Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

depends how you define important...

So I boinked that barmaid from the inn in Vizima. The card collecting feels quite like an upgrade to Gwent. Gotta catch them all
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; June 15, 2016 at 03:12 PM.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

patch 1.22 is out
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 16, 2016 at 06:57 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    patch 1.22 is out
    Wow, and it shows 4.3 GB dl in Steam, seemingly slightly above 1,5 hours with my account.

As for my planned gpu upgrade, the market in Germany is bad supplied with NV's Pascal's, only the FE cards are available without waiting time and with NV's quasi fixed prices.
    Need to wait for 1st of July, then hopefully the custom cards of the 1080/1070 arrived fully the according traders and prices are somewhat balanced.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 17, 2016 at 09:46 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

On GOG is like 2.8GB but i think its compressed.

Wait for Polaris and next Nvidia gen. 1070 and 1080 are just overclocked versions of the old chipset. They are not the real Pascal

OMFG the ending i just had.... No words.... I actually got some tears in my eyes in the final dialogue and all.

Blood & Wine coudnt be better. Seriously....

DONT OPEN IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED IT
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I coudnt believe when the duchess died, i literally shouted NOOO towards the monitor as i really liked her character.

And that final chat in the campfire with Regis... Really got them emotions moving, having read all 7 novels and playing the trilogy...... its finally over.... That last look from Geralt to the camera was perfect.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Patrician Artifex

On GOG is like 2.8GB but i think its compressed.

Wait for Polaris and next Nvidia gen. 1070 and 1080 are just overclocked versions of the old chipset. They are not the real Pascal
    Wait ... (bold part) what? Source?
    The P104 chip for the 10x0 is named Pascal, they work on the P102 chip, which will be used probably for the next coming Titan and/or 10x0 Ti variant.

All in all, current NV's cards rule in gaming performance and other aspects, too (somehow similar theme as with Intel vs AMD cpu).
    Also as for coming AMD's Polaris ... 480(x) ... generally can barely compete with GTX 1080 reference (FE) ? They are but an alternative then to GTX 1080/70 regarding performance.
    AMD's cards (products, just also cpu) have one real advantage: Price. And real disadvantages but: Heat, noise and power consumption ... which are decisive factors for me, makes subjectively a lot up for the bad NV price-ratio.

I agree but, the NV card prices are actually overpriced, really somewhat shameless money-grabbing (few years ago i paid around 800 € for a whole pc capable for gaming, now it's the price for a GTX 1080 video card).
    All players who have no issues with a quite loud heating-block (the pc) should go with these AMD cards, yes. When AMD solves that some day, then i'll reconsider their video card products (used them also a LOT generations back). It's good though, that AMD exists overall as competitor to Nvidia and Intel. Hopefully, when the AMD/Radeon 480 is on the market, the GTX 1080/70 prices fall a bit ... means for the ones, who wanna wait quite some time for a next fx card purchase, they should wait for the 480 arriving the market to compete the 1080/70.

Not making this a AMD vs. Nvidia thread though, those are just kinda facts, imo.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Wait ... (bold part) what? Source?

All in all, current NV's cards rule in gaming performance and other aspects, too (somehow similar theme as with Intel vs AMD cpu).
    Also as for coming AMD's Polaris ... 480(x) ... generally can barely compete with GTX 1080 reference (FE) ?

AMD's cards have one real advantage: Price. And real disadvantages but: Heat, noise and power consumption ... which are decisive factors for me, makes subjectively a lot up for the bad NV price-ratio.

I agree but, the NV card prices are actually overpriced, really somewhat shameless money-grabbing (few years ago i paid around 800 € for a whole pc capable for gaming, now it's the price for a GTX 1080 video card).
    All players who have no issues with a quite loud heating-block (the pc) should go with these AMD cards, yes. When AMD solves that some day, then i'll reconsider their video card products (used them also a LOT generations back).

