Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    You could then do the same as me and get the basic needs mod. Includes having to eat, drink and sleep (meditate, which is awesome with the friendly hud mod too). Though the new patch coming with Blood and Wine will make all mods have to be updated...
    Well yes, for everybody coming from Skyrim using realism/immersion mods, this 'Basic Needs' mod is a must-have (from all the imo. pretty useless mods offered at Nexus in the W3 section).

Unfortunetely, according to the comments on the Basic Needs mod page, it is not anymore proper functionable with patch 1.12?

Wulfbirk, perhaps you can leave us here a post, when you know, that it is updated and works properly with B&W (with a link), if overall, as it seems the original author isn't active on it anymore?

And right, with B&W, many mods need an update, while i don't care about all the obsolete or cheat mod stuff there on W3 Nexus pages ... with some rare exceptions, judging on the first 16 pages watched W3 Nexus mods ... don't misunderstand, i'm a fan of Nexus mods ... regarding Skyrim (although there is a plethora of useless Skyrim mods as well, daily new), and even for W2 there are a few useful mods from the less provided ones for W2 (using a handful myself) ... serious modders seem to be absent from W3, lol.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 25, 2016 at 03:54 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

DaVinci,

I totally disageee with the other user about the futility of dlcs. Dlcs add very interesting things in a way or another and i explain you specifically in detail one by one

Temerian Armor Set

its not true it is useless. Temerian armor for you and horse can be used at the very beginning of the game when ure level 4 and its pretty powerful for an early game gear. and this gear levels. Means that you can find it levelled later in the game when you re lev 30 or below / above. im talking about regular game not ng+

Beard and Hairstyle Set

its not true beard doesnt grow. I always shave my geralt and beard takes some ingame days to fully regrow. Dlc also adds different styles of hair and beards you can choose from

New Quest – ‘Contract: Missing Miners’

Interesting dlc. Short but with a pretty good ending in which you have to choose according to your morality. The two endings of dlc are morally the opposite

Alternative Look for Yennefer

The look i choose. Outfit exposes Yens bare legs and part of the cleavage. Better looking outfit than original blavk and white one

Nilfgaardian Armor Set
    Medium leather armor for you and horse bearing the style of Nilfgaard and can level too.

Elite Crossbow Set

Crossbows are pretty useless in the game but anyway add other sets of crossbows

New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’

Dlc about an interesting story of villagers moved by greed and turned into something else by a misterious magic..

Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set

set of gwent cards

New Quest – ‘Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear’

Wolf gear is the most powerful witcher gear out there in regular game (HOS excluded) and its great looking

Alternative Look for Triss

dont like the look of Triss here. Some kind of sourceress of old outfit style.

New Quest – ‘Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted’

Very interesting dlc in Skellige, in which a group made by different creatures are first fooling you, trapping you, hunting you because they think you are a murderer and the ending (when you meet them face to face) can be good or bad according to the morality you chose during the game. If you killed creatures indiscriminately or spared

Skellige Armor Set

Viking style medium and heavy armor for you and horse. Heavy armor requires lev 41 to be equipped

Alternative Look for Ciri

Great. Ciri here add a cool looking chain mail and pants

New Quest – ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’

Super cool dlc. It starts like a normal monster contract quest but then it turns out in something totally different. With a witcher slaughtering AN ENTIRE village. The end you choose for the quest is related to your morality

New Finisher Animations
    New cool looking animations

NEW GAME +.

no need to explanations

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by DAVIDE; May 25, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks Davide, you did a good service with more detailled insight info of the free DLCs, for everybody reading here and eventually coming new to Witcher 3. The info on Steam with these DLCs is just pretty thin, imo.

I personally planned to install all of them after i got the info that none of them break anything in whatever regard, that was my subjective focus.
    As for the alternate garments, i understood it so, that it is in-game, or better said while one is playing, possible to disable them if they are not after the players taste, so i probably let them all in, and decide then. This particular DLC disabling most likely is not recommended for the extra quests, when one is already within them

Another point comes to my mind, how was it here still with W3 importing a last save from W2, any last W2 equipment implemented and/or Geralt W2 properties at Wild Hunt start?
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 25, 2016 at 03:51 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    DaVinci,

I totally disageee with the other user about the futility of dlcs. Dlcs add very interesting things in a way or another and i explain you specifically in detail one by one

Temerian Armor Set

its not true it is useless. Temerian armor for you and horse can be used at the very beginning of the game when ure level 4 and its pretty powerful for an early game gear. and this gear levels. Means that you can find it levelled later in the game when you re lev 30 or below / above. im talking about regular game not ng+
    I never said it was useless. I simply considered it quite meh because it ran into the issue "oh here's free DLC to make rather easy game potentially even easier." from getgo which is why I didn't install it. Now part of the problem is what one considers easy might balls to the walls- hard for another one, and I still think W3's worst problem mechanically how the challenge vanishes within hours until Hearts of Stone.

Beard and Hairstyle Set

its not true beard doesnt grow. I always shave my geralt and beard takes some ingame days to fully regrow. Dlc also adds different styles of hair and beards you can choose from
    I should have worded that one better since the new hairstyles are not 100% static, but compared to the default hairstyle you will hit certain static limits faster than the default style, and if you opt to go without a beard the best you get is hint of a stubble and it's static otherwise with no need to visit barber obviously.
    Last edited by Mjarr; May 25, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Thanks Davide, you did a good service with more detailled insight info of the free DLCs, for everybody reading here and eventually coming new to Witcher 3. The info on Steam with these DLCs is just pretty thin, imo.

I personally planned to install all of them after i got the info that none of them break anything in whatever regard, that was my subjective focus.
    As for the alternate garments, i understood it so, that it is in-game, or better said while one is playing, possible to disable them if they are not after the players taste, so i probably let them all in, and decide then. This particular DLC disabling most likely is not recommended for the extra quests, when one is already within them

Another point comes to my mind, how was it here still with W3 importing a last save from W2, any last W2 equipment implemented and/or Geralt W2 properties at Wild Hunt start?

No need to keep your W1 and W2 save games installed. Once you start the game for the first time, after selecting the difficulty, the game will ask you if you want to restore your choices in W2 yes or no. After finished the prologue in White Orchard (the very first area of the game), IF YOU DECIDED YES TO RESTORE W2 CHOICES, a Nilfgaardian general will ask you some questions about the choices you made in W2. You have to answer these questions of course:

One is related to the siege of La Valette

One about the first village of W2 if you sided Roche or Elves

One about if you went to save Triss or helped Roche with Anais

One about Letho and his fate

One about the sourceress at the end of W2, if you killed her or spared her

ATTENTION: if you say you spared Letho, Letho will show up during W3 and will have his personal quests. And according to how his quest ended, he wi later re appear again to help you out during an important part of the game

The sourceress if spared too, will show up too but in a little cameo.

ATTENTION 2:

IN WITCHER 3, YOU DONT KEEP ANY OF THE W2 GEAR STUFF YOU OWNED. ITS A GAME APART.

About gear given in DLCs, if you dont like the look of them or the stats/bonuses they have, you have different choices:

1) sell them back to earn money ( DLC gear sold by merchants will always respawn in merchants inventory. Means that if you sell temerian armor for example, you can re buy it whenever you want eventually from the same vendor)

2) Put them away in your personal chests. Chests are the places in which you can storage your stuff to lower your weight limit

Last edited by DAVIDE; May 25, 2016 at 04:37 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Useful info again, thanks. The chest storage thing is known from W1 and 2.

What W2 and W3 start siutations need imo., is the following (missing) content: Start character properties (a subjective balancing choice). Similar to for example FO3:NewVegas vanilla, where you have just a set of points to distribute into skills for the start-character properties before you go out into the world ... that kind of character-preparation would make the lore background a bit more plausible.

As for B&W, which comes with a patch as well, at least here CDPR decided to change the challenge curve a bit, so it is less gradual from pretty high to lowered towards the end of the plot(s). Although in W2, i can't say that's the case (in my experience), the bosses there are quite challenging through the whole game. Well, and with W1 the scheme of high to lower just was plausible along the lore.
    Another option might be also, to increase the difficulty setting in-game from ie. Normal to what one thinks is right later.

Well, it's all critic on very high level. I personally never played a better RPG or even game overall than the Witcher series, and this judged only with W1 and 2. My personal hype is big for W3, of course.

I even plan to purchase a GTX 1070 or 1080 prior to the W3 start, which replaces my still good functioning GTX 660ti stock OC (returned a GTX 980 few weeks ago, thanks to JaM who informed me about the new cards coming, since then i'm updated with the 1070/1080 according info: Specs, benchmarks, prices), will be the highest investment into a fx card that i ever did then, still unsure between a winning GTX 1070 regarding price/performance ratio or the fx beast that the GTX 1080 will be for a many years gaming Next Gen titles, very probably. End of the month, the 1080 are available on market and from up 10th June the 1070, both the so-called Founders Edition, the NV reference models (high quality components).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 25, 2016 at 05:16 PM.

Useful info again, thanks. The chest storage thing is known from W1 and 2.

What W2 and W3 start siutations need imo., is the following (missing) content: Start character properties. Similar to for example FO3:NewVegas vanilla, where you have just a set of points to distribute for the start-character properties before you go out into the world ... that kind of character-preparation would make the lore background a bit more plausible.

As for B&W, which comes with a patch as well, at least here CDPR decided to change the challenge curve a bit, so it is less gradual from pretty high to lowered towards the end of the plot(s). Although in W2, i can't say that's the case (in my experience), the bosses there are quite challenging through the whole game. Well, and with W1 the scheme of high to lower just was plausible along the lore.
    Another option might be also, to increase the difficulty setting in-game from ie. Normal to what one thinks is right later.

Well, it's all critic on very high level. I personally never played a better RPG or even game overall than the Witcher series, and this judged only with W1 and 2. My personal hype is big for W3, of course.
    About Storage: chests in W3 were added in the fifth or sixth patch if i recall. In vanilla version 1.0 of the game there were no chests at all. Anyway now they are present. When you open the map, storage chests are shown as a green colored chest

About alchemic stuff and crafting material: In vanilla 1.0 any of the alchemic stuff and crafting material had a weight. Now the weight is set to zero. Means that you can keep all crafting material, plants or alchemic stuff you want without going to vendors to lower your weight

About difficulty: there are 4 difficulty settings to choose from.

In the first two, your life points will restore after meditated.

In the last two, life points do not restore at all after meditated and you restore just thru potions or food or skills

Game is not difficult at all. To enjoy the game at his best, with better AI of enemies i suggest you to play with the hardest one called death march

About skills:

You start from level 0 or 1 dont remember. After every level up, game will give you a single skill point. There are three skill trees to put this point to:

1) the one related to melee, archery, rage

2) Signs

3) Alchemy

4) general stuff like bonuses for light/medium/heavy gear, more additional points to tolerance, points to raise weight limit et cetera.

Enemies: enemies and monsters dont level. Means that if you are level 2 and meet a level 14 monster and he attacks you, you are about to die after a single blow and your damage towards him will be almost zero. Because you are no match to him. Strenght gap between him and you is too high

Quests and exp points: when you open the quest menu, you will notice that the quests may be colored in different ways

Green means that you are in the normal range for this quest and you will earn full exp points

Red means that this quest cannot be approached at your level. If approchead, its almost impossible to finish it. Cuz monsters are too strong

Grey means that you are too overpowered for that quest. Example is you are lev 30 and you do a level 4 quest. In this case the exp points earnt are almost zero

GREEN colored quests remain green for six levels after yours and then turn grey. Means that if you are level 1 and you do a level 1 quest, this quest will remain green till you reach level 6 or 7. Then it turns grey and give you no exp point

Last edited by DAVIDE; May 25, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

About hardware. W3 is high demanding.

I play Ultra at 1080p at 40-49 fps (hair mode included), if i increase to 1440p thru Ati setting i have to lower hair feature (i have ati gpu)

I have....

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 900D
    MOBO: AsRock Z97 extreme6
    CPU: I7 Haswell 4790K Devils Canyon overclocked to 4.7 Ghz
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 dual fan
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 16GB (2x8) cas 9 overclocked
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Flex Dual-X with boost 3GB DDR5 overclocked

Last edited by DAVIDE; May 25, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Worth mentioning is that Prologue area serves as some kind of a tutorial, but its well designed area, worth exploring through and through, as it contains a lot of items that can help you later.. Also, area contains several places of power (5 if I recall correctly) which all grant you +1 skill point. Usually you end up being level 4 when finishing White Orchard, so technically, you should be leaving with 9-10 exp points spendable for abilities at character screen...

and about Gwent card game, before challenging someone, always save the game. If you lose you dont have any other chances to win special cards from him

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

What, yes you do. I played the Baron like 10 times before I won his special card because my deck was so rubbish at the time, the same goes for normal card players. There are however a couple of missable cards (storyspoilers from Novigrad):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    At the party with Triss there's a chance to win three different cards at a game going on (there's a yellow ! marking the game) and if you don't win the three matches and finish the storymission there's no way to get them afterwards.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

i meant in general. If you lose high stakes tournaments you have no chance to start back again

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Oh that's true, completely forgot about that!
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Yup sorry my post was a bit confusing. You were right too btw.

Patrician Artifex

Great info for any W3 "late-comer", thanks a lot!

About Storage: chests in W3 were added in the fifth or sixth patch if i recall. In vanilla version 1.0 of the game there were no chests at all. Anyway now they are present. When you open the map, storage chests are shown as a green colored chest
    That's interesting. Then it means, W3 1.0 put out a feature, that is at least vanilla part of the W1 and 2 EE versions, there you have storage chests in the taverns or partially also in rooms assigend to Geralt (ie. in the dwarven settlement, Vergen). Good, that this got patched in W3.

However, again i can only recommend the ones who perhaps only played from up W3 to play also W1 and 2 and afterwards perhaps again W3 (once more, then with Blood and Wine). Already W1 made me a complete Witcher fan, W2 deepens that only.

The Witcher series: The best games in the history of RPG, imo. - and for me subjectively regarding all games, also best gaming experience in whole.

About hardware. W3 is high demanding.

I play Ultra at 1080p at 40-49 fps (hair mode included), if i increase to 1440p thru Ati setting i have to lower hair feature (i have ati gpu)

I have....

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 900D
    MOBO: AsRock Z97 extreme6
    CPU: I7 Haswell 4790K Devils Canyon overclocked to 4.7 Ghz
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 dual fan
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 16GB (2x8) cas 9 overclocked
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Flex Dual-X with boost 3GB DDR5 overclocked

You'll know it, too. Your bottleneck to experience higher than 49 fps is the fx card (gpu). Else you are completely set.
    Of course, it's a subjective item if 40+ fps is already (fully) satisfying; i see, you have "hairmode" on (is this AMD's equivalent to NV's "Hairworks"?), setting that off should enable some more fps on ultra/1080p.
    I personally need rather solid 55+ or just as kinda minimum goal 60+ fps to feel really satisfied with the graphics aka subjective fluent game experience.

Wild Hunt: Ultra, 1080p and higher, benchmarks: http://www.techspot.com/review/1006-...rks/page4.html

The new, now coming, NV cards, GTX 1080 and also the 1070, can solve that rather easily, with 60+ fps, ultra/1080p (and everything on).
    Anyways, my GTX 660ti stock OC is hopelessly overwelmed for W3 along what i experience now in W2, that is 60+ on ultra/1080p (of course, without uber-sampling on).
    I'm in the decision-finding between purchasing the GTX 1080 or 1070, the latter is the price/performance-winner, while the 1080 will provide a solid ground for quite many years of coming New Gen games.

GTX 1070, first benchmarks: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gef...s-surface.html

GTX 1080, benchmarks: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,28.html and especially with W3 Wild Hunt http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...review,23.html
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 27, 2016 at 01:42 AM.

Great info for any W3 "late-comer", thanks a lot!

That's interesting. Then it means, W3 1.0 put out a feature, that is at least vanilla part of the W1 and 2 EE versions, there you have storage chests in the taverns or partially also in rooms assigend to Geralt (ie. in the dwarven settlement, Vergen). Good, that this got patched in W3.

However, again i can only recommend the ones who perhaps only played from up W3 to play also W1 and 2 and afterwards perhaps again W3 (once more, then with Blood and Wine). Already W1 made me a complete Witcher fan, W2 deepens that only.

The Witcher series: The best games in the history of RPG, imo. - and for me subjectively regarding all games, also best gaming experience in whole.

You'll know it, too. Your bottleneck to experience higher than 49 fps is the fx card (gpu). Else you are completely set.
    Of course, it's a subjective item if 40+ fps is already (fully) satisfying; i see, you have "hairmode" on (is this AMD's equivalent to NV's "Hairworks"?), setting that off should enable some more fps on ultra/1080p.
    I personally need rather solid 55+ or just as kinda minimum goal 60+ fps to feel really satisfied with the graphics aka subjective fluent game experience.

Wild Hunt: Ultra, 1080p and higher, benchmarks: http://www.techspot.com/review/1006-...rks/page4.html

The new, now coming, NV cards, GTX 1080 and also the 1070, can solve that rather easily, with 60+ fps, ultra/1080p (and everything on).
    Anyways, my GTX 660ti stock OC is hopelessly overwelmed for W3 along what i experience now in W2, that is 60+ on ultra/1080p (of course, without uber-sampling on).
    I'm in the decision-finding between purchasing the GTX 1080 or 1070, the latter is the price/performance-winner, while the 1080 will provide a solid ground for quite many years of coming New Gen games.

GTX 1070, first benchmarks: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gef...s-surface.html

GTX 1080, benchmarks: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,28.html and especially with W3 Wild Hunt http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...review,23.html
    Yup. Hairworks feature is called but it works really really bad with any ATI gpu's. Its a Nvidia feature. Ati has own hair feature but its not been used by W3 developers in this game. Infact i have good drops of fps when i activate nvidia hairworks. If i play 1080p with hairworks completely deactivated i can earn up to 10 frames per second easily reaching 55-58 fps in crowded big towns. Anyway if you own a high end nvidia card you dont have this problem basically. Or its very limited in the worst case.

No need for a 1080 card. Even a 970 or 980 is good enough to enjoy the gmae at ultra if accompanied by a powerful cpu, ram and cooler

Game is very fluid even at 30 fps i can assure you. Seen this on a Ps4

Last edited by DAVIDE; May 27, 2016 at 05:11 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quoting myself ...
    ... i'm very excited about a game in development, currently in beta (long way to release), which one can get via their site and contribute to the development via their forum.

This is Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/de# ... not really comparable with The Witcher, as KCD is a historical Realism based medieval RPG setting, but as for NextGen games, that might be one of the games for which i personally would vote "best new game" in this category of RPG. I hope they will deliver ( as their game title suggests ) at release. Watch through their site for the features.

The following in-game video by Warhorse as demo for IGN explains many things.

Last edited by DaVinci; May 27, 2016 at 08:02 AM.

DLC is out. Downloading it

So far:
    -The UI patch is quite awful. For few good improvements the rest have either gone a step back or completely retarded, the most prominent being remember back when potion and other powerup durations were displayed by minutes and seconds rather than simple circle that ticks down? Especially if you have build that improves potion duration as well?
    -B&W bosses at least knows how to fight back so lmb spam : the game doesn't work as well, which honestly is a good thing. Then again Hearts of Stone already did this so nothing too new.
    -I keep constantly running into glitch that Roach cannot gallop unless I reboot the game.

Glitches aside I'm curious to see how it unfolds.

Never had glitches like that. Did you install the patch before the game?