Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Gaming Staff HS] The Fellowship of the Ring

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default [Gaming Staff HS] The Fellowship of the Ring

The Fellowship of the Ring

The first of its kind! An objective based FFA hotseat.

The Council of Nobles decided that each and every one of you should complete a couple objectives. Completing them will not only make you respectable and honourable, but also a true Lord of Middle-Earth. Worthy of ruling it.

All players receive their personal victory objectives via PM.
    - Objectives will remain private!
    - All objectives must be completed to achieve victory.
    - Victory can be achieved by either completing all your objectives as provided by the admins, or as in any other hotseat, by destroying all other factions.
    - There are no rules, other than the ones below, to complete objectives. It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you complete your objective!
    - If a player completes one of his objectives, it will not be shared to the other players by the admin.

Admins:
    - Chieftain Khuzaymah

- joerock22

Map

Note: Obviously Mordor, Silvan Elves and Dale do not exist. These regions are rebel settlements. This map only serves to help you identify the provinces within the playable map.

Factions

Rohan: themzr
    Dwarves: Dragon.
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains: Captainnorway
    Rhun: Adanedhel

Rules

Administrative:

• Long campaign
    • Manage all settlements
    • M/M Difficulty

General

• You may reload your turn as many times as you want
    • Turns must be taken within 48 hours. If you cannot play your turn or need an extension, please post this in the thread.
    • Please PM or VM the next player in line

Territorial

• Players cannot capture any settlement outside of the white line. Agents and armies are also not allowed to march beyond the borders of the map.
    • Isengard, Fangorn, Druadan Forest & Henneth Annun are out of play. Malgalad, Framsburg & Wormcove are in play.

Gameplay

• Not Good vs. Evil
    • No Invasions
    • No heroic victories
    • Battles against other players must be auto-resolved. Battles against the AI can be fought.
    • Post screenshots of all battles against other players: deployment screen and results screen. I think this makes following a hotseat much more interesting. Note – you do not need to post screenshots for lopsided battles, i.e. 1,000 vs. 100, but please mention the battle in your post
    • No assassinations or sabotage. You may recruit assassins to act as (expensive) extra spies, but you may not use them for anything else
    • No surrounding armies with smaller stacks to deny a retreat. You are allowed to block bridges or river crossings
    • No mercenary transport ships
    • All crossings points of the Anduin are in play
    • Units defeated by a player coming after you in the turn order may not move or attack on your subsequent turn
    • Bribing is allowed
    • Exception: you are not allowed to bribe rebel generals. Many known characters from LotR appear as lone rebel generals on the campaign map due to the way this hotseat had to be set up (Legolas, Thranduil, Bard, etc.). Those heroes would fight to the death for their factions, and would not succumb to bribery. Bribing captain-led rebel armies is still allowed.
    • Sallying from a settlement under siege is not allowed if it results in the settlement falling to the besieging force immediately thereafter (on your turn)
    • You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile further to bring it in range of more of your forces

Buildings

• No destroying any buildings if the settlement is at risk of capture
    • Exterminating settlements is not allowed. You may sack or occupy
    • On the turn you capture an enemy settlement, you are only allowed to destroy inns and cultural buildings. This rule stays in effect until you have held a captured settlement for 3 turns
    • After you hold a captured settlement for 3 turns, buildings can be destroyed without restriction (provided the settlement is not at risk of capture)

Spies

• Whether a spy may open the gates of a settlement depends on the size of the settlement’s garrison. If a settlement is defended by 900+ men, or 1500+ orcs, then spies may NOT open the gates. If a settlement is defended by fewer than this number, then spies may open the gates without restriction
    • The purpose of this rule is to allow players to defend their settlement without fear of losing their garrison due to spies. Its justification is that settlement with more defenders have better surveillance and it would be harder for spies to operate. I also want to keep the rule simple, which is the reason for the hard limit. So basically if you defend a settlement with 6 full units worth of troops, you are safe from spies
    • Spies may open the gates against the Rebels (AI) without restriction

Rules are open to change based on a vote by a majority of players

Rohan turn 1: (I don't expect Rohan to play already, but if everyone could take a look if all is fine?) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

If there are any questions about the rules or objectives, please speak up now! Regarding your private objectives, of course contact the admins in private!
    Last edited by joerock22; December 04, 2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: update player list
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Gaming Staff HS] The Fellowship of the Ring

Crap. I haven't even played TATW for almost a year, might be a bit out of practice hah

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm relieved I got Rhun! I can't remember if I asked for them or not, but I'm glad to play them for a change. There's even flavor text with the objective. I like it! Good job Chieftain (and Joe).