Not making this a AMD vs. Nvidia thread though, those are just kinda facts, imo.
    They dont rule anything. Its known that Nvidia wins in some games and Amd in others. Benchmarks are relative, considering also that drivers have the lion role in performance and stability. Rx 480 is a mid-end card as exactly as the other Polaris 10 cards which are going to be released soon. AMD brandnew flagships have still to be released. They will have to release at the end of this year an improved Polaris architecture and it will be called Polaris 11 aka Vega. Vega is what you need to wait for. High end Amd cards
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

Patrician Artifex

They dont rule anything. Its known that Nvidia wins in some games and Amd in others. Benchmarks are relative, considering also that drivers have the lion role in performance and stability. Rx 480 is a mid-end card as exactly as the other Polaris 10 cards which are going to be released soon. AMD brandnew flagships have still to be released. They will have to release at the end of this year an improved Polaris architecture and it will be called Polaris 11 aka Vega. Vega is what you need to wait for. High end Amd cards
    I wrote "all in all" for a reason.
    For gamers, not only the pure benchmarked gaming performance is an important aspect (where imo. only in a pretty few titles some AMD cards are better in certain aspects, and in whole for example better with their tearing/vsync tech), where but the GTX 1080 is currently without doubt the fastest card.
    Read again above ie.: Noise, heat and power consumption. Thing is still, AMD has the purchase-price advantage and their better cards can play very well current games for much less money.
    Unwanted .. this can become a AMD vs Nvidia thread, there are enough in the web. Let's stop it here.
    You started it with your comic "not real Pascal", you might give an answer to this still with a source.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I wrote "all in all" for a reason.
    For gamers, not only the pure benchmarked gaming performance is an important aspect (where imo. only in a pretty few titles some AMD cards are better in certain aspects, and in whole for example better with their tearing/vsync tech), where but the GTX 1080 is currently without doubt the fastest card.
    Read again above ie.: Noise, heat and power consumption. Thing is still, AMD has the purchase-price advantage and their better cards can play very well current games for much less money.
    Unwanted .. this can become a AMD vs Nvidia thread, there are enough in the web. Let's stop it here.
    You started it with your comic "not real Pascal", you might give an answer to this still with a source.
    Literal from Guru3D (conclusion page):

" The Pascal GP104 architecture is interesting, as in aside from a few changes in the pipeline, it looks VERY similar to Maxwell. Make no mistake there have been changes, but it shares a very similar structure."

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,30.html

Yes its more powerful than a 980ti of course. They called it Pascal but in reality it is more a Maxwell Extreme card edition than Pascal. Exactly as the first Titan X released years ago, more powerful that the Nvidia high end card at the time. With the same architecture but with more bandwith, memory and clock

Patrician Artifex

Well, i've read probably many such similar reports.

The publisher decides the name of a product. That's all that's to say.
    So "not real Pascal" remains a comic subjective interpretation, nothing representative.

Because is what it is. A fake Pascal. The real Pascal's having brandnew architectures will be released after the arrival of Vega, the AMD high end's.
    To put it in a vehicle way, you can take a VW Golf 5, put a Mustang engine on and call it Golf Mustang 90. But Golf 5 will remain, even if overpowered by the 'stang enhancement. The outside and inside is the same. Just the engine is different.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

In female population of The Witcher universe only Anna Henriatta knows how to properly ride a horse.
    Last edited by gastovski; June 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

Almost at the end of the game. Too bad you cant color all the other armors

technically speaking, ordinary armors would be better non-wearable... 99% of them are type no Witcher would ever use.. they are bulky, heavy and very restricting, therefore completely unsuitable for Witcher style combat... most of them dont even make sense, like for example all those Skellige armors being found in Velen's (how? why?) dungeons and every chest... Lots of "relic" armors are just variant of ordinary armor with some bonuses on top, but they don't look anyhow special, and most of them even dont make sense (Zyrael armor should be ancient, but it looks like 15.century half plate, Shiadal armor looks like ordinary quilted linnen vest, etc...)

Personally, i would remove all these completely, and rather reuse some of Witcher 2 armors (not all of them ofcourse) into additional special "Witcher sets" and ordinary vests - same as Eskel and Lambert are wearing in Witcher 3...

Witcher 2 has several light vests that look very good converted into W3:

(cant help it but some vanilla armors look just awful)

Patrician Artifex

JaM, totally agree, also alone judging on W2 game experience, one finds also a lot obsolete or Witcher-unfitting armors, ie. faction armors.
    I modded quite some armors myself in the according W2 xml's, so all of them make at least real sense stats wise (same for swords).

One old senseful W2 armor mod is this, too http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/93/? ...which exchanges the book on some armors with bag (can be done easily in the xml file, a number change only).

I'm all for such changes which you described above, this in your eventually coming W3 mod or mod modules.
    Add to this the bag instead book thing, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    technically speaking, ordinary armors would be better non-wearable... 99% of them are type no Witcher would ever use.. they are bulky, heavy and very restricting, therefore completely unsuitable for Witcher style combat... most of them dont even make sense, like for example all those Skellige armors being found in Velen's (how? why?) dungeons and every chest... Lots of "relic" armors are just variant of ordinary armor with some bonuses on top, but they don't look anyhow special, and most of them even dont make sense (Zyrael armor should be ancient, but it looks like 15.century half plate, Shiadal armor looks like ordinary quilted linnen vest, etc...)

Personally, i would remove all these completely, and rather reuse some of Witcher 2 armors (not all of them ofcourse) into additional special "Witcher sets" and ordinary vests - same as Eskel and Lambert are wearing in Witcher 3...

Witcher 2 has several light vests that look very good converted into W3:

(cant help it but some vanilla armors look just awful)

Yeah usually yes i agree. But i managed to wear the full Tesham Mutna vampiric armor and it has superior stats compared to witcher's, plus the same number of free slots for each piece of gear, the same you will find in a regular witcher's armor. Furthermore it has also the passive ability to refill some of your health after killing. Combined to all the resistance to bleeding runestones i put on it to my heavily alchemic Geralt, i can say i became extremely tough to be defeated.

Theres another vampiric armor who is stronger than this (but red). Requires level 54, with better armor and weapons stats and im about to finding it

i'm not talking about special armors, but those you can craft at the beginning of the game.. in such situation, you would not craft some ordinary Infantry-grade armors, that are unsuitable for witcher style combat... makes no sense - even in books, Geralt and Vesemir are mentioned using light leather jackets that dont restrict movement too much.. (Vesemir was mentioned to pay 300 Novigrad crowns for such jacket)

Anyway, even in Vanilla game, those base armors have practically no use - they usually have 0% resistance against monster attacks, so you are unprotected against most common attack you will face.. only use for these is if you have to fight bandits in bandit camps (usually i just dress the armor with best slashing/bludgeoning/piercing percentages, preferably all highest possible, so occasional hit from arrow or mace wont do too much damage), but fighting any monsters, you are better using Witcher set (in my current play, i use Warrior leather jacket (lvl1!!!) mixed with Griffin trousers, boots and assassin gloves - this way, i have around 15-20% resistance to slashing/piercing/bludgeoning and most importantly monsters. Actual Armor value is unimportant (right now have around 100) as it just subtracts from overall damage enemy deals, while resistance removes percentage of damage, which means 20% resistance might be much more effective than armor 200 value...

oh, and Blood and Wine, i actually preffer using Manticore armor.. its high with all resistances except Bludgeoning which is at 0%, so i have to watch out for bandits with clubs, but at the other side, it increases toxicity, so if you use Euphoria mutation, combined with some alchemy skill that increases toxicity threshold, you can get up to 300+ toxicity, which grants you 300% to your attack power... drink ekimara decoction, and you dont need Tesham Mutna armor to be insanely hard to kill... every hit will heal you by 10% of your attack power... which might get up to 10000+ with a silver sword (so 1000 HP healing per hit...who needs more?)

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

ME

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I got the tragedy ending where both sisters die. Gonna do another run for happy ending and possible glorious sex too.

Yeah i used to have Manticore gear equipped. Improves tolerance (perfect for my build) but apart that, the stats are pretty weak for me. Btw, with my uber alchemic Geralt i can use 4 decotions at the same time and i stay around 90% of the max tolerance limit. With the remaining 10% i usually alternate superior thunderbolt potion with something else and of course, i also have a potion perk that will make the potions you drink to have a almost permanent effect till the tolerance goes down to a certain limit. Managed to do more than 4300 damage points plus additional bleeding points with a single fast blow (witcher silver sword) against a stronger insectoid than me. Im lev 50 no ng plus.

Blood and Wine is great. Some epic quests of all time like the one of Roach.

Game is easily a 9.5/10 for me