faction Unlock can you add dilemmas and kingdom events?

can someone make a direct download of this mod i cant find any

First of all, thanks for this awesome mod !

I experience an issue with it where the modded units names are not showing. I tried a few usual solutions and none worked, and I believe it is because my game is in french. If you do not support this language, maybe I could help you by redaction a french language file or something ?

Edit : Actually, I switched the game to English, and it's way better. Maybe multi-language is not a priority, which would be logical. If a moderator comes by, feel free to delete these two messages.
    And if you want french unit names, I would still be glad to help.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yeah other languages isn't a major priority since I'm not sure exactly how many people would want to use it, it has to be significant to justify the effort that would go into making a translation.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Yeah please someone make a direct download, coz all attila steam mod not working to me.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

There are now alternate turn per year mods available for this if you would like to used them instead of the main mod. They come in 8, 12 and 24 turn per year versions.

Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded - 8 Turns Per Year
    Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded - 12 Turns Per Year
    Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded - 24 Turns Per Year
    Hey! Check out my mods!

HI
    Can you make a mediafire version (or another direct download version?)
    thank you

Can someone please please make a direct link for this? thank you very much guys

Incredible mod thanks Sebidee.

Is there anyway of making Wessex or Northumbria playable?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast