Asus G11CB;
    Intel, Core i7, 3,40 GHz, 64 bit;
    RAM:16 GB;
    Hard Disk: 1000 GB,
    GRAPHIC:Nvidia, GeForce GTX 950, 2048 MB;
    Windows 10, Home, Bit S.O. : 64 ,

Philips MONITOR LED/OLED MODEL: 273V5LHSB; Size:27’’

So my questions...

as it looks all ok in order to enjoy it properly... shall I expect anyway to decrease the graphic details during battles? Will the game lag and freeze anyway ?

I ask that cuz i fear they confirm lower requirements before selling the game so they can sell more and more...

Any suggestion ?

Thanks
    You gfx card is a worser rebrand of the GTX770, so dont have high hopes on playing this on Ultra/high.
    You'll get it on Medium.

Also i bet, like you said, they do infact lower the system requirements, to sell more units.
    I'm asking in every video released by CA/SEGA, to post their PC config. i'll bet its a GTX980TI in SLI for the battles they show us. With the latest intel I7 processor.

My prediction?
    Specs for medium, will in fact give you low details (60fps)
    Specs for High, will give you medium details (60fps)
    Specs for ultra, will give you High/ultra details (60fps).

Remember the ROME2 lie. Recording all games on half the speed during recording, than put it on youtube on double the speed. So it looks smooth.

I'll wait on upgrading my GTX 770, for the release of the new Nvidia/AMD cards.
    If i would like to pay for one, now, it will be the R9 390 (8gb + Direct X12). Cause that cards is better than the Nvidia GTX 970 (3.5gb + 0.5gb no direct X 12).

Default Re: Hardware Queries & Advice

GTX 950 is not a rebranded 770. There is a large performance gap between those 2 cards and the GTX 950 is really a mean trick on customers by Nvidia in my opinion. Almost everyone in the Nvidia 700 series even 750Ti is better off staying with what they have than upgrading to a GTX 950.

According to CA specs the recommended is GTX 760 which is only 5-10% faster than the GTX 950 so you are near recommended specs. Of course that likely means acceptable performance will come mostly on medium settings. If you want a real upgrade you would have to jump at least to a GTX 970 or R9 390 but since you'll definitely be able to run the game and in 2-3 months new lineup of GPU is coming out I'd wait to upgrade. Most likely you'll be able to score a deal on a used 970 or get a 1070 new around the same price as you'd pay right now.

I have a 770 that I got used last year from someone upgrading to a 970 and paid alot less than $200. Overclocked I expect that card to run on High though I think Ultra is out of reach for TW:WH unless CA somehow pulled a miracle of optimization which given their track record is very unlikely.

Tiro

So basically it is ok for all part of the hardware of mine but the weakness might be the graphic card which I can change at a decent price within the next 6 months or maybe before.

Good. Graphic card start by being very expensive but then they decrease very fast.

CPU - intel I5-6600k
    GPU - MSI 390
    RAM - 8GB
    SSD- 250GB with 150GB space so I can fit the game here
    HDD- 1TB

I'm thinking about getting 980 TI by the end of summer and I7-6700k in winter by the end of the year hopefully their game engine get tweaks and improvements since I'd want to play this game with 1000 moving pixels per units, hopefully I'll able to stream the game too..
    Last edited by flippers; May 03, 2016 at 04:59 AM.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

By the end of summer the next gen gpus might have arrived and you'll probably have better options.

Hi all,

Can someone let me know how they think the below laptop would preform?

AMD A10-8700P
    8GB RAM
    Radeon R6 graphics

Struggle? not run? I am guessing - I'm rubbish with these sort of things
    'One Law, One Land, One Throne!'
    Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Chesh View Post
    AMD A10-8700P
    8GB RAM
    Radeon R6 graphics

Struggle? not run? I am guessing - I'm rubbish with these sort of things
    You should be able to run it- not sure how well as it depends on exactly which configuration of R6 you have. Probably low to medium but it is 64 bit and depending on how CA optimized it you might actually be better off than many other laptops.

Default What Settings could my computer run TW:Warhammer at?

I was wondering what I could run the game at... (I looked at the required specs but I am not gr8 at the whole comparison thing only real thing i bothered with was processor which is easy.) Custom Built.

Processor-AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Graphics Card-AMD Radeon (TM) R9 360

RAM-16 GB

OS- Windows 10

Default Re: What Settings could my computer run TW:Warhammer at?

Quote Originally Posted by AgrippaDaRippa View Post
    I was wondering what I could run the game at... (I looked at the required specs but I am not gr8 at the whole comparison thing only real thing i bothered with was processor which is easy.) Custom Built.

Processor-AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Graphics Card-AMD Radeon (TM) R9 360

RAM-16 GB

OS- Windows 10
    Cant give u an exact figure or a damm good guess without knowing what screen size (resolution you play at).

Libertus

On the top of my head i would guess on medium/high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant give u an exact figure or a damm good guess without knowing what screen size (resolution you play at).
    I play with a 22 inch screen
    1920 by 1080
    Last edited by AgrippaDaRippa; May 13, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgrippaDaRippa View Post
    I play with a 22 inch screen
    1920 by 1080
    If you play on High at the resolution expect low FPS. Medium might be ok though.

Default TW: Warhammer specs

hello, can you guys help me out with my question, will my computer handle Total War Warhammer in good fps or just so you can play it?

Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
    8,00 GB RAM
    64-bits
    Don´t now what video card

BTW, my computer is a: MSI GE62 2QC Apache

Thank you for the help!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TW: Warhammer specs

That should run it at a pretty decent fps, might not be ultra settings but you should run it just fine
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

As far as I could find:

MINIMUM PC CONFIGURATION PC:

(Around 15-25fps expected on campaign map and in battle 1vs1, 20 units against 20 units, graphic settings “Low” by default)

• System: Windows 7 64Bit
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz
    • RAM: 3 GB*
    • Space on Hard Disc: 35 GB
    • Graphic Card: (with DirectX 11) AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB | NVIDIA GTS 450 1024MB | Intel HD4000 @720P

*PC's with integrated graphic card to the mother board need 4GB of RAM, like the Intel HD series for instance.

RECOMMENDED PC CONFIGURATION:

(Around 45-55fps expected on campaign map and in battle 1vs1, 20 units against 20 units, graphic settings “High” by default)

• System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 3.20GHz
    • RAM: 8 GB
    • Graphic Card: (with DirectX 11) AMD Radeon R9 270X 2048MB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048MB @1080P

PC CONFIGURATION for 60FPS+

(60fps+ expected on campaign map and in battle 1vs1, 20 units against 20 units, graphic settings “Highest” by default)

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
    • Graphic Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Fury X or Nvidia GTX 980 @1080P

Hope it helps.
    Feel free to correct me if you see any mistake
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    PC CONFIGURATION for 60FPS+

(60fps+ expected on campaign map and in battle 1vs1, 20 units against 20 units, graphic settings “Highest” by default)

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
    • Graphic Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Fury X or Nvidia GTX 980 @1080P
    • A GTX 980 seems a bit of a high requirement just to get a solid 60fps.
      On a GTX 970 and Intel core i7 4770k I can get a solid 60 fps on Witcher 3 which I'd assume is way more intensive, with everything set to Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by VxBoredxV View Post
    A GTX 980 seems a bit of a high requirement just to get a solid 60fps.
    On a GTX 970 and Intel core i7 4770k I can get a solid 60 fps on Witcher 3 which I'd assume is way more intensive, with everything set to Ultra.[/LIST]

I consider that a big improvement from Atilla, dont think you can max it out at 60fps even with a 980gtx

Quote Originally Posted by VxBoredxV View Post
    A GTX 980 seems a bit of a high requirement just to get a solid 60fps.
    On a GTX 970 and Intel core i7 4770k I can get a solid 60 fps on Witcher 3 which I'd assume is way more intensive, with everything set to Ultra.[/LIST]
    TW is historically quite intensive- I definitely expect it to be more intensive than Witcher 3 even with optimizations. There is just a whole lot more going on a system has to process.

Though keep in mind what they mean by "Ultra" which is almost everything set to Ultra or max and 16x testure filtering with MLAA on. Those are some fairly taxing settings and if you simply turn down a few things most of the time visually there isn't a significant difference and you can keep most Ultra settings.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

For the record, the next gen Nvidia gpus (GTX 1000 series) will reach the markets in a couple of weeks.

GTX 1080 - May 27th ($599)
    GTX 1070 - June 10th ($379)

So if you are planning to buy a new GPU for Warhammer, the wait is definitely worth it. The only issue I see here is that the 1000 series seem to have been designed with Virtual Reality performance in mind (aka a worthless gimmick for the vast majority of buyers) so I am now curious about what AMD has in store, since I imagine their release will have a better price-quality ratio, with a bigger focus on raw performance and fewer gimimcks.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    For the record, the next gen Nvidia gpus (GTX 1000 series) will reach the markets in a couple of weeks.

GTX 1080 - May 27th ($599)
    GTX 1070 - June 10th ($379)

So if you are planning to buy a new GPU for Warhammer, the wait is definitely worth it. The only issue I see here is that the 1000 series seem to have been designed with Virtual Reality performance in mind (aka a worthless gimmick for the vast majority of buyers) so I am now curious about what AMD has in store, since I imagine their release will have a better price-quality ratio, with a bigger focus on raw performance and fewer gimimcks.
    From what I have read so far, it seems AMD are also interested in VR and bringing it to a massed market that can't afford Nvidia prices. Both camps seem to be banging on about VR. Me I am only interested in raw power, so I suspect AMD are out. I am not expecting the GTX 1080 to give me the boost I want over the GTX 980Ti. (I don't like the idea of sli/crossfire, I like powerful single GPU's)
    It's not just the new cards we need, won't the new Nvidia's need mother boards with the new graphics interface? Then also there's probably immature drivers to contend with?

I may well opt for a 4K monitor, although at the moment I am struggling to make my mind up as to the screen size and resolution to go for, never mind which monitor is the best? Suspect I will have to wait for a GTX 1080Ti or better? I want to build a new PC that will last for while, thinking of about £2,000 around Christmas, plus up to £1,000 for the screen. My 16yrs old son is gagging to get his hands on my current PC, as his has broken, so no Warhammer Total War for him til I upgrade. In the short term every thing is so new, even the new SSD's. I thought by December the dust will have settled some what and weighting my options will be better?

Anyone here done any total war gaming at 4K resolution, does it look good?

The prices in the states for these new Nvidia cards compared to what we will have to pay in the UK don't seem to tally, are you going to get them cheap, or are we being ripped?
    Last edited by Frost, colonel; May 15, 2016 at 08:22 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast