Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Performance is greater with the new release, good job CDPR. The new UI is horrible, bad job CDPR.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    Never had glitches like that. Did you install the patch before the game?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Speaking about Steam installs: He should have the patch automatically, except auto-update is disabled (manually).

I'm a bit away from W3, still playing W2, personally didn't experience any glitches in this (imo. great) title, which i started anew for the x-th time, because got a lot info on the web, which are relevant (example: character development, what you have to do to get certain properties for Geralt, the ingame tutorial is a "bit" thin imo. - german site, Gamepedia: Charaktermerkmale).
    I will then, when finally W2 finished, install the whole W3 files up to Blood and Wine in one step from Steam.

Guys, keep us updated how you experience Blood and Wine including the patch (and respectively all Witcher titles). Also, how is the performance on your systems (list your specs).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 01, 2016 at 07:01 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Yes with Steam. But if you have GOG, you can download the patches and dlcs apart and install them later whenever you want.

back on Blood and Wine. Its beautiful and i've never encountered a single bug till now. Interface is different but its matter of personal taste. I like it. And i like the way now you can read books. Without entering the inventory. Performance and graphics are improved

Last edited by DAVIDE; June 01, 2016 at 07:02 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Yes with Steam. But if you have GOG, you can download the patches and dlcs apart and install them later whenever you want.

Right, that's because i wrote "Steam" installs ( which have actually this auto-update feature, a main reason to use it overall ).

I'm also registered on GOG, but never ordered a title there. Also as for B&W, afaik it's not cheaper there compared to Steam's current sale.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I have some Gog games installed like w3 and divinity original sins enhanced edition. Its more practical than Steam because it helps you out if you dont have a uber internet connection and does not require you to go online to go in offline mode then. But Steam is more complete. As you said, you can download everything in a single row

Patrician Artifex

I have some Gog games installed like w3 and divinity original sins enhanced edition. Its more practical than Steam because it helps you out if you dont have a uber internet connection and does not require you to go online to go in offline mode then. But Steam is more complete. As you said, you can download everything in a single row

I play usually Steam-offline. It doesn't require Steam-online to change into offline: Simply applicate Steam when you are offline (or online, doesn't matter), choose Offline mode.
    Honestly, a game-platform that would require to be online for gaming would be quitted instantly by me, not as for online-costs (just flatline), but for the principle that a connected server browses your computer (via your permission, if a service provider).
    But it's just recommended to be Steam-online from time to time, so the access/client data gets updated, plus of course to look for title-offers etc.

Most Steam customers but play online, as for the "achievement" points/icons whatsoever or just as for Multi mode and/or chats.

Back to W3 B&W, found some reviews:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...nd-wine-review

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/th...blood-and-wine

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3...d-wine-review/
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 01, 2016 at 07:48 AM.

Never had glitches like that. Did you install the patch before the game?
    Yes. Another glitch I've run in one sidequest is after cutscene a fight begins and I am frozen for good 5 seconds and everyone can guess what it means to stand 5 seconds in midst of hostile crowd. Reloading the save didn't help and loading even earlier save and redoing the quest still led to the same problem, so I'm probably just staying away from that quest for the timebeing. Otherwise it's been pretty solid piece of work, if nothing spectacular IMHO.

Did you have mods installed before Blood and Wine? Some of them may create conflicts or be broken

Witcher 3 Patch 1.21 broken mods:

Auto loot
    FriendlyHUD
    Auto Apply Oils
    Improved Sign Effects
    Jump in Shallow Water
    KNG Critical Slow Motion Combat
    ESGO
    ExtendedHUD
    Enhancement System
    Indestructible items
    Fast travel from anywhere
    The Atmospheric Nights mod
    Volumetric Clouds
    Friendly HUD
    Enemy Level Scaling
    Always Permanent Rune Glow
    Map Quest Objectives
    Field of View (FOV) Slider
    No Witcher Sense Zoom FX plus Toggle and Range
    Custom Localization Fix
    Gwent Card Dealer
    Gwent Deluxe
    I Choose the Trophy
    Perks Always Active and/or Elys All Skill Active
    Mainmap Zoom
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 01, 2016 at 11:12 AM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Pfft, most of them working now.

Did you have mods installed before Blood and Wine? Some of them may create conflicts or be broken
    None and I am 100% sure as I have never, ever used mods for W3. Saving that for ng+ game some time in the future.
    Last edited by Mjarr; June 01, 2016 at 11:43 AM.

the bugged quest you were talking about earlier is "Warble of a Smitten Knight"?

It happened once during that quest but a reload solved it. It's a sidequest South East in the map that (so far) always glitches after cutscene.

exit the game and re enter (from desktop)

Rebooting the game never solved the load issue regardless was it immediately after it happened or loading backup save\autosave way before and doing the same, I tried that several times. I've just avoided the quest for now and plan to try it again once I've progressed the plot further or done some other sidequests.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    Rebooting the game never solved the load issue regardless was it immediately after it happened or loading backup save\autosave way before and doing the same, I tried that several times. I've just avoided the quest for now and plan to try it again once I've progressed the plot further or done some other sidequests.
    Sounds like a real bug.

I would recommend to approach the official tech support section (CDPR forums), make a report there: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/174-Tech-Support ... so CDPR guys can check that out, and/or possibly other players can say something which played that sidequest already, too.
    You are in good society there. A game released and no bugs is merely impossible ... would be rather a miracle. While often several "bugs" also sitting in front of the computer. Ie. i would always recommend to start a new game, especially when a massive patch is out or as for complex files installed from DLCs, also if technically starting a former save is possible a often mentioned by the devs.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 02, 2016 at 08:47 AM.

When I tried the quest again later the bug no longer occured, so I would write it off as random glitch with no simple explanation in sight. Same with Roach cannot gallop- glitch since I had it constantly early on and then it simply vanished, but I also ran into glitch Roach's stamina didn't recover unless I used fast travel to return into vanilla game location and back.

For Roach stamina, take damage to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Performance is greater with the new release, good job CDPR. The new UI is horrible, bad job CDPR.
    i actually like the new UI much more than the old one... those buffs dont obscure through the middle of the screen anymore, and are smaller, less distracting. plus, if you wanna see time and name, its always shown once you press the button for circular (sign) menu..

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    i actually like the new UI much more than the old one... those buffs dont obscure through the middle of the screen anymore, and are smaller, less distracting. plus, if you wanna see time and name, its always shown once you press the button for circular (sign) menu..
    Agreed, the new UI is a huge improvement over the old.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?