Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Fantasy RPG

Default Warhammer Fantasy RPG

With Warhammer Total War coming out and a sort of GOT style Endhammer game being proposed on here I have had the inspiration to run another Warhammer Fantasy rpg. This will be in the same style as the last. Players will be unique characters of a race they pick. Mercenaries brought together in a foreign hostile land, but have been cut off from help. Everyone will start with normal equipment and skills, but as you fight and maybe win through the roleplay you'll earn loot and learn much to further your skills and power. Much like the last game as time goes on, some of you may decide to split up and pursue your own interests. I will attempt to provide a main story, but everyone is free to go where they wish and do what they wish. I'll post the setting and a list of playable races.

The city states of Araby war with each other regularly. Their ships seek to pirate when they can and their horsemen constantly harass each other's holdings. Copher and Lashiek allied with each other and a number of tribes to combat the growing power of Al Haikk, mustering thousands of infantry, cavalry, and even elephants. Al Haikk's Sultan opened his coffers and sent messengers to Tilea offering great riches to any mercenary companies willing to help his city state. A number of companies boarded ships and set sail for the desert coasts....

Your own ship has been blown off course and smashed onto the rocks a ways east of Al Haikk with only a number of you surviving. Those mercenaries that are left have a number of choices left to them. They can attempt to make it to Al Haikk and take the Sultan's offer to fight in his service against his rivals. Or perhaps they wish to quest in search of the riches rumored to be in the ruined city of Bel Aliad. Some may wish to explore the rest of Araby and the more magically inclined might want to explore the domain of the Tomb Kings or the domain of the Wizard Caliph out west. Some may even wish to brave the Badlands and fight in the service of the Border Princes. The options are endless, but somehow they must get off this beach....

Humans-

One of the greatest races of the world humans reside in many different nations and have many different languages. The possible choices are endless....

Pros: Humans can be mages, have access to firearms, well crafted arms and armor, high intelligence

Cons: Average strength and health, can only choose one type of magic,

Orcs-

While the majority are large muscle bound idiots who crave only war, some are smart enough to hire themselves out as mercenaries to other races. They are on average 6-7 feet tall and make excellent melee fighters.

Pros- Extremely strong, excellent at melee combat, can be shamans,

Cons: Extremely stupid, have very crude weapons and armor, very limited magic

Elves-

The Asur, as they call themselves carry on the ancient traditions of the Elven people on the island continent of Ulthuan, as well as the burdens of many millennia of arrogance and warfare. They are very knowledgeable about magic and are often good ranged and melee troops.

Pros: Excellent magic users, decent in melee, greater than human strength,

Cons: Other races view them badly, intense enemies with Beastmen, physically weaker than some races

Dwarves-

Dawi are an ancient, grim, and determined race integral in the founding of the Empire, the Dwarfs spend their days avenging grudges and counting gold. Dwarfs are the greatest craftsmen in the Warhammer World and in addition to enjoying fine weapons and armor they have the best heavy infantry and artillery around. Dwarf armies are well suited to defensive warfare, however due to their lack of mobility they do not do well when forced to go on the offensive. Dwarfs are legendary for their ability to never forget nor forgive a wrong against them, their finely crafted weapons and armor, ability to consume large quantities of ale, extreme stubbornness, mistrust of elves, and hatred of greenskins. Dwarfs are the closest ally to Humanity,

Pros- Extremely good arms and armor, good at defensive fighting, knowledgeable about underground places, friendly with humans, physically stronger than humans

Cons- Extreme hatred of orcs and goblins, extremely greedy, little magic use, not good on the offensive, hate elves

Halflings-

Halflings are a race of short humanoids who dwell primarily in The Moot. Halflings are renowned for their hospitality and agricultural produce, but are often discriminated against; in part due to a common bias that they are all thieves.