Just an idea but is it possible to not let Rhun capture Kugavod on turn 1? I think its cheap and a bit ridiculous that they don't have to face the rebels and capture it normally like most of us have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Just an idea but is it possible to not let Rhun capture Kugavod on turn 1? I think its cheap and a bit ridiculous that they don't have to face the rebels and capture it normally like most of us have to do.
    This has always been possible, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible in this hotseat.

On another note. You do not have to complete your objectives in the order in which we sent them to you. Make a smart strategy and complete them in the order you like!

So you're getting Dale, Esgaroth, etc. practically for free and have uncomparably better units than any other faction in the game, and you're still asking for that? Pff... In that case, I ask that the admin puts full stacks in Dale and Esgaroth with generals, cause otherwise the Dwarves get those money-makers withouth losing any units with the ridiculous dwarvish AR.

Come come, guys There are no settlements for free except for the usual Kugavod. Thanks to Joe all rebel settlements are garrisoned. The size and strength of the garrison depends on the size of the city.

Oh for free now? How about take a loot at the save? Each settlement has at the minimum 6-8 Dalesmen. Yes its called a proposition. Im saying since this is objective based and suppose to be hard so why make it easy and let someone get a free rebel settlement. However, it was just an idea.

I had a very good look at the save, so I know the Dwarves won't have any problem with taking those settlements. However, it's no biggy, I'm willing to leave things as they are. I'm assuming diplomacy is allowed in the game?

Diplomacy is allowed.

It is a free-for-all hotseat, but of course you can make agreements with other factions. A NAP or alliance for instance. However the danger of doing that is not knowing whether an agreement is part of someone else's victory conditions or if you help him in another way by providing your agreement, so be warned!

Remember, only 1 player can win this hotseat!

I VM'd KingofPoland to inform about his status. His turn is up first.
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; April 09, 2016 at 06:13 AM.

Great start to the hotseat, if this is how fast the hotseat is going to go for the next while Im afraid I will have to drop out. Late on turn 1

Not trying to nag but its just don't sign up for a hotseat if you cant commit to being on time

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Great start to the hotseat, if this is how fast the hotseat is going to go for the next while Im afraid I will have to drop out. Late on turn 1

Not trying to nag but its just don't sign up for a hotseat if you cant commit to being on time
    Rohan turn 1: (I don't expect Rohan to play already, but if everyone could take a look if all is fine?)

I'm quoting myself here from the OP.

I admit I haven't heard from KingofPoland yet after my PM with the objectives, but I'm trying to reach him now. At time of opening this thread I explicitly stated that I did not expect Rohan to play already, so it's uncalled for to make a post like that Gimli. But if I understand correctly, we won't have to worry about you being late then.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

Dwarves up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6H...ew?usp=sharing

Great job on this hotseat Joe and Chieftain, I'd +rep you guys, but twcenter is telling me to rep others before doing so

Gimli, emphasis on Chieftain's post right above mine, also you do realise that at the moment of your post, I wasn't late yet, even if Chieftain did urge me to play right when he posted the OP.

Nevertheless good luck everybody!
    Last edited by KingofPoland; April 09, 2016 at 08:41 PM.

OOTMM UP
    Attached Files Attached Files

JWANT's Avatar Senator

Rhun!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3j...OTR_Rhun_1.sav

I saw a notification for Mordor becoming a horde. Is there a plan to deal with them or will they be monitored so they do not interfere?

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JWANT View Post
    I saw a notification for Mordor becoming a horde. Is there a plan to deal with them or will they be monitored so they do not interfere?
    Mordor does become a horde due to the "survival of the orcs" script. As part of creating the save, I moved all Mordor armies to the unreachable northern portion of the map. If any more armies pop up, we can move them away as needed.

Save sent to Chieftain, per his request.

Moved 4 Mordor armies to the edge of the world to prevent Mordor from coming back.

Rohan up!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...ew?usp=sharing

PS: Adanedhel, please send me the save for Rohan turn 3 as well, just to check if more armies of Mordor spawn.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

I am about to go to bed right now. I'll take a look at it in 17 hours and put it up. If admin wants to sub that is fine as the first couple turns really don't matter if I play or not.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast