Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Uhm, don't tell me, B&W comes with those weird masks attached to armors.
    If so, hopefully can be modded out.

Regarding W3 armor design, it seems to me some asses need to be kicked at CDPR
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 20, 2016 at 04:12 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Uhm, don't tell me, B&W comes with those weird masks attached to armors.
    If so, hopefully can be modded out.

Regarding W3 armor design, it seems to me some asses need to be kicked at CDPR
    Nope. I explained myself poorly. Sorry.

Grandmaster Witcher's gears and common sets you find around have not the mask at all.

Only special vampiric sets have it and the mask is not obligatory to wear. Each piece of vampiric gear you wear will additionally grant you a bonus to refill your life bar taking life points from the enemies.

Full bonus is given of course when you wear all the pieces together at the same time. I think the bonus is like 1% for each part of the set you wear. So if you dont wear the mask you still have the passive bonus but its a bit smaller. Vampiric set is made by 6 pieces.

Mask 1%
    Steel sword 1%
    Armor 1%
    Gauntlets 1%
    Boots 1%
    Greaves 1%

Bonus with mask 6%
    Bonus without mask 5%

btw, Ekimara decoction gives you 10% of the same, so if you use it with that armor, you get 15-16%

DV: its only those ordinary armors that are plain bad... Witcher sets are really good (maybe except the Griffin armor, i don't like the fact its modeled as relatively modern breastplate, while armor description suggest it to be ancient elven armor), same for all DLC armors.. but Blood and Wine GrandMaster armors are exceptionally great... even though, Blood and Wine has another issue - swords seems to be a bit larger than before.. for example the best silver sword you can get in this game, has hilt a bit bigger than it should be.. which looks quite strange... one of the reasons why i'm using a mod that makes that model smaller a bit (same size as other silver swords)
    Last edited by JaM; June 20, 2016 at 06:18 PM.

Just had the sex scene. The chick is talented

Game over. Had the good ending

Patrician Artifex

As The Witcher 3 became something like a game benchmark test like Chrysis, the theme GPU cards is of significance.

You might notice that current card prices of pre-Pascal (Nvidia) and pre-Polaris (AMD) dropped already and they might drop still more the next weeks.

Actually i realised a special offer now where i got the EVGA GTX 980ti FTW for only 329 Euro.
    Its performance shall be similar to the GTX 1070, but which are not in a well shaped market-supply yet (especially the better custom designs vs Founder Edition), thus i decided to make this purchase of an older gpu chip now. Normally a no-go, but in this case i made an exception, and well, it will be more than enough for W3 in 1080p/ultra, which was a main decision factor as well (just still don't plan to play in higher resolutions ... might change next year or so, when i replace all hardware components).

As well the prices for the AMD's, 390(X) and Fury's, fall. Thus AMD fans might upgrade for significant less money than a few days ago.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 23, 2016 at 01:31 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

With a 980ti you can still play ultra any games for next four years. It would be an intelligent move and at the same time you save money

I'm in the second chapter currently (Vizima/swamp), and it's getting really, really annoying. I'm just running around/meditating all the time and feel like not getting any further. Fetch me this, get me that, oh yeah and you need this, wait until midnight, come back tomorrow, get out you're drunk!!! Then the occasional crash. Main quest (crime) has like 1000 quest entries in the log. Luckily, I can approach the tower now and get this thing going. I have looked into a walkthrough a bit cause it was so frustrating and I would've missed too many things. Ofc, I spoilered things a bit there, but oh well....

Well if the main quest has been tiring for you just do some exploration, witcher contracts and other secondary quests. Its not like you gotta rush the main quest, i pratically did all secondary quests before continuing the story line.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Well if the main quest has been tiring for you just do some exploration, witcher contracts and other secondary quests. Its not like you gotta rush the main quest, i pratically did all secondary quests before continuing the story line.
    Agree with this approach ... why rushing - only because a main quest description suggests this? No, it's the player who decides his tempo.

Btw., did you guys see this regarding patch 1.22? besides fixes...introduces new issues

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    With a 980ti you can still play ultra any games for next four years. It would be an intelligent move and at the same time you save money
    Generally, i would prefer and recommend the GTX 1070 vs the 980ti, no question the 1070 is the better choice (slight better performance, 2 GB more VRAM, much lower Watt consumption). The offer i realised was chosen because no proper 1070 custom is available on the market now and for the next days/weeks, and the price of 329 € in a bundle with a gaming chair valued with 170 €, so under the line i paid but 499 €, the normal costs - currently - of a 980ti and also of a 1070 FE or coming 1070 customs.

I just started the whole W3 game (incl. all DLCs and patched) today with the new 980ti card installed (the EVGA ftw, means stock-oc'ed as much as EVGA can or did with this chip). I'm disappointed with the "famous" EVGA ACW 2.0+ cooling system, although until 60° no fan action (that's okay), when they act under load they are really not supporting a quite silent gaming, or it is my cpu fan that produces now such noise, not sure now ... have to investigate still. Nonetheless my former (excellent) Asus 660ti has been in comparison much, much more silent under load as far as i can judge for now (same build, just gpu is changed).

After loading the game prior to the real game first chapter, i checked dozens approaches to make the best out of the graphics (Nvidia settings, driver update, ingame settings, user ini settings).
    From default Nvidia panel game profile settings i ended up with only changing/forcing AF 16x.
    Ingame i chose preset Ultra (remember, i play 1080p), but then customised a bit: Vsync off, frames no limit, Hairworks complete off, Sharpening low (or off, not sure now), secondary characters (NPCs) on medium.
    No changes in user settings (ini file) so far (as they seem to be all on ultra already, according to a Geforce guide for W3).

Fraps shows around 80 to 100+ fps in the first chapter. Not sure if this is correct, because even already in Weißgarten (german term, the village in 1st chapter), i get a kind of lagging, not a slide-show, but not a buttersmooth Geralt-running ... parallel it shows about 100 fps in the same moment ?! ... confusing ... . Perhaps i have to lower something?
    Well, else the graphics quality is nice, but i regret a bit that i didn't wait on a GTX 1070 custom (still believe it's a tad better than 980ti), or just even the 1080 (in a few weeks or months, i guess the 1080 card is affordable with a nearly fair price).
    Oh, and cutscenes have a lot of tearing in my experience, no matter if vsync is on or off (that might be a Nvidia "bug", afaik Radeon cards have just a significant graphics-tech-advantage there).
    And i have a strange voice-bug: Reloading the game and performing/repeating a last dialog ie. with a trader, Geralt and the trader has no voice-output ... confused.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 24, 2016 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Thing is, the secondary quests/ contracts have the same "blockers". First you need to get the right book/bribe for the glossary entry, then aquire the right talent, then a key to enter (which requires to advance main quest first), then show up at the right time etc...
    At least they could be a bit straightforward.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; June 25, 2016 at 02:15 AM.

Davinci: try enabling Adaptive V-sync for your card, and make sure you have ingame V-sync off. Nothing worse than having both options enabled as they collide with each other producing tearing

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Thing is, the secondary quests/ contracts have the same "blockers". First you need to get the right book/bribe for the glossary entry, then aquire the right talent, then a key to enter (which requires to advance main quest first), then show up at the right time etc...
    At least they could be a bit straightforward.
    Its just the beginning. Dont worry. Later things will turn interesting after you met the Baron and unlocked Oxenfurt and Novigrad.

Remember to do all the quests and contracts colored in green. If you skip them, then they will turn grey and will not reward you properly at all (5 exp points).

Read any notice boards on the map (colored in yellow)

Put the Axii Delusion skill (3/3) in one of the free characters slots. Its very important in the main game because increases the effectiveness of persuasion in dialogues. Persuasion will reward you with exp points each time

At the beginning of the game (Velen) spend money just to buy gwent cards and recipes of any type you find from vendors. Sell the rest

Once In Novigrad, before approaching the main quest called "matter of life and death", explore all the town and win/buy any gwent cards from merchants and inn keepers you find. If you dont do this, later in the game you will find yourself in the situation in which you cannot finish a quest that requires you to collect all gwent cards in the game.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; June 25, 2016 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    Its just the beginning. Dont worry. Later things will turn interesting after you met the Baron and unlocked Oxenfurt and Novigrad.

Remember to do all the quests and contracts colored in green. If you skip them, then they will turn grey and will not reward you properly at all (5 exp points).

Read any notice boards on the map (colored in yellow)

Put the Axii Delusion skill (3/3) in one of the free characters slots. Its very important in the main game because increases the effectiveness of persuasion in dialogues. Persuasion will reward you with exp points each time

At the beginning of the game (Velen) spend money just to buy gwent cards and recipes of any type you find from vendors. Sell the rest

Once In Novigrad, before approaching the main quest called "matter of life and death", explore all the town and win/buy any gwent cards from merchants and inn keepers you find. If you dont do this, later in the game you will find yourself in the situation in which you cannot finish a quest that requires you to collect all gwent cards in the game.
    he is actually talking about Witcher 1, not 3

Agree with this approach ... why rushing - only because a main quest description suggests this? No, it's the player who decides his tempo.

Btw., did you guys see this regarding patch 1.22? besides fixes...introduces new issues

Generally, i would prefer and recommend the GTX 1070 vs the 980ti, no question the 1070 is the better choice (slight better performance, 2 GB more VRAM, much lower Watt consumption). The offer i realised was chosen because no proper 1070 custom is available on the market now and for the next days/weeks, and the price of 329 € in a bundle with a gaming chair valued with 170 €, so under the line i paid but 499 €, the normal costs - currently - of a 980ti and also of a 1070 FE or coming 1070 customs.

I just started the whole W3 game (incl. all DLCs and patched) today with the new 980ti card installed (the EVGA ftw, means stock-oc'ed as much as EVGA can or did with this chip). I'm disappointed with the "famous" EVGA ACW 2.0+ cooling system, although until 60° no fan action (that's okay), when they act under load they are really not supporting a quite silent gaming, or it is my cpu fan that produces now such noise, not sure now ... have to investigate still. Nonetheless my former (excellent) Asus 660ti has been in comparison much, much more silent under load as far as i can judge for now (same build, just gpu is changed).

After loading the game prior to the real game first chapter, i checked dozens approaches to make the best out of the graphics (Nvidia settings, driver update, ingame settings, user ini settings).
    From default Nvidia panel game profile settings i ended up with only changing/forcing AF 16x.
    Ingame i chose preset Ultra (remember, i play 1080p), but then customised a bit: Vsync off, frames no limit, Hairworks complete off, Sharpening low (or off, not sure now), secondary characters (NPCs) on medium.
    No changes in user settings (ini file) so far (as they seem to be all on ultra already, according to a Geforce guide for W3).

Fraps shows around 80 to 100+ fps in the first chapter. Not sure if this is correct, because even already in Weißgarten (german term, the village in 1st chapter), i get a kind of lagging, not a slide-show, but not a buttersmooth Geralt-running ... parallel it shows about 100 fps in the same moment ?! ... confusing ... . Perhaps i have to lower something?
    Well, else the graphics quality is nice, but i regret a bit that i didn't wait on a GTX 1070 custom (still believe it's a tad better than 980ti), or just even the 1080 (in a few weeks or months, i guess the 1080 card is affordable with a nearly fair price).
    Oh, and cutscenes have a lot of tearing in my experience, no matter if vsync is on or off (that might be a Nvidia "bug", afaik Radeon cards have just a significant graphics-tech-advantage there).
    And i have a strange voice-bug: Reloading the game and performing/repeating a last dialog ie. with a trader, Geralt and the trader has no voice-output ... confused.
    Tearing occurs when the fps coming from the graphics card is higher than the fps the monitor can produce. To fix just max out all the settings. Dont worry if you lose some fps

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    he is actually talking about Witcher 1, not 3
    lol u re right. Read swamps thought he was referring to Velen

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Davinci: try enabling Adaptive V-sync for your card, and make sure you have ingame V-sync off. Nothing worse than having both options enabled as they collide with each other producing tearing
    I'll check that out. I believe that was also set in my W2 panel profile. With tearing, i remember it only in the first cutscene with Yen ... the tearing effect was rather a horizontal frame cut or lagging, no real picture tearing (vertical).

Btw., after i wrote the above settings, i tried then everything maxed out totally ... works also without frame-drops. The card is a fps beast, but too noisy under load for my taste (it must be the two gpu fans, cause can't imagine the cpu fan produces this Sone amount). Well, sharpening maxed looks very bad imo. (net textures from close view under certain angles, same effect experienced in W2 already), so that's only medium or low or off. Hairworks maxed out is okay.

Edit:

After played W1 and W2 with big ethusiasm, i'm only in Weißgarten 1st chapter (tutorial?) now, but must say already (as all confirmed already with W3), that W3 is a dimension better created than the former titles.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 25, 2016 at 05:57 AM.

After played W1 and W2 with big ethusiasm, i'm only in Weißgarten 1st chapter (tutorial?) now, but must say already (as all confirmed already with W3), that W3 is a dimension better created than the former titles.
    Do yourself a favor and switch to English.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Do yourself a favor and switch to English.
    Do you mean my (bad english) posting-language ("denglish"), or Witcher ingame?

If the latter, why should i?
    It's synchronised perfectly and texts fully alright, so far. Btw., original language would be polish

Guess Weibgarten is White Orchard