Pros- Very good thieves

Cons- weak physically, lack of magic, lack of military experience

Lizardmen are based on the Aztec and Mayan cultures and reside in the deep jungles of Lustria and to a lesser extent the Southlands. The Lizardmen are cold blooded reptiles and possess a cold intelligence quite unlike the warm-blooded races. The Lizardmen fiercely defend their jungles and temple-cities from intruders and treasure-hunters. Skinks are extremely good at melee while Saurus are giant lizards with their skin being harder than most armors. They intensely hate any and everything connected to the Chaos gods.

Pros- Skinks are good missle troops, Saurus have built in armor, massive physical strength, cold intelligence,

Cons- Despise anything connected to Chaos, no magic use, primitive weapons

Vampires-

Disciples of Nagash who stole his secrets of eternal life, the Vampires and their minions have spread across the Old World, furthering their own aims. There are five vampire families, each with different ambitions, habits and powers: Von Carstein, Necrarchs, Blood Dragons, Lahmians and Strigoi. They can summon these classic undead, such as zombies, skeletons, bats, and ghosts, with a focus on the occult and the dark arts of Necromancy.

Pros- Extremely good strength and reflexes,
    Bonus to any sort of necromancy, can go into a feral rage,

Cons- Weaker in sunlight, must feed every so often, must disguise true mature around other beings

Ogres-

Ogres are massive eastern barbarians who live in the Ogre Kingdoms in the Mountains of Mourn and will do any work for gold and eat anything or any one. The Ogres domesticate Sabretusks and Rhinoxen and worship their god, the Great Maw. As Ogres are guided solely by their stomachs, they spread devastation and destruction wherever they go.

Pros- Stronger and larger than orcs, can survive on basically anything

Cons- Really really stupid, only shamans can use magic, work only for gold or lots of food.

Please let me know if you would be interested in playing. This will probably only use 2-3 thread so we don't need a whole forum.
    Last edited by Pyrrhus the Molossian; April 08, 2016 at 12:22 AM.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy RPG

I'm in! Just thinking what to play.

Indefinitely Banned

I'll do either the Lizardmen or Orcs.

Sounds good. At the start I'll have everyone put up a profile with their name, race, age, backstory, equipment, and anything else important.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Name: Rudolf Hochberg
    Appearance: Tall, with a grizzly, powder-burned face. He has a black beard streaked with grey and short black hair. He wears an Imperial Captain's chest plate, with typical Imperial breeches and a loose woolen shirt with a heavy woolen jacket. He wears a black woolen cloak over the top of it all. He has a leather satchel slung across his chest like a bandolier, with a long leather cover across his back for his long rifle. Around his waist is a thick brown belt, with a heavy buckle in the shape of the Imperial cross. He carries a fine scabbard on his belt made from steel with a golden triangle at the point. He also has a leather holster on his belt. He wears the standard hat fir an Imperial, with a long feather in the top of it. He has fine brown boots.
    Equipment: Imperial Longsword, obviously belonging to an officer. A Hochland Long Rifle and a double barreled pistol. He carries a water skin tied to his belt, as well as some food and all of his ammunition in his satchel. He has his clothes, as well as an Officer's chestplate and gauntlets.
    Skills: Brilliant Engineer, Skilled Officer, Excellent Swordsman, Excellent Marksman, Strong.
    Bio: Born to a middle-class , but wealthy, family on the Stirland-Sylvania border, Rudolf Hochberg grew up tough and smart. The youngest son of a family of 5, Rudolf often had to fight for attention, which he did often with varying degrees of success. As he grew older, he began to realise that he needed to consider his own future. He would never inherit any of his family's wealth, being the youngest son. After much agonising, he decided to attend the College of Engineers, in order to be trained as an Imperial engineer. This decision delighted his father, who had lost a hand in service to the Empire and who despaired in the backwards mentality of most Stirlanders.

He attend thr College and studied vigorously, proving himself to be a talented engineer and inventer. Having graduated, he returned home to Stirland to find his family dead. Slain in an Undead attack from Sylvania, his whole family had been at home to have a celebratory dinner for Rudolf's success at the College of Engineers. Heartbroken, Rudolf sold the family home and bought himself an Imperial commission as a Captain. He donated the rest of his wealth to Sigmar and, determined to rid the Empire of the scourge of the Undead, threw himself into his training with a vengeance.

Having spent many years fighting as the commander of several different units, including a gun battery, a handgunners battalion, a battalion of pikemen and a company of Hochland Long-Rifles, he eventually realised that this was bringing him nowhere near his goal of destroying the Undead. He retired from the army and traveled to Tilea, determined to make his goals a reality. He joined a band of mercenaries heading for Araby, believing this to be the easiest and cheapest way to get to the part of the world the undead had spawned from. However, the ship crashed and he must now pick up the pieces of his plans...
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; April 11, 2016 at 04:56 AM.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Name: Skrag Irongut

Appearance: Huge, bulging with both fat and muscle. His skin is a plain green color. He has a long filthy braid that runs from the back of his head. He has an elegantly long mustache goatee combo. His gut is large, though not so large as that of a great tyrant. His teeth are dark and huge, sword like incisors, spear like tusks, and grinding stone like molars, with the strength to rip through metal, bone, and flesh. He dwarfs a man in both height and girth, standing almost twelve feet tall. He has a huge scar (teeth marks) running over his right eye, the long forgotten reminded of the only time the Irongut was on the menu.

His gut bulges out even in comparison to powerful Ogres, something the Irongut takes great pride in. And once it was said a canon ball itself hit his gut and simply bounced off.. earning him the name Irongut, he proceeded to eat the entire crew of the cannonade that assaulted him and he even attempted to consume the canons themselves, he got at least halfway through eating them before he came to terms with the fact that they weren't edible.. he finished eating them.

Equipment:
    - Mameluke Shield Gutplate (In the straps he keeps his various forks, knives, and other eating utensils).
    - A crude and hugely oversized warhammer of Ogre make, both chipped and scratched from years of service.
    - Dwarven canon, used as heavy rifle. (7 cannonballs in a bag as well)
    - He carries a basket on his back filled with the aging flesh of past meals not yet finished, with room for new victims.
    - Thick Mournfang skin pants, ripped and torn now.
    - 15 Mameluke Lances (heavy javelins).
    - Mameluke chain mail covered arms and legs.

Skills: Former Tyrant, Very Experienced Maneater, Huge Size, Expert in firearms and Artillery (at least as much as an Ogre can be an expert), specializes in the use of blunt weapons, Master of Beasts

Bio: Skrag was born a relatively small Ogre child, though not so small as to be cast out and destroyed. He had to prove himself and fight hard to gain a place in society, he had to eat more to get larger and stronger. He became a Bruiser for his Tyrant as he grew into his own.

He learned to use the powers of his own arms through the wielding of monstrous warhammers, and his inquisitive mind (relatively) for an Ogre he mastered the use of the infamous leadbelcher (canon used as a rifle).

He became a true warrior of renowned, he grew huge and bulky with a great belly. He became a trusted advisor to his Clans Tyrant, that was until he decided to devour his former boss and trusted friend. In a grand eat off he ripped the sitting Ogre tyrant to shreds and ate him bones, weapons, gore, armor, and all.

Eventually one of his own bruisers came to challenge him. That was the only time in his life that Skrag was on the menu and the only time he ever felt true fear. He was forced to flee in shame and terror and went to leave the mountains of mourn for good.. or at least for a time.

He was a powerful image to behold and he quickly amassed wealth and food aplenty as a mercenary, one of the infamous Ogre Maneaters. He fought in many battles and his gut grew larger with each victory.

He earned his title, Irongut, when a canon ball struck his gut and bounced harmlessly to the floor. He went on to devour the entire cannonade, crew, canons, cannonballs and all. He eventually signed a contract to fight in Araby for a mountain of food and a pile of gold.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; April 19, 2016 at 07:12 PM.

