Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy RPG

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    The ONLY way to do that is via the Blood Kiss.
    Magic comes from the warp, and the warp made mutated Gotrek who was a Dwarf, AND he had additional protection from magic. The Warp (and magic) can do anything, as long as the influence is powerful enough.

Also, I would honestly like to be critiqued for my char's lore problems. With WHFB dying and noone having memory of stuff like older editions, and thus slayer pirates it would be interesting to see what others have to say.
    Last edited by Bobington; April 15, 2016 at 02:22 PM.
    As God wills it.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Nope. Only two ways to make a vamp, the elixer made by Neferata or the blood kiss. The blood kiss and the elixer are magic, so in a sense you are correct, but there is no actual direct magic to making vampires. Only through blood or elixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Nope. Only two ways to make a vamp, the elixer made by Neferata or the blood kiss. The blood kiss and the elixer are magic, so in a sense you are correct, but there is no actual direct magic to making vampires. Only through blood or elixer.
    Let me repeat. In both fantasy, and 40K (more so 40K because the powers are just so much better) magic and powers of the warp can do anything. Anything. As long as your are powerful enough to do that, at least. Magic is much less restricted in WH and there is no specific "there must be X and Y for Z to occur." I mean, due to the belief and tradition, following these parameters can make following instructions work a charm, but as long as you have the power (Manny and Vlad almost certainly have enough, maybe Konrad but he was more of a monster than a magician) you can do whatever you feels like.
    As God wills it.

Even with that reasoning it is impossible. Nagash can't do it, so Mannfred and Vlad can't either. Besides, do you really think theh would run around giving away their blood if they could just go "poof you are now a vamp"

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The warp has more to do with the belief of the people living in the mortal world, that expresses its power in their world. Dwarfs are resistant to magic because they believe they are, Sigmar is real because the people of the Empire have faith in him.

The Dwarfs had resistance to the power of magic before they believed in it; it is one of the reasons they had such success against the High Elves on the war of the beard. Despite Elves being a mobilized faster, and more organised, they relied on magic. The Dwarfs were confused and baffled when the Elves said words of power and nothing happened (as were the Elves). NOW their resistance is reinforced by belief, but it is not entirely consistent of it. Also, Nagash needs no more Vampires. He likes status quo for his ambitions.
    As God wills it.

PvP? Dis gon be gud! Best part is, I already have a pistol drawn!
    As God wills it.

Wow, that happened fairly fast. Bobington you'll need to roleplay your reaction or action to his so I can mod this.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

As God wills it.

Did I get to hit wossname over the head with my gun or did he dodge that too? And my axe swing, did that miss too?
    Last edited by Bobington; April 16, 2016 at 09:44 PM.
    As God wills it.

He attempted two actions and you attempted two actions. You fired your pistol and drew your axe. He attempted to disarm you and tug your beard. We continue on from there.

Each attempted action is a separate roll with modifiers.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Ooooohhhh.

Just out of curiosity, do you use D6 D20 or D100?
    As God wills it.

I use multiple d20s plus modifiers that are based on a number of things skills and roleplay included.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Yo, you quoted Skylord but but wrote nothing.Wjat happened?
    As God wills it.

You didn't respond. He wants your reaction I think.

Oh, I thought he had to mod what happened first; whether my bottle hit you or not, and the effects.
    As God wills it.

Sorry I literally fell asleep as I was about to mod it last night. Must have pushed post. I'll have it done in a few minutes.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    OOOC: This will have to wait till I am off of work for me to moderate. Let's straighten a few things out since both of you are doing head scratching things. I will allow the cutting of the beard and the W carved into his chest, but not the 1) green fire since Skylord's character doesn't have green fire. 2) No Bobington your character doesn't magically heal.

3)As to weapons, you've thrown or used both pistols which requires you to not only go find them and pick them up, you have to take over a minute to reload. You would also have to go find and pickup both axe and sword which are in opposite directions. 4) You can reach one weapon before Skylord can react. 5) Which one is up to you. Just keep in mind you have bad leg and chest wounds you're currently bleeding from.
    1) Yeah, I was referring to the fact he had no fire, and if he would be able to channel some sort of magic the Dwarfish resistance to magic would pretty much null anything that minor.

2) I assume he will now cut it in with his sword, so I can keep it.

3) I can understand the pistol part, but all the disarmed weapons should be at most like, twenty paces from each other.

4) See number three, I do not really see why, but oh well, you are the GM

5) Meh, I might die but at least it will be in a blaze of glory.

So based on time and proximity of when disarmed, I can have one of my "main" weapons (the axe or cutlass) and one of me pistols?
    Last edited by Bobington; April 17, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
    As God wills it.

I did cut you, and used magic to cauterize it. To ensure it scarred. I just got a little mixed up with the green magic.

In terms of reaction, my post is still relevant, even if Bob does change his slightly, Wolfe has effectively won after all, I was trying to leave the fight so we could have a long standing grudge through the rp, which would have been cool.

Bobington one main weapon or unloaded pistol. You don't have several minutes to go around picking everything back up.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast