Thread: UI and city names bugs completely out

Default UI and city names bugs completely out

Attachment 336241

I have encountered a bug of some sorts where when i start a campaign the UI and names of cities look like in the above picture. The menu is also bugged out the same way with it only being a white bar with the button text, when i try to quit, the yes/no buttons (or whatever they say) are gone, with just the white background. I am on a Mac,but a friend of mine have the exact same Mac and it works perfectly fine for him. He even sent me a copy of his DV mod folder, so they are identical, but still mine bugs out.
    This same thing happened with another MTW2 mod, i believe it was a LotR style mod.

Anyone know how i can fix it?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: UI and city names bugs completely out

Yeah this can happen, trying to remember what causes it, i'll try find the fix on the forums.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Yea the solution was in one of the threads:
    "- if you have white\empty text fields in your campaign screen you should look if the 3 standard sd files battle.sd, shared.sd, strategy.sd are in the path (dependent on your MTW installation path):C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\uiC:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\uiC:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui...or dependent on your namingif not then create the above standard ui folder (dependent on your naming !) and load up the attachment ui.zip and put the 3 sd files into this standard ui folder (never put them into the mods folder)"

Drumsgoon's Avatar Laetus

Hi, I have the exact same problem, though I play on Windows 8. I have those three .sd files (mentioned by Itza) in the /data/UI map.