Void, Perry already changed his guy's name.

Both characters are approved.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Blastoise will have his character in by Monday and Xion may be participating as well. However, I would prefer more people if possible.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Can I be a Slayer Pirate?
    As God wills it.

Sure, but to start off you'll be with the rest of the mercenaries. Where you go from there is up to you.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Yeah, I just meant that I was going to be something similar to this.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...Slayer_Pirates

I would start off with maybe a cutlass, an axe, and two Dwarf pistols.
    As God wills it.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Can I be a Dark Elf mercenary?

This is up to the GM of course but nobody really trusts the Dark Elves, and I don't remember them having an entry in Dogs of War.
    As God wills it.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Bobington View Post
    This is up to the GM of course but nobody really trusts the Dark Elves, and I don't remember them having an entry in Dogs of War.
    They did, with Mengil Manhide's Manflayers.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...27s_Manflayers

Huh.

Well I guess you could be one of those.
    As God wills it.

Yeah, I just meant that I was going to be something similar to this.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...Slayer_Pirates

I would start off with maybe a cutlass, an axe, and two Dwarf pistols.
    That works for me. Approved.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    They did, with Mengil Manhide's Manflayers.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...27s_Manflayers
    Yes you can be a Dark Elf mercenary.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Name: Johan Krek

Race: Dawi (Dwarf) Slayer

Position: Slayer Pirate, Dog of War.

Weapons/Equipment: 2 Bayoneted Dwarf pistols with many reloads for each, a Slayer Greataxe and a Cutlass.

Appearance:
    He is very tall for a Dwarf (5'2), has natural red hair (thus removing the need to dye it) but of moderate build. His eyes sport a dull brown colour, he lacks the Slayer Mohawk instead wearing a sailor's cap over thin stubble-like ginger hair on the head. Finally, he has a long and untrimmed beard.

Skills: Being a Slayer he is quite different from most Dwarfs. His Dwarfish strength only increases when lacking armour, and has long since relieved himself of the Dwarf archetype of being slow. Additionally, he knows some things about engineering, sailing etc. due to working on a Dwarf Ironclad for many years. While not a professional, many years of experience have taught him to shoot accurately, to fight dirty, and to know that although his enemies are taller, their groins are level with his teeth (giving insight to a common tactic of his). Finally, his actions are not restricted with fear of death.

Bio: Johan led a quite normal life as the son of a Dwarf Thane. He was destined to take on the family business of ferrying treasure hunters to and from the New world on an Ironclad. However, one day they were forced to drop a precious cargo to be lighter when storms came. This cargo was a haul of loot belonging to some treasure hunters, and seeing the grievous blow to their finances, he took the Slayer Oath in repentance so as to not incur their fury. Now for two whole centuries he has traveled his home (the waters) as a mercenary, seeking his death.
    Last edited by Bobington; April 13, 2016 at 09:47 PM.
    As God wills it.

Alright, here goes my dude

Name: Johan Krek

Race: Dawi (Dwarf)

Position: Slayer Pirate, Dog of War.

Weapons/Equipment: 2 Dwarf pistols with many reloads for each, a Slayer Axe and a cutlass.

Appearance:
    He is very tall for a Dwarf (5'2), has natural red hair (thus removing the need to dye it) but of moderate build. His eyes sport a dull brown colour, he is bald on the head, and with a longanduntrimmed beard.

Bio: Johan led a quite normal life as the son of a Dwarf Thane. He was destined to take on the family business of ferrying treasure hunters to and from the New world on an Ironclad. However, one day they were forced to drop a precious cargo to be lighter when storms came. This cargo was a haul of loot belonging to some treasure hunters, and seeing the grievous blow to their finances, he took the Slayer Oath in repentance so as to not incur their fury. Now for two whole centuries he has traveled his home (the waters) as a mercenary, seeking his death.

Approved. It's looking like we'll have a fairly varied cast or characters.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast